• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
They will probably make fun of me for bringing like ten pairs of shoes. And out-of-print books written by Daniel Patrick Moynihan.

I think your volumes of music for torch songs and knowledge of gowns will impress them though.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yet again I am stuffing my face with Lay's.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Asus laptop hardware is not designed well. I've been trying to replace the keyboard for 3 days and it is ******* impossible. This is an old notebook (got it right when the w3j came out, 2005?) but I don't have the money for a new one yet.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's nearly 10:30, and I'm still at work. I'll probably be here for AT LEAST half an hour more. 15 hour days FTW!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I forgot to submit my credit card payment a couple of days ago. So dumb.
baldy[1].gif

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems at the moment as soon as I get something fixed something else breaks. Last week the upstairs lighting all broke, got that repaired, then the shower died.

I sit around all morning waiting for the plumber to install a new shower (at great cost) when he is clearly late I call his boss "oh, I'm sorry I thought we had a agreed friday". Agreed friday ******.

So I go into my bedroom to get dressed and get on with the stuff I should have been doing, I draw the curtains. One side of the curtain rail falls down spraying plaster and leaving a nice big hole.

I go to my laptop to look up mounting a rawlplug in pollyfilla so maybe I don't have to start from scratch. My laptop dies.

I nearly lost my temper, I was on my feet laptop in hand about to throw it across the room. I don't normally do things like that but goddamn, it's just one thing after another.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
They will probably make fun of me for bringing like ten pairs of shoes. And out-of-print books written by Daniel Patrick Moynihan.

You should know that Jaleo serves a tapa that consists of a sausage on a pile of white beans called "the Daniel Patrick Moynihan"--I've yet to meet a server who could explain that one, but it's delicious and about as close as you'll get to... nevermind.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tenant's rent check bounced earlier this month. After a string of excuses he was supposed to deposit cash into my bank yesterday. He deposited another check after being told (and agreeing) that personal checks would not be accepted for payment. Called his bank this morning and was told that the account does not have funds to cover the new check. Now I have to waste my weekend compiling everything for my lawyer next week.
censored.gif

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
You should know that Jaleo serves a tapa that consists of a sausage on a pile of white beans called "the Daniel Patrick Moynihan"--I've yet to meet a server who could explain that one, but it's delicious and about as close as you'll get to... nevermind.

I'm not sure why that's named after Moynihan either, but it is a traditional tapa. And one of my favorites! Maybe he liked it a lot.

b

JesterM

Reaction score
Wireless router just died, no more posting on the crapper.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesterM
Wireless router just died, no more posting on the crapper.

im sorry for your loss.. I guess your morning sit ins will never be the same again...

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ordered a new briefcase in early Feb. Was supposed to take 4-6 weeks to make. It's now been 6 1/2 weeks, so I called today to check. Now looks like it will take another couple of weeks or so. Not a big deal. Don't need it by a certain date or anything. A really small thing in the context of life, death and the impending baseball season. It's just that I'm excited to get it and am an impatient bastard. My impatience is what's pissing me off.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just found out a childhood friend of mine died. I hadn't seen him in 10 years, but we were very close friends for a couple of years in elementary and middle school. At a real loss right now, even if I hadn't seen him in a decade.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just made the same amount of money in a two days that I used to make in two weeks. I've already spent half of it on new lab equipment. The new gear is necessary, and I do love my gear, but I wish I could just pad my bank account instead. At the same time, I feel that internal tension building whenever set my eyes on something that I want to buy. A new home server would definitely simplify some things for me, but when I do build it (and i've already speced it), it's gonna be expensive, and deep down I know that I can manage without it until i have a steady source of income again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads