• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJE
willywonkapants.jpg

How about this, from last year's Duchamp range (no longer available):

duchampjacket.jpg

http://picasaweb.google.com/RJEbuyse...86507583957826

Coat Ok.
Shirt and Tie vertiginous

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I've never noticed an issue.
Your nimbleness is duly noted.

Why worry? I think jetted pockets on suits are quite nice.

- B

A nice sleek look, but Office Chairsâ„¢ are occasionally very hell on them ...
97.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score

[click for supersize]

Steed (E. DeBoise) bespoke DB suit in Lesser 11oz worsted Lumb's Golden Bale flannel. For those of you who care, this is the model with the front cut.

- B

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Steed (E. DeBoise) bespoke DB suit in Lesser 11oz worsted Lumb's Golden Bale flannel.
- B

I just took delivery on a SB in that cloth. And because the weather's gone warm I'm reluctant to put wear on it. Probably let it break in on the hanger and see how it does next fall.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia
I just took delivery on a SB in that cloth. And because the weather's gone warm I'm reluctant to put wear on it. Probably let it break in on the hanger and see how it does next fall.

The rumor is that it's running out.

I'm thinking of doing two more GB flannels, one a solid charcoal, the other a black with gray windowpane.

- B

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The rumor is that it's running out.

I'm thinking of doing two more GB flannels, one a solid charcoal, the other a black with gray windowpane.

- B

The compulsive in me says it would be a shame not to have something made of a fabric that is running out. On the other hand, it's possible that the GB will be too tight a weave for me, and in any case there are other books with very nice colors also. If nothing else, A&S have a nice book of house flannels, many of which come from Fox.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia
The compulsive in me says it would be a shame not to have something made of a fabric that is running out. On the other hand, it's possible that the GB will be too tight a weave for me, and in any case there are other books with very nice colors also. If nothing else, A&S have a nice book of house flannels, many of which come from Fox.

I have spoken to David Lesser regarding the Golden bale left...

The stock is getting smaller and smaller.

I fortunately got some for a single breasted 2 piece suit and I have tried again to buy some for my future projects...

As I met the man himself at my tailor and he did remember me he refused to sell to me directly due a gentleman's agreement with the tailoring house in question..

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vox - killer color on that suit. I just received some swatch books from Fox and verified that the 11oz worsted navy from the previous sample is the one to go with. Hopefully it'll look half as nice as the Golden Bale! I plan on doing it in a 3-piece with a DB waistcoat.

You should check out Fox's book of house flannels if you haven't already. They have possibly the best dark gray and navy chalk stripes I've seen - subtle yet flashy. Would make for fantastic 30's gangster style DB suits. Myabe one of these days I'll be able to pull that off.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Vox - killer color on that suit. I just received some swatch books from Fox and verified that the 11oz worsted navy from the previous sample is the one to go with. Hopefully it'll look half as nice as the Golden Bale! I plan on doing it in a 3-piece with a DB waistcoat.

You should check out Fox's book of house flannels if you haven't already. They have possibly the best dark gray and navy chalk stripes I've seen - subtle yet flashy. Would make for fantastic 30's gangster style DB suits. Myabe one of these days I'll be able to pull that off.

There is a stunning Fox woollen flannel in solid dark grey ...

I will give you the reference to double-check if we talk about the same one..

The Golden bale is just fantastic ...I have tried to order the same than Vox but the stock has all but gone...

i did order the slightly darker one...

Was it the 29268 or something like that?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
There is a stunning Fox woollen flannel in solid dark grey ...

I will give you the reference to double-check if we talk about the same one..

Is it CBT5/A1285/22 370-400 grams? If so, I agree. Awesome stuff for a dark gray woollen.

The navy worsted I'm referring to is FS625/A1290/55. Not sure why I didn't buy it months ago when I purchased the glen plaid in the back of the book.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Slewfoot;3065237 said:
Is it CBT5/A1285/22 370-400 grams? If so, I agree. Awesome stuff for a dark gray woollen.

The navy worsted I'm referring to is FS625/A1290/55. Not sure why I didn't buy it months ago when I purchased the glen plaid in the back of the book.[/QUOT

I have received the CBT5/A1285/33 charcoal and it is beautiful too..

In navy the CBT5/A1285/54 is also great.

The Lesser 30656 dark grey/woolen flannel 13 oz is also interesting.Worsted 30610 and 30652 are good too in navy.

John Hardy:0302 in charcoal

In Smiths:Superb 2567 14oz charcoal.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score

[click for blurry large version if you wish]

Steed (E. DeBoise) bespoke suit in Lesser 11oz worsted Lumb's Golden Bale flannel (for those of you who care, this is the model with the front cut)

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
That suit looks nice, Bill.

Thanks. It went back to Edwin for some additional changes.

This number was done up as a three piece. It looks pretty good that way as well. I didn't feel like wearing the vest today.

The next SB that on which he's working will have slightly more curve down to the hem from the lapels. Edwin is bringing over it over in three weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing what he's done.

Originally Posted by edmorel
yeah and with all this recent talk of Lumbs being simply run of the mill S120's cloth, I think this pic and the DB pic show that the cloth is finished quite unlike most. Very beautiful.

Yeah, it's swell cloth. If you are prone to overheating easily, though, it might wear warm. I've found it comfy so far.

[pic clickable for giant version if you wish]

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads