• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Captain Winky
Awesome, thanks. And thanks again to you and your staff for A+ service. Another note, I like that the jeans are a little less rigid than other raws, because they stack much, much nicer from the beginning. Other jeans I've had with a 16in opening don't end up looking nearly as good until there's been substantial softening. I may not even hem (at least initially) because the look pretty dope left long and worn with some ankle boots.

The only, and I mean only thing I'd change is I'd have the front pockets an inch deeper, to accommodate more crap.

A+ service is right. I called SENY about 316 SL 100's back in early Jan. Alan told me to expect them around March, and he would call me when they arrived. Ok, I thought, I'm sure no one is reallllllllly gonna call me.

Sure enough, Alan called me.

Went up yesterday, met Alan (super nice dude and very helpful), chewed the fat with Shimon from 316 for a bit, and left a happy new customer.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Sounds like you got the perfect size, wear them and they'll stretch out within five to ten wears.

Complete and total bullshit!

They felt perfect after the first wear. You left me totally unprepared for them to look and feel this good by the end of day 1. Had I known, I would definitely have stepped up the rest of my appearance today to do the jeans justice.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And a note to prospective buyers, the smallest size you can button up completely on the first try (even if it's uncomfortable) is the right size.

Looking in the mirror, the aesthetic sort of looks like it combines Nom de Guerre with Dior Homme, which I'm totally digging.

aerether

Reaction score
So I got my size 30 SLs today. I think I sized right, but if I made a mistake someone please comment. They are very tight in the waist and snug in the thigh. The first three buttons buttoned easily, and the top one was a bit of a struggle, but I got it done on the first try (didn't have to wear the jeans around first).

Did you go true to size? I seem to remember the general consensus on earlier runs was go down one, except kiya said that those ran a size large so I'm now convinced the "adjusted" consensus is now "TTS." I'm just wondering because I, like many other vain SFers, am convinced that I have tree trunks for legs (I *am* Asian though so...)

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aerether
Did you go true to size? I seem to remember the general consensus on earlier runs was go down one, except kiya said that those ran a size large so I'm now convinced the "adjusted" consensus is now "TTS." I'm just wondering because I, like many other vain SFers, am convinced that I have tree trunks for legs (I *am* Asian though so...)

As long as you're buying the SL, they should be able to accommodate your legs. I had trouble with the previous run of ST, so had to go with the bigger fit. However, I no longer really know what TTS means, and can really only compare to other jeans I own (I am a true 33-34, but never, ever buy bigger than a 32, and even that's pretty rare).

I measured last night and am 33 at the hip, where I wear the jeans. The 30s I got were very hard to close the top button on the first time, but began loosening within minutes. The first time I wore them for the whole day, they felt great by the end of the day, and sat very comfortably.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ST = slim tapered
SL = straight leg

If you go back a ways in this thread, you'll see I asked the same question and probably for the same reason (i.e. thought SL was short for "slim").

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
ST = slim tapered
SL = straight leg

If you go back a ways in this thread, you'll see I asked the same question and probably for the same reason (i.e. thought SL was short for "slim").

I understand the confusion, much like a night of tequila, it could go both ways...

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
ST = slim tapered
SL = straight leg

that's what i thought too. I knew it stood for something, just couldn't figure it out and it was killing me.

Najee D.

Reaction score
DSC_0855.jpg
Both the SL-100x and SL-200x arrived in the store yesterday and my buddy came through to pick up his pair. He's a 30W and decided to go TTS and he says they were a great fit for him (a tad tight but that's expected). I had him try on the SL-200x and he said those were a bit more snug than the indigo. DAMN good jeans though (and I say this with great emphasis).

Vaitek

Reaction score
Received my pair of SL-100x's today. I have them on right now. My thighs are generally bigger because of running, but I'm short. I will definitely need to roll them or hem them. I'm going to hold off on that decision until I wear these bad boys for a while.

I still sized down one inch on the waist and probably could have sized down another inch easily. The thighs would have been pretty tight at that point. In my opinion, out of the box they feel awesome, but I'm sort of afraid that they will stretch in the thigh area and be too big, but will try and keep you updated on the fit.

After the first wash I'd imagine they'd shrink some and put my worries to rest. The overall quality of these jeans are great and would recommend them.

obnavox3

Reaction score
The SL-100X's don't stretch like APCs or anything. I've had mine since October and the thigh isn't that different.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
If I order a pair of the SL300 grey jeans from the 3sixteen site right now, which run are they going to be from? Also, does the size/stretching mirror that of the SL100 from the most recent run (that I got from Self Edge last week)?

ajchen

Reaction score
If I order a pair of the SL300 grey jeans from the 3sixteen site right now, which run are they going to be from? Also, does the size/stretching mirror that of the SL100 from the most recent run (that I got from Self Edge last week)?

Good question. I believe that most of our current stock in SL-300 is from the newest run, but to be sure just enter a note when submitting your order that you'd like a pair from this run and we'll make sure to accommodate you. Sizing and stretching should be quite close to your SL-100x, so stick with the size you purchased last week.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have fit pix of the grey? Saw these in store this week and they looked so dope.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads