• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Like i said in my previous post, our measurements of the jeans were from the first run, the photos are from the second run (but the measurements weren't completely updated for the waist), on this third run both the measurements AND photos represent what the jeans look like and measure out to be.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
I tried the ST in a 30 from the last run, and it was just right in the waist, but too small in the thigh (like to the point it was painted on and I couldn't move). I want to try a pair from this run, but am torn between:

Getting the SL in a 30, which should fit just right, or getting the ST (really love the coated denim) in a 31. Does anyone remember the thigh measurement of the SL and ST in a size 30 from the last run?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
3sixteen Denim Collection Restock & Additions We've received a full restock of 3sixteen's denim collection along with a new model, the ST-200x, which is a slim cut made of black selvedge denim from Japan's famous Nihon Menpu mill. We launched 3sixteen's denim collection a year ago at Self Edge thinking it was a good compliment to our list of brands, we're pleased to see that our clients reacted well to this line and have requested more models and more types of fabrics to be used. The line is growing slowly and we're helping the brand improve with every run, the progress is astounding and it's great to see a line put this much passion into their product. The straight leg model (SL) comes in an indigo selvedge and black selvedge, both fabrics from Japan. The slim leg model (ST) comes in a indigo selvedge from Japan, a black coated denim from Cone Mills, and starting this week also comes in black selvedge from Nihon Menpu. This will be the last run of the coated version as the mill is out of the fabric which was only made in a small quantity. The Straight leg models are now available up to size 38. All these models, including a restock of the leather tan and black bracelets, are now available at SESF, SENY, and in our online store. PLUS, coming soon. http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=82 3sixteen SL-100x - Straight Leg Indigo Selvedge
3sixteen_straight_01.jpg
3sixteen SL-200x - Straight Leg Black Selvedge
3sixteen_black_01.jpg
3sixteen ST-100x - Slim Indigo Selvedge
3sixteen_slim_indigo_01.jpg
3sixteen ST-200x - Slim Black Selvedge
3sixteen_ST-200x_01.jpg
3sixteen ST-210 - Slim Black Coated
3sixteen_slim_black_01.jpg
3sixteen_straight_01_02.jpg
3sixteen_straight_01_04.jpg
3sixteen_straight_01_06.jpg
3sixteen_black_01_05.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
Wait, so did the cut actually change on the new run of the denim or did just your measurements change?

I have a pair of ST-210 from the 2nd run that are too big, so I gotta figure out what I am in the new run.

Mostly just the waist measurement changed, they now run true to size where as before they ran an entire size bigger than tagged.
To clarify... the waist used to run about 2" to 2.5" above tagged size, now the waist runs between .75" and 1.25" over tagged size.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
So I got my size 30 SLs today. I think I sized right, but if I made a mistake someone please comment. They are very tight in the waist and snug in the thigh. The first three buttons buttoned easily, and the top one was a bit of a struggle, but I got it done on the first try (didn't have to wear the jeans around first).

I feel like a 31 would have fit perfectly out of the box, but if the waist stretched, I think I could end up with some problems...

MonkeyFresh

Reaction score
I'll be coming in soon to SENY but jw about sizing for these,
my SEXSC06 are sz 32 and I really like the fit, should I try the SL-100X in 31?
Can't wait to try on these jeans though, I've been waiting on the new shipment to come into SENY for a few weeks
Gonna bring in my SEXSC06 for darning and repairs, looking forward to a new pair, and a patched up old pair haha

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MonkeyFresh
Can't wait to try on these jeans though, I've been waiting on the new shipment to come into SENY for a few weeks
Gonna bring in my SEXSC06 for darning and repairs, looking forward to a new pair, and a patched up old pair haha

You'd be the same size in the new run as your SEXSC06 jeans.
SENY can do all your repairs but they don't do darning, that's at SESF only.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Sounds like you got the perfect size, wear them and they'll stretch out within five to ten wears.
Awesome, thanks. And thanks again to you and your staff for A+ service. Another note, I like that the jeans are a little less rigid than other raws, because they stack much, much nicer from the beginning. Other jeans I've had with a 16in opening don't end up looking nearly as good until there's been substantial softening. I may not even hem (at least initially) because the look pretty dope left long and worn with some ankle boots. The only, and I mean only thing I'd change is I'd have the front pockets an inch deeper, to accommodate more crap.

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MonkeyFresh

FWIW, I have the SExSC06 in size 32 and I wear a size 30 in the SL-100x from the first lot. Based on the new measurements, I'm between a size 30 and 31 now. I'd go with a 30 for a slimmer fit, or the 31 for a more comfortable fit from the start.

I guess it doesn't really matter since you'll be visiting SENY and should be able to try them on in person. I'd be surprised if you needed a 32 though...

Scooba

Reaction score
If I wear a 33 in most jeans, what size would I get in these? A 33? And I am short and have a 29 inch inseam. What should I get these hemmed to? I don't want a lot of stacking and probably wouldn't cuff either.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scooba
If I wear a 33 in most jeans, what size would I get in these? A 33? And I am short and have a 29 inch inseam. What should I get these hemmed to? I don't want a lot of stacking and probably wouldn't cuff either.
Did the ill-fated NF WGs fit in the waist? I know from personal experience that I wear the 3Sixteen one size smaller than the WG. If those 32 WGs fit in the waist, then I think you should try a 31. Also, since the taper on the 3Sixteen is less pronounced and extreme, you shouldn't see the huge thigh/skinny calf effect from your pictures. I wouldn't hem until you receive them. While it's a great service on the part of Self Edge, if there's any chance you might want to exchange, you can't hem. Hemming raw denim isn't a huge challenge as long as the tailor can chain stitch, so I'd wait.

Scooba

Reaction score
Yes, they fit. I was able to do up all the buttons without any trouble. I have no idea if there are any tailors around that chainstitch. I have never been to a tailor before

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads