• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
AFAIK there are no width fittings. U last will work best for low instep. Do not buy these shoes unless you're happy to sell them.

+1 correct.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette
Fritzl, I can bring mine along for the ICPM (Inner Circle Paprika Meeting), with non-360-welt for comparison.

Originally Posted by luk-cha
bring it on, and both should jump at the same time - stop wussing out!

sg, i love the ICPM creation.

dude, we are not wussing out. first things, first. operation paprika has priority status

good choice bro' listen to that Vassist calling
devil.gif

poor little bugger, what does he know. now raw paprika comes to the connaisseurs.
boxing[1].gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
+1 correct.

really i found that with my high instep that both the F U both fit the same! it is just the the round shape of the F is more forgiving that the U

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
really i found that with my high instep that both the F U both fit the same! it is just the the round shape of the F is more forgiving that the U
one never stops learning. from my experience the instep is one parameter among a few others. there are rules of thumb and there's the possibility to try them on. besides, i noticed that most people (here) do not care for the arch support. heaven knows why? at least for me, this is the most effective "adjusting tool". talk on the streets was about U-last doesn't suit high insteps, never mind.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one never stops learning. from my experience the instep is one parameter among a few others. there are rules of thumb and there's the possibility to try them on. besides, i noticed that most people (here) do not care for the arch support. heaven knows why? at least for me, this is the most effective "adjusting tool". talk on the streets was about U-last doesn't suit high insteps, never mind.
Could you elaborate on that? That sounds very interesting. Background is that I had an almost revelation-like experience when I tried a Handmacher on the Primus last - for the first time ever I felt the middle part of the sole against my foot! Very, very comfortable. Unfortunately I'm not sold on the last shape.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
one never stops learning.

from my experience the instep is one parameter among a few others. there are rules of thumb and there's the possibility to try them on.
besides, i noticed that most people (here) do not care for the arch support. heaven knows why? at least for me, this is the most effective "adjusting tool".

talk on the streets was about U-last doesn't suit high insteps, never mind.

in theory, the only difference should be the toe reigon, as being sq2 the lines from the little toe and the big toe are straight, and on the the round toes curved, the fit over the instep down to the heel should be the same even the fit in the arch.

so the reason why most people like to size up 1/2 a size on the u to the f is the toes are not as cramped, unless they have short toes (like me) thus dont have this issue

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder where these word on the street comes from. The italian last have a shallower toe box but i don't think it's a problem to those with normal insteps. If the instep is high, then the U & F last can still be made to derby, monks and chukkas styles. The problem people face if they get a very pronounced V opening at the laces in oxford is I think also partly due to width, which is not particularly wide on the italian last and sadly offered only in one fitting.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
Could you elaborate on that? That sounds very interesting. Background is that I had an almost revelation-like experience when I tried a Handmacher on the Primus last - for the first time ever I felt the middle part of the sole against my foot! Very, very comfortable. Unfortunately I'm not sold on the last shape.

yes i can in my mother tongue. you'll receive a "private lesson".
wink.gif

background is, that as you can see, everyone has different observations due to the fact that no foot is like another.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes i can in my mother tongue. you'll receive a "private lesson".
wink.gif

background is, that as you can see, everyone has different observations due to the fact that no foot is like another.

Question being, whether I'll be able to understand that
wink.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
Question being, whether I'll be able to understand that
wink.gif

icke kann een bisschen berlinerisch...

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IMG_5542.jpg

Can I get the detail around these? Are they cordovan?

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads