• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mikesduc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Thanks for picking up the shirts! For me, I'd probably just wear these in Spring and Fall. The suede is light enough, but it is a higher boot with a full leather lining. For a July & August shoe, I'd definitely prefer the bucks or saddles.

That said, I do know guys who wear denim and boots all Summer long - even in the NYC summer heat. It all depends on what you're comfortable in. I can say that these are really handsome in person, and that medium brown suede plays off really well against the red sole.

I'm pretty much a boot and pant guy all year round. I've got the skinniest calves and ankles on the planet and I'm vain so what are you gonna do, plus I just like the support boots give. I was really more unsure about stylewise if the dark brown was too much for summer with chinos and denim. My summer rotation at this point is pretty much Indy's and Whiskey shell chukkas. Trying to decide on one more pair. I hate to eat you up on shipping but I might order a pair of the McNairy boots and bucs and decide.

On another note, do you have a firm date for the chino's yet?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Bad news from Sperry. Even though I ordered these shoes months ago, they seem to have no stock to ship me. Guess that Zappos & J.Crew got my pairs.

We've dropped Sperry from our mix altogether, so we won't get any of their product. Sorry guys! If you're thinking of getting the red brick boat shoes, then definitely pick them up from Zappos ASAP - I think that they're nearly sold through.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man **** sperry! they're not getting my scrilla after shafting one of my homeboys.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
man **** sperry! they're not getting my scrilla after shafting one of my homeboys.

Nah, it's no hard feelings. They're a huge corporation and are very focused on moving tons of units. I used to buy their stuff in my first buyer position at Lord & Taylor. They're just not easy to work with as a small account.

We carry the Seavees line (which is owned by Sperry) but it's more boutique focused. Better made too. That's working well for us.

I can vouch for the suede red brick boat shoes - they're really nice in person. They're probably the best thing that Sperry has made in years.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike - thanks for all the PMs, really appreciated.

Figured I'd ask here in case others were also wondering (I didn't see the answer so forgive me if it was already asked), but is the gingham twill shirt a one time production or will you be restocking that in the near future. Was curious. Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Mike - thanks for all the PMs, really appreciated.

Figured I'd ask here in case others were also wondering (I didn't see the answer so forgive me if it was already asked), but is the gingham twill shirt a one time production or will you be restocking that in the near future. Was curious. Thanks!

Sho thing. And I'm pretty sure that we'll remake the Multi-Gingham again. It was too killer not too.

And just got word back from our shirt workshop - all of the SF collab shirts have finished cutting. We're looking at delivery in about 2 weeks.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
And just got word back from our shirt workshop - all of the SF collab shirts have finished cutting. We're looking at delivery in about 2 weeks.
Nice! I've been eagerly anticipating news on this... any chance at any sneak peek photos?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a TON of product to put online in the next week. Here's the first bit - five awesome shirts from Gitman Vintage. Our stock in Smalls is pretty tight, but we do have at least one in each style right now.
Gitman%20Aqua%20Madras%20Full%20Lo.jpg
Blue Madras Long Sleeve, Buttondown Collar: $165
Gitman%20Purple%20Madras%20Lo.jpg
Grape Madras Long Sleeve, Point Collar: $165
Gitman%20Seersucker%20Stripe%20Lo.jpg
Striped Seersucker Long Sleeve, Buttondown Collar: $165
Gitman%20Gingham%20Seersucker%20Lo.jpg
Navy Gingham Short Sleeve, Buttondown Collar: $155
Gitman%20Indigo%20Madras%20Lo.jpg
Indigo Madras Short Sleeve, Buttondown Collar: $155

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, you have PM.

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I caved and just bought the Cafe Racer jacket...thanks Mike.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PartagasIV
I caved and just bought the Cafe Racer jacket...thanks Mike.

Thanks Jamie - you're gonna love it!

And guys, just got the EP's Chambray shirt sample. Japanese Red (of course). It's off the chain. Pics to come later today.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^will there be a difference in fit between Epaulet shirts and EP's?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
^will there be a difference in fit between Epaulet shirts and EP's?
Okay, here are the pics! EP's shirts and Epaulet shirts will have almost the same fit. There's a few differences: 1. EP's are made in LA, Epaulet's made in NYC 2. EP's is a denim line, so you can expect more rugged & casual fabrics. 3. The EP's fit does not have rear darts. This makes the torso a tiny bit less fitted, but we made some adjustments to compensate, so the fit is still very sharp. It's just that darts look out of place with the EP's fabrics. If you take a Medium in Epaulet, then you'll also be a Medium in EP's. 4. Pricing should be more or less the same - around the $110 to $130 range. 5. EP's is pre-washed (but not distressed or artificially worn in) to remove all shrinkage. And onto the pics! This is our very first EP's shirt - a chambray utility shirt with two chest pockets. We used a Red Japanese Chambray which is beautiful. The color depth is wonderful, and it's really soft. Some of the nicest Chambray that I've ever felt. We'll also release it in a dark Indigo color. Like the jeans and our upcoming chinos, this has hickory striped details on the inside collar and inside cuff. That keeps the branding consistent. The buttons are a handsome pearlized plastic - which very much looks like the real thing. As much as I love real MOP buttons, I feel that these are best, as they're really tough. This shirt will gain a lot of character with wear, and the plastic buttons are basically unbreakable.
4462580171_785cacabd3.jpg
See Larger
4463357498_c654593136.jpg
See Larger
4463357794_f9cfa460dc.jpg
See Larger

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads