• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joqur
i measure my waist 2 inches below my navel.
ok no wonder, i measure my waist at the belly button >< so the lesson might be, measure your waist at your belly button and go tts, or measure your waist 2 inches below and try to size down

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
my waist measures about 32 with the tape a couple inches below my navel, and I have no problems with size 27 Diors, they're baggy in the legs for me too. I'd prefer a 26 in them but they were hard to find until recently.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
^^^^
you joke?

at 30 waist I can barely get into my 27s
confused.gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
ok no wonder, i measure my waist at the belly button >< so the lesson might be, measure your waist at your belly button and go tts, or measure your waist 2 inches below and try to size down
Do you wear your jeans at your belly button? That's ridiculously high. Your waist measurement should be done wherever you want your jeans to sit, measuring in a different area is useless
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
lol its you who wanted fit pics of my RO! I'll send you fit pics of my RO jacket and my Diors tomorrow and I'll show you how it looks. When I first got them, before I went to Europe last summer, they were tight on me. I purposely wore them the day I left to Europe so I could try to loosen them up on the plane and walking around the airports. Now they are tooooo loose
frown.gif
FWIW they're not unwearable, but I do use a belt now. They look much more relaxed on me now and I was kinda hoping for a different fit.

Do you wear them at the waist or hips (sagged look)

Joqur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
ok no wonder, i measure my waist at the belly button ><

so the lesson might be, measure your waist at your belly button and go tts, or measure your waist 2 inches below and try to size down

no the lesson is, remeasure your waist because you did it completely wrong.

drew your waist size is 32? how can you fit into those Dior sizes? like i could probably get 1 or 2 buttons fastened on a 27 and nothing on a 26.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Do you wear your jeans at your belly button? That's ridiculously high. Your waist measurement should be done wherever you want your jeans to sit, measuring in a different area is useless

Do you wear them at the waist or hips (sagged look)

i wear them at the hips, except diors are cut so that they measure bigger than your true waist size, ie a 30 dior jean measures ~32-33inches, so i measure at my true waist, and then buy my true waist, knowing it will be cut correctly.

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I just measure where I want my jeans to sit, get measurements for the jeans, account for stretch, and buy them

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
The black MIJs are less prone to stretching than the indigos.
I've always wondered this, since it seems to be true for APCs too - is there something about black dye (vs. indigo) that makes the cotton less prone to stretching? It seems like it shouldn't matter, since both Dior and APC use synthetic dyes
Originally Posted by KitAkira
I just measure where I want my jeans to sit, get measurements for the jeans, account for stretch, and buy them
I take it one step further - I just measure jeans that DO fit in the first place, and then get that measured, accounting for stretch. In fact, if you call Dior homme stores, they're more than happy to take measurements over the phone

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why not just measure the waistband a pair of jeans that fit well, and compare measurements (plus account for possibly stretching)?

edit: oh, had this thread open for a bit before replying so didn't see that nn commented on the exact same thing!

Scooba

Reaction score
Since you all were talking about Dior fits and downsizing. If I wear a 33 or 34 in most of my jeans, should I get a 31 in the 19cm raws?

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
size guidance for jean pants

Originally Posted by polyrock
Size down 1 for snug fit.
Size down 2 for snugger fit.
Size down 3 for snuggest fit.
Size down 4 for complete separation (ball cleavage.)
Size down 5 for instant death.
Size down 6 for superfuture fit.

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
I've always wondered this, since it seems to be true for APCs too - is there something about black dye (vs. indigo) that makes the cotton less prone to stretching? It seems like it shouldn't matter, since both Dior and APC use synthetic dyes I take it one step further - I just measure jeans that DO fit in the first place, and then get that measured, accounting for stretch. In fact, if you call Dior homme stores, they're more than happy to take measurements over the phone
Originally Posted by asobu
why not just measure the waistband a pair of jeans that fit well, and compare measurements (plus account for possibly stretching)? edit: oh, had this thread open for a bit before replying so didn't see that nn commented on the exact same thing!
But if I want a pair of jeans to sit at a different place, that's as ineffective as measuring the wrong part of my body. If I bought a pair of DH, I wouldn't want them to sit where my PBJs currently do

Joqur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scooba
Since you all were talking about Dior fits and downsizing. If I wear a 33 or 34 in most of my jeans, should I get a 31 in the 19cm raws?
dont buy 19cm raws if ur waist is that big, ur proportions prob arent right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads