• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Frette linens "Made in India"...wtf?

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simon Templar
I'd never buy anything made in "India". I feel about the same as made in "China". I try and purchase European/Japanese because quality and styling is far superior.
arent you an australian? buying european things won't change that, sorry. i'd rather be a bantu in madagascar than an aussie. more dignified. cant blame you for trying to distance yourself from your heritage though. you are to be pitied, i think, rather than censured

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheessus
while this thread is jokes, im actually interested in getting an answer to the OP's question too since id be purchasing online.

Do not buy Frette unless you can splurge for their top of the line linens. Their entry level "always on sale" products are horrible in quality. I bought them once at the outlet store and I could say that they were the lowest quality sheets I have ever seen. Just shame.

Simon Templar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oman
arent you an australian? buying european things won't change that, sorry. i'd rather be a bantu in madagascar than an aussie. more dignified.

cant blame you for trying to distance yourself from your heritage though. you are to be pitied, i think, rather than censured

Getting a bit touchy there Oman.

So are you saying there are no Australians that are European born or with European heritage? Or dual citizenship? Your idiotic comment shows an obvious lack of thought.

I also think it's a great pity that India and to a lesser extent China sell such crappy, low quality goods. Will never conciously support these countries economically when there is fine quality coming from Europe/Japan.

We also need a drastic cut in our immigration numbers to avoid people like you from stuffing up our countries.

Simon Templar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pezzaturra
Do not buy Frette unless you can splurge for their top of the line linens. Their entry level "always on sale" products are horrible in quality. I bought them once at the outlet store and I could say that they were the lowest quality sheets I have ever seen. Just shame.

Someone else that agrees "Made in India" goods are rubbish. Thanks for you honest review.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting a bit touchy there Oman.

So are you saying there are no Australians that are European born or with European heritage? Or dual citizenship? Your idiotic comment shows an obvious lack of thought.

I also think it's a great pity that India and to a lesser extent China sell such crappy, low quality goods. Will never conciously support these countries economically when there is fine quality coming from Europe/Japan.

We also need a drastic cut in our immigration numbers to avoid people like you from stuffing up our countries.

facepalm.gif
Good thing you don't speak for all Aussies. You make some very idiotic assumptions, the most blatant of which is that all of Europe make superior goods while in the continent of Asia only the Japanese. Let me guess, you speak another language, and it's a European one too eh?
facepalm.gif

Simon Templar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
facepalm.gif
Good thing you don't speak for all Aussies. You make some very idiotic assumptions, the most blatant of which is that all of Europe make superior goods while in the continent of Asia only the Japanese. Let me guess, you speak another language, and it's a European one too eh?
facepalm.gif

Try putting together a coherent argument before you post...while you're at it, go on buying your cheap rubbish and feeling good about supporting the third world.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try putting together a coherent argument before you post...while you're at it, go on buying your cheap rubbish and feeling good about supporting the third world.

laugh.gif
Yes, I shall quietly enjoy my 3rd world ipod, iphone, and Nike gears.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will never conciously support these countries economically when there is fine quality coming from Europe/Japan.

The way things are going in your supposedly superior part of the world it seems that you need Indian and Chinese support economically much more rather than the other way around.

That is not to say that the Frette Made in India line is not crappy.But India, the Indian company which made it or the Indian people in general cannot be blamed for that. Frette wanted a cheap product and it got it made from a supplier in India. I think you should be blaming Frette for pedaling a poor product.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd never buy anything made in "India". I feel about the same as made in "China".

I try and purchase European/Japanese because quality and styling is far superior.

I would be surprised if you didn't own anything made in China.

Simon Templar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IndianBoyz
Says all..

Indian - most base, corrupt, racist, discriminatory culture in the world.

Have a good look at your ugly culture first.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Do you have any personal experience with Indians ? Please give some example of how you have come to this conclusion.

Simon Templar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ Do you have any personal experience with Indians ? Please give some example of how you have come to this conclusion.

Facts are facts:

On Indian racism - huge number of articles on this issue, here is a simplified one on regional/caste discrimination written by an Indian-

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0090707gb.html

On corruption - Here is the Bribe Payers Index, out of 30 countries (1 being best and 30 worst), Australia is 3rd and India, last in 30th spot.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bribe_Payers_Index

Corruption Perception Index (1 being least corrupt) - Australia is 8th and India is 84th.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Index_o..._of_corruption

Hostility and violence against Christians - again numerous articles available here is one:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4727215.ece

From personal experience i have found (most) Indians to be arrogant, materialistic, insular (meaning they never mix with other non-Indians of their own kind). They also have a bad work ethic, are incompetent in managerial positions and once entrenched in a company they fill it with other Indians and then start discriminating against other groups.

I have met some genuinely nice ones (mainly from South Africa, Mauritius and Fiji), but they are few and far between.

These are my personal impressions, and i will no longer continue on this topic except to say, "western" countries will need to cut down on migration to hold on to their culture, traditions and self identity. Third world migration has no proven economic benefits except tearing apart the social fabric of countries and an increase in crime. And yes there are many people like me, who have had enough of these political/social engineering policies driven by elites....

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"western" countries will need to cut down on migration to hold on to their culture, traditions and self identity. Third world migration has no proven economic benefits except tearing apart the social fabric of countries and an increase in crime. And yes there are many people like me, who have had enough of these political/social engineering policies driven by elites....
In your opinion what percentage of Australians would be holding the same view ? And do you feel the same way about all migrants to Australia or only Indians ?

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hahaha, ridiculous. i didnt realize this thread would come to this yes, india is corrupt as hell, and the society is extremely splintered along racial, ethnic and economic lines, but listen to me, because i am only going to say this once: this is a natural consequence of the large number of people squeezed into such a small landmass. india is only the world's seventh-largest nation, but has a billion people. "indian" is not a monolithic identity, but a vast and sprawling conglomeration of hundreds upon hundreds of distinct ethnolinguistic communities all living in a poverty-oriented resource context. naturally, there are going to be frictions. the surprise is that they aren't much, much greater than they are in contradistinction, australia is the world's sixth-largest country - larger than india - and has a population of twenty paltry million. and you STILL can't keep your rowdy country in order, as everyone well knows "genuinely nice" indians - whom you generally cite as expats - are "few and far between"? son, the size of the indian diaspora is larger the size of the ENTIRE POPULATION of australia. i'd like to see how many of them would remain genuinely nice to you if they knew what a filthy racist you are. gtfo as i say, i didn't realize this thread would come to this. and you have the stones to call indians base? good christ, man. i hope you realize you're only reinforcing the terrible reputation your people already have on the world stage man, it astounds me that you can just dismiss more than a sixth of humanity except for a couple of dudes, "mainly from South Africa, Mauritius and Fiji". make that more than a third of humanity, since you made derogatory statements against the chinese as well anyway i am done with this conversation. sorry to see my initial impressions of you from the "australia vs canada" thread were so terribly accurate. i dont know why, but i seem to be able to sniff out a racist from miles away these days

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads