• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

thomasec

Reaction score
So I just grabbed a pair of XX-005's at BIG, and I love everything about them except for the fact that they seem to flare a bit at the bottom (since they are a true straight leg, as opposed to a tapered fit). Has anyone had any experience tapering the bottom?

Rolfi

Reaction score
i think BIG does hemming for their customers, just roll by their store and ask them if you could have em tapered isntead

or exchange for a cut that you would actually want (if that's still possible)

aoluffy

Reaction score
hey ive wore my PBJ-005s for 7 months now... washing instructions plzzz?
fades have came throught but not thatttt great.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rölfi
i think BIG does hemming for their customers, just roll by their store and ask them if you could have em tapered isntead or exchange for a cut that you would actually want (if that's still possible)
BiG doesn't do alterations, just hems.

Rolfi

Reaction score
i see, my bad.

@aoluffy
just wash em like a regular pair of jeans, just take them out before the spin cycle. you oculd also buy a special detergent for dark clothes if that's worth the extra money to you

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just started working on a pair of the Blue in Green branded XX-013s that are manufactured by PBJ. These are a size 34, which is my normal waist size, and they start out pretty loose. I wasn't sure how much they would shrink, so I erred on the side of caution starting out with them. I gave them a cold soak for about 3 hours, a very hot soak for about an hour and a half, and I machine-washed them on the delicate cycle, allowing full drying and checking the fit in between each step.

Here are pics of them pre-soak.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pics post-wash. I'm going to have to have my wife shoot future fit pics from further away, they are really distorted when it comes to proportions, LOL!

I plan on wearing these full time and hope to post updated pics as time goes by.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JazzyA
Those look too big and pbjs stretch alot too.

I tend to like my jeans a little bit on the loose side, but then again, I've been losing some weight lately, so I think you're right. I'm hoping they shrank down a little bit more after the machine wash.

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sell it in the marketplace and get a 32. God I'm a true 32 and my 005s fit my legs, you must have needles for legs.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nereis
Sell it in the marketplace and get a 32. God I'm a true 32 and my 005s fit my legs, you must have needles for legs.

Well, these did shrink down more in the washing machine and fit better now, I'll try to get some pics up when I get the chance. The XX-013s have a wider thigh than the 005s, so they'll always look a bit looser than those, but I do have pretty scrawny chicken legs.
laugh.gif

thorough

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thomasec
So I just grabbed a pair of XX-005's at BIG, and I love everything about them except for the fact that they seem to flare a bit at the bottom (since they are a true straight leg, as opposed to a tapered fit). Has anyone had any experience tapering the bottom?
i hemmed about 2 inches and then i tapered mine(size 31 i believe) to a 7.5 inch opening. i wish i had just got a tapered a little less. I still wear them all the time but just a little wider hem would look a little more classic. nobody has ever told me they look wierd or anything. they might stack a bit crazy if you arent really tall. basically just do a little at a time cause you cant go back once you have tapered. use someone you trust. if they are loose at all in the seat then it will look strange if you taper them. Ive ruined a couple cheaper pairs that had a roomy top block. i can take pics of mine if you want but it will be ****** cellphone pics cause i cant find my cams USB cable. mine are looking quite decent lately.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads