• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful pants. Love the cashmere!

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
I wonder where Ed goes from here? Humble beginnings selling these pants out of the trunk of his car, door to door, on B&S and then voila, he changes his name to Edwino Laureno, launches a flagship store on Madison ave and jacks up his prices by 1000%.

You watch.

a buddy of mine always had his frat bros. visiting - good guys, to the man. one of them was always yakking about the his hunt to find great khakis. one day he showed up and said 'check it out'. he'd had a batch of ties tie-dyed. get it? tie-dyed ties! i was more impressed when he opened his trunk one day to show off some pants he'd found (had made?) - not panta level to be sure, but pretty sweet khakis compared to what was generally available at the time. we all said 'what are you gonna do, billy? go into the khaki business?'
laugh.gif

http://www.billskhakis.com/

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats Ed!

I'm not baller status enough for even these cheaper high end pant[a]s yet as I will get blood or some other bodily fluid on them in short order but one day I might have to get a pair or two if they will fit my thighs/butt.

Then again, Vox is built in the thigh area, at least, IIRC so might be okay for me.

Wishing you all the best with the official launch and pre-sales.

[edit]

Also, "Wanta Panta? Don't you wanta?"

[/edit]

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To summarize vox, these pants are like finding the perfect balance between a laxative and Imodium AD. Well done.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
But only one back pocket. Why oh why such cheeseparing?

It's one more than I was originally planning.

Originally Posted by dv3
Pre-Buzz, Buzz, Hype, Backlash...all in one day
laugh.gif

Very SF

That is why I love SF. Relegated to the trash heap before even leaving the starting line
laugh.gif

In terms of fabrics, I am not a huge fan of seasonal fabrics, or I should say, I am not a huge fan of summer only fabrics. Currently, putting together a brown super 120's which is very nice, can't really describe the color, a slate blue/blue grey super 120's, a Zegna 92%cotton/8%cashmere khaki, a Zegna cotton/linen in khaki and one in brown, some GTH pants and I have some other fabrics, probably the linen/cotton is the only one that is an exclusively spring/summer pant, the others are three season. Should be 7-10 days if I crack the whip but I am also running around working on the other stuff and trying to set up a website, have pics taken for the official SF threak etc etc etc.

In terms of the back pockets, there will only be 1 pocket in the production runs, I may do one-offs where I can add another back pocket or change the front pockets if someone wants (or use their fabric), but that is further down the line and not sure I will do it.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size W34 has 10.5" rise,how about W36? Is it going to have higher rise or same?

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
But only one back pocket. Why oh why such cheeseparing?

Originally Posted by edmorel
It's one more than I was originally planning.

Ed, don't go there. Only chicks wear pants w/o back pockets. Actually, so does vox...
tounge.gif

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Size W34 has 10.5" rise,how about W36? Is it going to have higher rise or same?

I'll put up exact measurements when I put up the for sale thread, don't have any 36 right now. When you "grade" the pants, the differences in the sizes is minimal, other than the waist so I wouldn't expect the rise to be much different, but there will be a more fuller cut available for 36 eventually.

BTW, these will be sold with a 14 day return policy, an exchange will get shipping back to me, paid by me. Money back will have to pay the shipping to me.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must say they look like 600 usd retail pants. Probably even higher.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Ed, don't go there. Only chicks wear pants w/o back pockets. Actually, so does vox...
tounge.gif

Don't be ungrateful. I'm the one who convinced Ed to put at least one back pocket there so that the Average SF Joe (ASFJâ„¢) would have some place to store his partially consumed Egg McMuffinÂ
00ae.png
while typing.

- B

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ed, will you please call the fuller cut line "The Douglas."

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Don't be ungrateful. I'm the one who convinced Ed to put at least one back pocket there so that the Average SF Joe (ASFJâ„¢) would have some place to store his partially consumed Egg McMuffinÂ
00ae.png
while typing.

Don't take all the credit for that. I complained to him about the pocketless backs as well.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Don't take all the credit for that. I complained to him about the pocketless backs as well.

You were just sniveling and kvetching.

My complaint, in contrast, was more noble and compassionate. It ran like sorta like so..."Ed, I'm completely with you on no back pockets. It looks better and guys shouldn't be carrying so much crapola in their pants. But, the ASFJâ„¢ will want pockets...they will demand pockets...so you better have at least one."

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads