• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
I found a cheap flight out from LAX ($99rt wtf?). Worth visiting for a weekend?

Yeah, definitely.

Originally Posted by chronoaug
lol. dunno why but this was funny. Wanna go make some posts in the apc thread about our jeans now? My only thing is i need to figure out what i'm gonna do about the crotch getting tender and stitches loose. I'm afraid it may blowout soon but i also don't have any sewing stuff (nor do i know how). I wonder how much it'd cost to get them reinforced. I feel like a newb

I recently had the crotch of my NS reinforced by Simeon's in cambridge when a blowout looked imminent. He did a good job and charged me $15; I can post pix of the repair when I get home if you'd like. I may go to him again as the inseam has a 1.5 cm rip in it.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol. dunno why but this was funny. Wanna go make some posts in the apc thread about our jeans now? My only thing is i need to figure out what i'm gonna do about the crotch getting tender and stitches loose. I'm afraid it may blowout soon but i also don't have any sewing stuff (nor do i know how). I wonder how much it'd cost to get them reinforced. I feel like a newb

Just had to do this to my pair. It's like 10-20 to repair.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you've never been and have the money then definitely. It's cheesy but walking the freedom trail and doing the historical stuff is fun, walk around harvard square area, the newbury street shops and restaurants (plus a nice street to just stroll down), take a touristy "duck tour", do a museum, and other little things. The shopping isn't stellar. The only store that will have stuff you can't get where you are now is Alan Bilzerian which is an amazing store. http://www.alanbilzerian.com/

nice! I have a friend that goes to harvard so I can stay with her if anything. I won't be going during sales time so I can't afford anything from ALAN but the store looks great, will have to check it out. I'll hit you up!

My traveling expenses are almost doubled because I have a girlfriend, le sigh.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched Pulp Fiction/ Jackie Brown for the first time recently. When did Sam Jackson fall off?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
unlikely chubs.

Originally Posted by Teger
I got 31s, hope they aren't too big

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
nice! I have a friend that goes to harvard so I can stay with her if anything. I won't be going during sales time so I can't afford anything from ALAN but the store looks great, will have to check it out. I'll hit you up!

My traveling expenses are almost doubled because I have a girlfriend, le sigh.

Haha. My gf knows i'm not paying for her ****. But yea, for other stores Stel's (SF style) is a forum friend and Drinkwater's in cambridge (more MC stuff but also engineered garments) has been an active forum member and affiliate for a long time. Let me know when. I'll try to grab a bite

Good to hear about the jeans. Yea, i'd like to get the stitching redone on a few areas and then some kind of reinforcement (patch on the inside of the jeans?) for the areas where it looks really tender and ready to blow. Glad it isn't too much

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha. My gf knows i'm not paying for her ****. But yea, for other stores Stel's (SF style) is a forum friend and Drinkwater's in cambridge (more MC stuff but also engineered garments) has been an active forum member and affiliate for a long time. Let me know when. I'll try to grab a bite
I wish I wasn't such a sucker
biggrin.gif
My girlfriend takes less hours at her work study to hang out with me, has full ride to ucla and I pay for all the damn food so she is pretty spoiled. I feel bad that I couldn't take her to seattle/vancouver so Boston it is. Is it cheap/easy to get to NY?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I wish I wasn't such a sucker
biggrin.gif
My girlfriend takes less hours at her work study to hang out with me, has full ride to ucla and I pay for all the damn food so she is pretty spoiled. I feel bad that I couldn't take her to seattle/vancouver so Boston it is. Is it cheap/easy to get to NY?

Oh hell yea. Bolt bus and megabus are like $15-20 1way and have wifi and electrical outlets. Also a lot of greyhounds are switching to that too and are the same price. They all lowered their prices to compete with the chinatown busses. Defintiely recommended. I did boltbus before and it was awesome. Super roomy, doesn't smell like a chinese fish market, and a better overall experience. Takes like 4hours but if you have a laptop and the internet you can dick around on SF while she watches a movie or something

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NICE. Thanks to california's awesome budgeting I have a couple of "furlough" days (mandatory off days) so I think I can do a week over there.

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha I got $1 tickets one way to NYC from Toronto on Megabus... ride is 10 hrs though

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
James let me know when you roll through, would love to grab some food!

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
rick owens peacoat rick owens cashmere sleeveless sweater rick owens unstable tee drkshdw berlin jeans rick owens boots face was purchased from shrek
photo-2374.jpg

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol, thx. just realized that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads