• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well it just so happened that a pair of 1000 mile boots in my size ended up in the store. So now they are on my feet. The pair I now own is brown and they are very comfortable straight out of the box. Now I say this with some reservation because I'm used to very heavy work/hiking boots that take weeks to break in. If you're used to gym or dress shoes then wear them for a few hours a day for a week or so. Your feet will appreciate it.

OK so I'm about a week into wearing these boots and where I live it's muck season. I'm not worried about the uppers. Horween Chomexcel is about as good as it gets when you're talking boot leather. Now the leather soles on the other hand is something I was a bit worried about. Not anymore. I've worn them in mud, sloshed through standing puddles and have walked through a few wet pastures. I also hiked/fished one of my favorite Crappie lakes all day last week to "test" these boots out. Yeah it's muck season for sure. The soles survived just fine and for that matter I didn't get wet feet either. One thing I won't do is stand in 2 inches of water for any length of time with these but that's just a common sense kind of thing.

I don't see any particular reason to baby these boots and I'm certainly not going to. I'll run them through my usual boot care routine but other than that I am planning on wearing them in any condition the day throws my way. 1000 miles says Wolverine. We shall see about that.

I'll update this thread with more test results and pics from time to time.

RAM1988

Reaction score
yep many thanks to those mentioning the first time revolve discount. bought a pair of wrath arcane denim (my buddy's line) the other day and had no idea about the discount.. prolly smarter to use the discount on a bigger ticket item, but oh well.

ispace

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
I don't see any particular reason to baby these boots and I'm certainly not going to. I'll run them through my usual boot care routine but other than that I am planning on wearing them in any condition the day throws my way. 1000 miles says Wolverine. We shall see about that.

I'll update this thread with more test results and pics from time to time.

Looking forward to your updates.

B.

marineabilly

Reaction score
Did you all see this insanity?

Sold on 17 March for only $185.50 and they aren't supposed to come out until the Fall. They were a size - my size!!! Insane!!

!BoC!JqgBmk~$(KGrHgoOKjwEjlLmV5FdBLl7(h1VV!~~_35.JPG

Vintage Engineer Boots

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Originally Posted by marineabilly
Did you all see this insanity? Sold on 17 March for only $185.50 and they aren't supposed to come out until the Fall. They were a size - my size!!! Insane!!
Vintage Engineer Boots

Those are gorgeous! Are those a special edition of the 1000 mile? -226

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Does anyone own the brown boot? If so, does it have as much of a cherry hint to it as it does on the Wolverine site?

Thanks!

ispace

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Motorsport226
Does anyone own the brown boot? If so, does it have as much of a cherry hint to it as it does on the Wolverine site?

Thanks!

No, it has no cherry at all (so to speak).

B.

enigma77

Reaction score

Sold on 17 March for only $185.50 and they aren't supposed to come out until the Fall. They were a size - my size!!! Insane!!

Vintage Engineer Boots

How? Bigger pics please

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they are the Wolverine Addison it's possible they are a reps sample. I saw the original 1000 mile boot months before the official release date.

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
If they are the Wolverine Addison it's possible they are a reps sample. I saw the original 1000 mile boot months before the official release date.
Yeah my money is on this. The color looks darker and redder/rustier than the tan shown in that promo photo that's been making the rounds. Can't say I'm into the wing design, though. Will probably pass on these, although it's so hard to pass on anything so close that's also made of Chromexcel.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Vintage Engineer Boots

Those look great. Only $185?!?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads