• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ed,

Very nice trousers

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just received two pairs from Ed - the dark gray herringbone and the birdseye flannel in cashmere. They are really nicely made - as nice or nicer than any top end RTW pants that I own. My dress (office) pants are Borrelli, Incotex sartoriale and Attolini and Ed's "Panta" line is certainly their equal in construction and detailing but at a much lower price. There is a fair bit of handwork and the skirted waist band is very comfortable. The fabric selections are very nice too - Ed's good eye for detail extends to yummy fabrics too.

They fit true to size (no vanity here) and are the slimmest dress trousers I own so if you plan on ordering, and you should, pay careful attention to the measurements that he provides.

Ed lives up to his reputation as a quality seller with good communication and prompt shipping, even to provincial backwaters in Canada. For international buyers, they are marked in a customs/duty-friendly way.

I'm looking forward to his next run and will be buying more.

paisley_red

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
Thanks for the feedback tattersall.

I assume a PM to edmorel is the best way to get our orders in / sort out measurements etc.?

+1. How to order? (if i missed it, can someone please link me to the info page)

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I assume a PM to edmorel is the best way to get our orders in / sort out measurements etc.?

Originally Posted by paisley_red

Yep - PM to edmorel.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tattersall
I've just received two pairs from Ed - the dark gray herringbone and the birdseye flannel in cashmere. They are really nicely made - as nice or nicer than any top end RTW pants that I own. My dress (office) pants are Borrelli, Incotex sartoriale and Attolini and Ed's "Panta" line is certainly their equal in construction and detailing but at a much lower price. There is a fair bit of handwork and the skirted waist band is very comfortable. The fabric selections are very nice too - Ed's good eye for detail extends to yummy fabrics too.

They fit true to size (no vanity here) and are the slimmest dress trousers I own so if you plan on ordering, and you should, pay careful attention to the measurements that he provides.

Ed lives up to his reputation as a quality seller with good communication and prompt shipping, even to provincial backwaters in Canada. For international buyers, they are marked in a customs/duty-friendly way.

I'm looking forward to his next run and will be buying more.

Thanks sir, glad you liked them and thank you for the generous comparisons.

Just a quick note (and not putting words in tattersall's mouth), they are slim pants, but not constricting and I think they seem slimmer than others not so much because they are drastically slimmer but because of how we cut the back rise, the thigh and the whole calf area. I think these are the areas were most pants seem a bit too big and those are the areas I "cleaned up" on these pants.

Originally Posted by paisley_red

You can PM me, I have a few of these in 30-32 (no 34's). I am picking up my second batch this weekend, early next week . Will then have an official sales thread in B&S and they will be priced the same as these. Also hope to have the website up in 2 weeks or so, will have other products at that time but the prices on the pants at that time will be a bit higher (although will have a standing 10% of for SFer's).

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i cant use photobucket now, but here is a real quick draw up of what i like in the fit of a dress pant

the left one is how i like them. taper in from the seat area, in. and then more or less a gradual taper from there. mabitex and rlbl is like this.

the right side are the typical dress pant silhouettes i dont really care for.

sounds like from panta's measurements , they would look like the one on the left.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i cant use photobucket now, but here is a real quick draw up of what i like in the fit of a dress pant

the left one is how i like them. taper in from the seat area, in. and then more or less a gradual taper from there. mabitex and rlbl is like this.

the right side are the typical dress pant silhouettes i dont really care for.

sounds like from panta's measurements , they would look like the one on the left.

do you mind if I use this illustration on the website?

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Just a quick note (and not putting words in tattersall's mouth), they are slim pants, but not constricting and I think they seem slimmer than others not so much because they are drastically slimmer but because of how we cut the back rise, the thigh and the whole calf area. I think these are the areas were most pants seem a bit too big and those are the areas I "cleaned up" on these pants.

This is true, they are slim through the legs but they're neither ass-grabbers nor nut-cuppers - for me the leg opening is the most telling at around 8" which makes for a very neat appearance around the shoe particularly when there is no break (which is how mine are being tailored right now.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
do you mind if I use this illustration on the website?

Aw, come on, that would be a ripoff. At least employ him as graphic designer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads