• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line

Doxe

Reaction score
I asked my tailor for no rear pockets on my suit pants and was told that having pockets somehow adds to the strength and construction of the pants.

Still, I prefer the streamlined look of no rear pockets.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Wait, there are people around here who use their back pockets?
When you are in the bathroom what do you do with your blackberry? Don't tell me you hold it or put it in your side pockets like a philistine.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Ed, will you please call the fuller cut line "The Douglas."

laugh.gif

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

Sorry for the fit pic, but it was rather windy this morning:

818446049_wUXCv-L.jpg

- B

Vox, did you size up?

Ed gave me thse dimensions for a size 34 and I would definitely need to size up to a 36 since I have 'normal' size legs

waist-34
rise-10.5
back rise-15.5
thigh-13.5
knee-9
leg opening-8

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
When you are in the bathroom what do you do with your blackberry? Don't tell me you hold it or put it in your side pockets like a philistine.

I hope that they never discover his secret, which is that he only poops in Napoli.

In between trips, it's all about holding it in.

- B

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
Vox, did you size up?

Yes, and then had things altered down with the seat and waist taken in. I wasn't exactly sure about the cut, and as Ed noted earlier, he's not vanity sizing these pants.

- B

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK I feel so awkward looking at Vox's seat but something about it looks...lifeless. I'm sorry but your ass is lifeless. I don't know if it is because of the pants or your own doing.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm sold on these...will need to try the light grey. BTW, 3 pockets seems perfect for me. Where do you guys keep keys/wallet/phone when you don't have the jacket?

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, and then had things altered down with the seat and waist taken in. I wasn't exactly sure about the cut, and as Ed noted earlier, he's not vanity sizing these pants.

- B

OK, I thought so

the vanity sizing is the issue - why have pants with the wrong taper so that everybody needs to size up?

I had the same trouble with Howard Yount pants - just too slim in standard sizes

here are what I would consider tapered dimensions for a size 34 pant that would be good for almost anybody:

size: 34
waist-34
rise-10
thigh under front pocket-14
knee-10
leg opening-8.25

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
OK I feel so awkward looking at Vox's seat but something about it looks...lifeless. I'm sorry but your ass is lifeless. I don't know if it is because of the pants or your own doing.

So we have a frame of reference could you show us a couple of pics of asses you regard as lively?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
What exactly do you carry around in the course of a normal day? If I remember correctly, you are also quite concerned about having enough jacket pocket space. So, if you have four interior jacket pockets, two usable exterior jacket pockets and two front pant pockets, what is it that you are unable to carry? Curious minds, and all.

Quite simple if I am not wearing a jacket - these trousers are not part of a suit.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
OK, I thought so

the vanity sizing is the issue - why have pants with the wrong taper so that everybody needs to size up?

I had the same trouble with Howard Yount pants - just too slim in standard sizes

here are what I would consider tapered dimensions for a size 34 pant that would be good for almost anybody:

size: 34
waist-34
rise-10
thigh under front pocket-14
knee-10
leg opening-8.25

+1

My thighs measure 24", which I don't consider especially large, and most slim fit trousers fit me like paint. My fat ass is an even bigger problem, and again, it's not all particularly big.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the single back pocket was a reasonable compromise between these points of view.

How about this? No back pockets, but cargo pockets on the thighs?

Watcha think?

- B

Notalot

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads