• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to be sure, there is no opportunity to try these on in the NYC area, other than ordering them and returning them if they don't fit?

Pretty big hurdle for me. Packaging something, and going to the post office... ugh.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
would love to see a lower rise pants like inco/mabi.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Good job, Ed.

I don't really need any more pants, but I just might get a pair anyway.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Don't be ungrateful. I'm the one who convinced Ed to put at least one back pocket there so that the Average SF Joe (ASFJâ„¢) would have some place to store his partially consumed Egg McMuffinÂ
00ae.png
while typing.

- B

Not an issue of being ungrateful, merely one of practicality. These are impractical.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie
Just to be sure, there is no opportunity to try these on in the NYC area, other than ordering them and returning them if they don't fit?

Pretty big hurdle for me. Packaging something, and going to the post office... ugh.

Well if you want a storefront where you can have a fitting room and can return at the register, then pants will cost you more than twice as much.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
Not an issue of being ungrateful, merely one of practicality. These are impractical.
What exactly do you carry around in the course of a normal day? If I remember correctly, you are also quite concerned about having enough jacket pocket space. So, if you have four interior jacket pockets, two usable exterior jacket pockets and two front pant pockets, what is it that you are unable to carry? Curious minds, and all.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR

Originally Posted by iammatt
What exactly do you carry around in the course of a normal day? If I remember correctly, you are also quite concerned about having enough jacket pocket space. So, if you have four interior jacket pockets, two usable exterior jacket pockets and two front pant pockets, what is it that you are unable to carry? Curious minds, and all.

I thought the single back pocket was a reasonable compromise between these points of view.

How about this? No back pockets, but cargo pockets on the thighs?

Watcha think?

- B

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wait, there are people around here who use their back pockets?

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice job Ed. Can't wait to see the official thread for these. And I can't believe no one's said that iGents can finally get in Ed's pants.

No backpockets for me, either. It's a weird feeling these days when I wear one of my RTW pants with backpockets.

--Andre

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Wait, there are people around here who use their back pockets?

Certainly there are some. However, many who don't use back pocket still want to have back pocket since without the back pocket the pants might look woman-ish to some non-SFers.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie

I understand your concern but I don't really have the time to meet with people in NYC nor an appropriate venue for the pants to be tried on.

Originally Posted by justsayno
would love to see a lower rise pants like inco/mabi.

I can't really do a smaller rise as these are dress pants. The 30 has a 9 7/8 rise, the 32- 10.25, the 34- 10.50, if you go much lower, people will be able to tell what religion you are.

Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Good job, Ed.

I don't really need any more pants, but I just might get a pair anyway.

Thanks, you sort of started this whole selling your own trend here on the MC forum.

Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
lol

+1

Originally Posted by GBR

I understand your view but part of my point is not to appeal to everyone, I don't want to be all things to all people. I like the one pocket, as that is all I use and I like the way the back looks. I realize that this will cause some people to dislike them. If I ask you where I can find two back pocket pants, you wouldn't even need to think about it. If I asked where can I find pants with one back pocket, you would have a tougher time. It's a design detail and like any detail, some will like it and others won't.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I understand your view but part of my point is not to appeal to everyone, I don't want to be all things to all people. I like the one pocket, as that is all I use and I like the way the back looks. I realize that this will cause some people to dislike them. If I ask you where I can find two back pocket pants, you wouldn't even need to think about it. If I asked where can I find pants with one back pocket, you would have a tougher time. It's a design detail and like any detail, some will like it and others won't.

So, I guess that you're nixing my cargo pockets idea.

- B

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
two usable exterior jacket pockets

For hands, WAYWRN pics.

and two front pant pockets

For hands, the rest of the time.

Curious minds, and all.

I usually carry a hankerchief in my rear pocket(s).

Originally Posted by edmorel

Approved.

flatfront

Reaction score
These look wonderful but if you think you have things bad in the US for RTW trousers you should count yourself lucky you don't live here in the UK.
The market for trousers as a stand alone item of the wardrobe in anything other than about three colours seems to be the norm these days. Any wish for a trouser in any slightly different cloth or cut needs MTM. A real shame as I remember shopping with my dad years ago as a child and there being rows of trousers in all good shops arranged by weight/cloth and colour.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads