• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

spencers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Did 10 miles yesterday...Doing my first half-marathon on May 2nd. Hoping to finish in 1:45

Kick ass!

Tip: Be wary of the race route. The half I ran a couple weeks ago had a monstrous Arkansas hill with maybe one switchback during the last mile that I didn't know about. Talk about KILLER!

Kris

Reaction score
3.1 (5k) = 23:40, which I feel is ok for being 37 and having a 27" inseam.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Hope you rock it.

That is the same time goal I have for my first half.

Did you use a training schedule?

Right now, I pretty much run every day, 5-8 miles and 10+ on Sat, rest on Sunday.

I am also throwing Hill intervals in a few times a week.

Thanks all. Will let you know how it goes...

I don't really have much of a schedule. My girlfriend is running the same 1/2 marathon and I basically just join her for runs a couple times a week. She's on some sort of program but I don't really pay much attention to it.
laugh.gif

Fatto_in_Italia

Reaction score
Did a 9K run with a friend of mine tonight and for the first time in months I was able to run 'so long' without any knee pain!

Hurray!

runner-guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Did 10 miles yesterday...Doing my first half-marathon on May 2nd. Hoping to finish in 1:45

Good luck! I really want to try the half marathon maybe in October. I usually do 5K and 10K races and moved up to a 10 mile race last summer, so the half marathon is definitely my next goal.

airblaster503

Reaction score
4 miles today in just over 29 min. First run in over a week since I have been sick. Didn't really feel fatigued but didn't feel good about it. Hopefully get in around 35 miles this week in preperation for my half marathon May 2.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A few weeks back I got an email from the Houston Marathon Committee: the 2012 Olympic marathon trials are going to be held in Houston. They did up t-shirts for the 2012 marathon but I was unable to get downtown in time to pick any up.

So yesterday I got the email: extra shirts for sale, so I ordered a few. yay me.

But this also helped me to re-organize my priorities - these last few weeks, it was...oh...four miles...five miles...six miles. Goofing off here and there.

Today, though: fueled by the reminder of 2012 (when I plan to run the marathon and try to qualify for Boston) and also by a rage over a lost iphone cable, I knocked out 8 miles in 1:00:19.

Kris

Reaction score
One mile in 6:42. Then another 3/4 mile in 4x 1/8mi sprints and 4x 1/16mi sprints. (There's a high school track by my house).

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
A few weeks back I got an email from the Houston Marathon Committee: the 2012 Olympic marathon trials are going to be held in Houston. They did up t-shirts for the 2012 marathon but I was unable to get downtown in time to pick any up.

So yesterday I got the email: extra shirts for sale, so I ordered a few. yay me.

But this also helped me to re-organize my priorities - these last few weeks, it was...oh...four miles...five miles...six miles. Goofing off here and there.

Today, though: fueled by the reminder of 2012 (when I plan to run the marathon and try to qualify for Boston) and also by a rage over a lost iphone cable, I knocked out 8 miles in 1:00:19.

AWESOME Thomas!
Similar thing happened to me. My neighbor talked me into doing the Chicago marathon, now training for the half marathon is a step in the bigger picture.
Nice time!

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas

Sweet - see you in Boston in 2012!

10 miles in 1:22.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
took 5 days off.. (wasn't planned) did a road trip through new england and finally ended up in boston today and had to run... (i was sick of driving around with the wife and her brother for so long).

i told them to just eat dinner without me... i was going for a run.

8 miles along the charles river and back trough beacon hill... some of the prettiest running i've done so far.

back home to nyc tomorrow morning....

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today, woke up to a light rain which passed before I pulled on the shoes. 6.7 miles in 49:34

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads