• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Albern
Is this better?

251.jpg

240.jpg

Who on earth is that tailor - presumably no left in-breast pocket by the looks?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
So we have a frame of reference could you show us a couple of pics of asses you regard as lively?

allison_stokke-350.jpg

- B

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Wait, there are people around here who use their back pockets?

Matt

You raise an interesting question. You don't I assume? That seems slightly odd as the Ambrosi trousers you so eloquently described in your original blog had two. A fine pair (plural actually I think)) of trousers I might add which you presumably choose two back pockets as well as the TWO fob/watch style pockets.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
Matt

You raise an interesting question. You don't I assume? That seems slightly odd as the Ambrosi trousers you s eloquently described in your original blog had two. A fine pair (plural actually I think)) of trousers I might add which you presumably choose two back pockets as well as the TWO fob/watch style pockets.

lurker[1].gif

- B

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
OK, I thought so

the vanity sizing is the issue - why have pants with the wrong taper so that everybody needs to size up?

I had the same trouble with Howard Yount pants - just too slim in standard sizes

here are what I would consider tapered dimensions for a size 34 pant that would be good for almost anybody:

size: 34
waist-34
rise-10
thigh under front pocket-14
knee-10
leg opening-8.25

Everyone will not need to size up, the fit will work for some, not work for others. That is the issue with RTW, there is no "normal" fit that would make everyone happy
smile.gif
. One of my goals with the pants was not to have that excess fabric behind the thigh and calf that you see flapping about in some RTW pants. The measurements you posted would be a bit bigger than what I would like if I were buying size 34 pants.

Bartolo

Reaction score
Ed, people would like the one pocket idea much better if you trademarked it: The Panta™ One Pocket™

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Everyone will not need to size up, the fit will work for some, not work for others. That is the issue with RTW, there is no "normal" fit that would make everyone happy
smile.gif
. One of my goals with the pants was not to have that excess fabric behind the thigh and calf that you see flapping about in some RTW pants. The measurements you posted would be a bit bigger than what I would like if I were buying size 34 pants.

Are the pant legs shaped like actual legs or cylinders? These was an issue for Foo.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smile.gif

I agree, I also hate the floppiness of RTW pants and always have mine slimmed

it's only really the knee that seems to be a bit off, Ed

I just measured the slim fitting RL made in Italy flannel pants and they're 10" at the knee and 7.8 at the cuff opening

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
he said couple

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

oaw01

Reaction score
How can I get a pair - post it on the front page. I want the cashmere one.

slappy

Reaction score
Yea Ill buy a pair also, if the knowledge of how to buy them gets put forward

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smile.gif

Ed - keep doing what you're doing.

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
allison_stokke-350.jpg

- B

Vox - keep doing what you're doing.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is a study in SF patterns. Vox starts a thread about Edmorel in order to preemptively submarine a future Ed thread, ensuring this thread was about Vox from the beginning. After an impressive start there was a successful derailing of the thread based entirely on ass. It's never surprising when an Ed thread is derailed by ass, but the fact that it was Vox-ass was truly special.

This thread should be pinned as it truly has been exemplary thus far. I hope someone options it into a movie script.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UnFacconable
This thread is a study in SF patterns. Vox starts a thread about Edmorel in order to preemptively submarine a future Ed thread, ensuring this thread was about Vox from the beginning. After an impressive start there was a successful derailing of the thread based entirely on ass. It's never surprising when an Ed thread is derailed by ass, but the fact that it was Vox-ass was truly special.

This thread should be pinned as it truly has been exemplary thus far. I hope someone options it into a movie script.

escher-mc-drawing-hands-7400022.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics