• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two pair of the unlined chukka's and I'll probably get the third at some point
laugh.gif

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by winston
^ Why did you have to wait so long? They seem to be readily available.

I had to wait because I wear a size 6E, which almost no one stocks. D widths are common, but not the E width. I did not mind waiting, since they gave a discount and free shipping. I love them and will eventually get the snuff color also. They are the most comfortable shoes with our without socks. Living in the south I can wear them all year round and not be cold with them unlined.

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
I can't remember...do the unlined chukkas have a heel counter?

Great looking boots, i need to pick a pair up sometime.

no heel counter.

it's pretty soft back there. That's one of the reasons I've held off from picking up a pair

edmond_evo6

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience on wearing double leather soles shoes?

How much of their life for the normal wear?around 2-3 times per week.Thank.

TasselsHongKong

Reaction score
I had a pair of 924 Norwegian Front (one of the most versatile shoes I've ever owned suitable for both formal and casual occasions) that I really beat up by wearing them at least 3-4 times a week and it took me almost 4 years to really wear them out (i.e. I nearly went thru both leather soles). I didn't bother to repair them and just got myself another pair in Cigar Cordovan which I now look after.

In my opinion, the reason for choosing a pair of double leather sole over a single leather sole shoe is the look. Double soles tend to look much more casual and are less suitable for formal occasions.

John

batorizer

Reaction score
Any info on The Vintage or The Ultimate Jumper from the LeatherSoul preorder?

Turntabloid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by batorizer

what kind of info?
i just got mine - see above.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming they are the same as the Cordovan Jumpers but in different leathers.

Do a search on the blog and you should be able to see them. Truebalance last, ankle boot, brogued seam captoe, rear heel pull tab.

Nice. I'm thinking about it.

velomane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by batorizer

Anyone have any pics of the previous run of LS Jumpers? I'm torn between these or the NST in the new preorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads