• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

50K for a luxury/sport car or SUV – what to get?!

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
The 335i is actually faster according to Motor Trend: 0-60 5.1 seconds, 13.7 quarter mile @104mph vs 0-60 5.4 and 14.0 quarter mile at 101.9mph.

I stand corrected. Probably because the BMW's torque is available ~3000RPMs lower than the G37.

Anyways, I actually just got a car in this range...I was only looking at sports cars/sedans. I test drove the 335, S4, G37, TL-SH AWD and IS350. I thought the BMW was the all-around best drive and the TL the best value (although it's ugly as sin). 335 climbs very quickly in price if you want to option it out to what a lot of the other cars have standard, but if you don't mind that, go with a 335. If you just want pure power, hard to beat the S4 (which is pretty damn nice anyways).

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great choice on the S4.
cheers.gif
Do share the pics when it comes in. Mrs. Dmax will need a new daily driver in a couple of month and I'm trying to get her into the S4. Audi lease support is not that great though and to lease one will cost at least $120 more per month than a comparable 335xi.

Mr.Pinchy

Reaction score
Motortrend is the worst place to get info. Good for news, but not much else. They seem to avoid bashing MB, Lincoln and Chevy. 6 versus 8 - paid for by Ford Rising To The Top: 2010 Chevrolet Malibu - paid for by Chevy (just listening to this ***** yabber on about how good the new Malibu is wants to make me throw up) 2005 Car of the Year - Chrysler 300 2004 Car of the Year - Toyota Prius 2002 Car of the Year - Ford Thunderbird 2000 Car of the Year - Lincoln LS If anything, whatever car MT announces as car of the year, get the hell away from it.

Mr.Pinchy

Reaction score
The stunning interior is made even more beautiful by quality and craftmanship that rivals pricey luxury cars. If your friends are confusing your Chevy Malibu with a Mercedes S-Class then only you will know that you paid $20,000 for this $40,000 car.
-Motortrend

GuP

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice and keep it coming!

I haven't read anyone say anything about the new Jaguars. What's the word on these?

jpo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Nah, loud and uncomfortable. I second the 335.
+1, and unreliable. God forbid you encounter a speed bump.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Just looked at the Q5 for my wife. Might be worth a look for you.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
Hah! i wonder what kind of kickbacks and money Ford had to come up with this year to have the Fusion "win".

Not that the Fusion should be mentioned in this thread, but the car has received consistent praise from varying automotive editorials.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Just looked at the Q5 for my wife. Might be worth a look for you.
How did you like it?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
How did you like it?

Pricing was hard to beat (50k = every option there is), it's a nice V6, handles great, great cockpit, nice stereo, cool LED lighting, comfy seating, cargo space is so/so (for its class) but back seat is great, big side view mirrors (something I really like).

We will not be getting it though as the dealership is in a dodgy area, farthest from where we live/work, and the dealership itself is a little **** hole with no parking or interior floor space.

If I had to bet, I'd lay odds she gets another ML or possibly an FX.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pricing was hard to beat (50k = every option there is), it's a nice V6, handles great, great cockpit, nice stereo, cool LED lighting, comfy seating, cargo space is so/so (for its class) but back seat is great, big side view mirrors (something I really like).

We will not be getting it though as the dealership is in a dodgy area, farthest from where we live/work, and the dealership itself is a little **** hole with no parking or interior floor space.

Thanks, sounds good.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm somewhat at odds with the new FX. I found the first generation to be more handsome, yet the interior and engine choice of the new models are quite tantalizing. All in all, I think it's a great alternative to the X5 or ML.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
I'm somewhat at odds with the new FX. I found the first generation to be more handsome, yet the interior and engine choice of the new models are quite tantalizing. All in all, I think it's a great alternative to the X5 or ML.
Some of the options are very nice, the electronics are great, and that new engine in the FX is very nice. I think she's down between the ML and the FX. The X5 is a hard sell. It's the price of an MB GL but only has the interior space of the ML. Also, the interior is much more spartan. Reminds me of Rover's interiors...but even more so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads