• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My C&J Tetbury boots finally came!

flanker2000fr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IBJanky

So far so good, I love the way they look. Also fits my foot rather well.

I wanna get the black version now
devil.gif

myke

I am happy for you, and hopefully you will not be disappointed.

But as I mentioned in another post in this thread, you might be surprised at the characteristics of the antique nubuck used for this shoe (I assume that this is the model you have , as it's the one available on Bodileys' website).

What I have found out about this particular leather is that:

- it marks incredibly easily
- it soaks in water like a sponge
- the creases form white, "dusty" lines
- it expands more than calf, and similarly to suede

I saw that you live in Southern California, so rain should not be too much of an issue.

Let us know your experience about how the shoes age.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flanker2000fr
I am happy for you, and hopefully you will not be disappointed.

But as I mentioned in another post in this thread, you might be surprised at the characteristics of the antique nubuck used for this shoe (I assume that this is the model you have , as it's the one available on Bodileys' website).

What I have found out about this particular leather is that:

- it marks incredibly easily
- it soaks in water like a sponge
- the creases form white, "dusty" lines
- it expands more than calf, and similarly to suede

I saw that you live in Southern California, so rain should not be too much of an issue.

Let us know your experience about how the shoes age.

is the white stuff salt? ive had that occur to some Kangaroo leather RM Williams boots, it is easily dealt with and usually doesnt last long.

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace
Great choice Myke. You should have those for a long time.

Thanks!

I'm thinking of taking these on my backpacking trip to Europe as my "dressier" shoes

What do y'all think?

Might be a little bulky for my backpack though
blush.gif

myke

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IBJanky
Thanks!

I'm thinking of taking these on my backpacking trip to Europe as my "dressier" shoes.

good idea due to the rubber sole.

but as i said, europe is not too different regarding footwear.

flanker2000fr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Herbert
is the white stuff salt? ive had that occur to some Kangaroo leather RM Williams boots, it is easily dealt with and usually doesnt last long.

No, it's not salt. This appeared on the very first time I wore them, after just a few minutes. The reason is the nature of the leather: they polish the nubuck with a wax to achieve a glossy finish, but walking with the shoe "breaks" this finish where the creases are, and make them appear like they have collected some white dust.

Walter4

Reaction score
Just got mine the other day, but they were too big. A bit about sizing at least in my case.

I wear a US 12, but in the C&J 337 last, I wear a UK 10.5. Thought the 10.5 Tetbury would work fine for me, but it was just too big. Sent them back and waiting for the size 10. Hopefully that solves the problem.

Otherwise, a very beautiful shoe in person, much more so than in the pics. I didn't think it looked odd or too large in the bigger size, just felt too big. Not really a "rain" shoe for me, but I'm sure it will get caught in the occasional shower. I really need to add some shell into my collection for such shoes - damn this forum is a bad influence.

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not like them at all - in my opinion they are much too pointy and elongated for such a boot.

IBJanky

Reaction score
Finally was able to wear these bad boys today. Very comfortable shoe, at least for me. Very happy with them, I wanna get the black ones now
wink.gif
Leather started to crease now, these should age very nicely
smile.gif
IMG_0660.jpg
myke

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great.

so far, because of my wide feet, I've had some fit troubles with the 360 last.
I'm wondering if I should just go down half a size (not a full one), for the 348 last. The extra length might give me some relief in the toe box. Hrm.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they look great, even the creasing looks great

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnsNotHere
Great boots myke. 13D US... damn. How tall are you?

6'0"

Always had big feet, I'm just glad they stopped growing
wink.gif

myke

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very nice
worship.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads