• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line

Virginia Dandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Unfortunately, I have no direct experience with Jamison's pants. They've looked nice on the guys who wear them and other things that I have gotten from J. have always been great.

Panta and Howard Yount are targetting different price points, from what I can tell...this is good news for having a range of options in slim fitting pants.

- B

Fair enough.

It's really a missed opportunity that the Panta logo does not incorporate spaghetti in some way.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
frown.gif
I carry my wallet in left rear pocket....

Can't you just carry your shizzit in a woman's tote, like the HK guys do?

- B

mmkn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought them one size larger, and then had the waist and seat taken down. I prefer that to letting things out.
- B

Do you have to keep these trousers up with your belt by sizing up and timming the waist down?

The legs fit well but what I see is a looser fit on the hips and seats. [Perhaps you are you "compensating" for your purported massively developed vasti muscles [quads] by doing so?]

My bespoke trousers seem to "hang" from a well fitting seat, such that I have stopped wearing belts completely. The waist is also slightly loose [i.e. comfortable], such that if the trousers didn't fit well in the seats & hips the waistband would slip down over the day. That repetitive motion of pulling up my trousers through the day has stopped with bespoke.

- M

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Virginia Dandy
Fair enough.

It's really a missed opportunity that the Panta logo does not incorporate spaghetti in some way.

starfish_cushion.jpg

- B

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmkn
Do you have to keep these trousers up with your belt by sizing up and timming the waist down?
That repetitive motion of pulling up my trousers through the day has stopped with bespoke.

- M

And these aren't bespoke...

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will buy some if and only if the label reads: Quality Panter!!

Albern

Reaction score
Nice pants, can't wait for more details on how to order.

BTW can the pant cuffs be done up Ambrosi style with the buttons when I order or will my tailor have to do that?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmkn

The legs fit well but what I see is a looser fit on the hips and seats. [Perhaps you are you "compensating" for your purported massively developed vasti muscles [quads] by doing so?]

My bespoke trousers seem to "hang" from a well fitting seat, such that I have stopped wearing belts completely. The waist is also slightly loose [i.e. comfortable], such that if the trousers didn't fit well in the seats & hips the waistband would slip down over the day. That repetitive motion of pulling up my trousers through the day has stopped with bespoke.

- M

laugh.gif

AFAIK, none of my pants need to be kept up with belts. When pants have belt loops, though, I think it looks rather naked without a belt.

The Pantas have a nifty close that I forgot to photograph. I mentioned the internal double close, similar to a mirror version of the thing...what's it called?...pancerina?..you see on certain Italian bespoke pants...but the outside tab close is also cool. Here's one of Ed's pics:

076.jpg

The tab loops under one loop and is fastened by a horn button.

I'm not sure that this is enough for me to wear it without a belt, but maybe.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Albern
BTW can the pant cuffs be done up Ambrosi style with the buttons when I order or will my tailor have to do that?

You should get these altered locally. If you do, doing an internal button cuff is a cinch since the hole for it is simply though the trouser seams...you just get seams opened enough for the buttons, and then tacked closed securely on either side of the hole so that the seams do not unravel.

Now, why you would bother to do this is a different question.

- B

Albern

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
/me hopes for these in a glen plaid.
wink.gif

+1 on glen plaid but let's get the ball rolling first
smile.gif
You should get these altered locally. If you do, doing an internal button cuff is a cinch since the hole for it is simply though the trouser seams...you just get seams opened enough for the buttons, and then tacked closed securely on either side of the hole so that the seams do not unravel. Now, why you would bother to do this is a different question. - B
Thanks. I like the functional proposition of having cuffs that I can unbutton. Also your story (EDIT: not Doc's) about finding something in your pant cuff after attending a college party scared me enough to make sure that I can undo my pant cuffs. A nice middle ground from omitting cuffs altogether I suppose. With respect to the Pants, how far does the lining go?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks. I like the functional proposition of having cuffs that I can unbutton. Also Doc Holliday's post about finding something in his pant cuff after attending a college party scared me enough to make sure that I can undo my pant cuffs. A nice middle ground from omitting cuffs altogether I suppose.

I don't know Doc's story, but when I was in college, I wore pants with big cuffs as I still do today. It was an impromptu roadtrip weekend to Smith...no planning, no change of clothes...big, debauched party. Tossed my cookies.

The next day, we're driving back to Cambridge on the Pike. Some little shitbox Toyota, so the guys and I are crammed in. We're all sniffing the air because it was kinda foul. Could not figure out the source.

Once we got back, I'm changing clothes back in my room and I noticed that the smell was lingering rather closely. Ruh roh.

Guess where it was?

With respect to the Pants, how far does the lining go?

These fine trousers are lined in front to above the knee, Italian style.

- B

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
thanks everyone and thanks Bill for the review.

I am at work and can't get into the whole spiel but Bill pretty much hit on all the points, pants are made here in NYC, the waistband, tacking, pick stitching are done by hand. My goal is to make a quality product for a reasonable price. Will have a full launch in the fall of this year but between now and then will be offering various pants on the forum and also working on two other products which I hope to have shortly. Everything will be made in the NY/NJ area and the people I am using have made/make for many of the big names that we discuss here.

to answer a few questions asked on this thread, the pants are lined to to the knee, a 34 inch waist will be an exact 34 (no vanity sizing), have a 10.5 inch rise, an 8 inch leg opening (and the leg opening will still be 8 inches even after you hem the inseam) and there will not be an option to have button cuffs, sorry, these are not in the Ambrosi league
smile.gif

In terms of fabrics, the next batch (10-12 days) will have more summer/year round stuff, including a cotton/cashmere khaki (Zegna fabric) and some very nice wool along with some GTH pants.

In terms of these, if you are interested, yuo can PM me and I will send you measurements and you can buy a pair if you like. I will have an official threak hopefully by next week but this set of pants are ready to go (pants will come with tape/fabric for heel guard and two extra buttons).

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Beautiful, ed. Very nicely done. Also, bonus is now I finally understand your avatar.

Looking forward to the fuller cut; will kop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads