• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike are you still looking at the first of the month for the Sperry's?

shaftoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple

I like giving my money to Mike as much as the next guy, but the red brick Sperrys are up at Zappos and the Sperry site. I have the grey ones and they are pretty nice.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple

Originally Posted by shaftoe
I like giving my money to Mike as much as the next guy, but the red brick Sperrys are up at Zappos and the Sperry site. I have the grey ones and they are pretty nice.

Yes, I'm still looking at the first of the month, but honestly, I can't say. I've been e-mailing back and forth and Sperry isn't being very responsive. And it's true, this line is now at both Zappos and the Sperry e-com site. In the words of Tupac Shakur, "I Ain't Mad at 'Cha" if anyone with a reservation wants to pick up their pair from them. They've got a few colors available:

http://www.zappos.com/sperry-top-sider-a-o-brick-grey

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Thank you! It's not a bad idea, Friday's are usually chill enough for me to get dressed up. I'll try to rock that.

Let's call it Fop Friday.

thirdman

Reaction score
I just got the floral and blue button-down collar long-sleeve shirts in the mail. I love the floral fabric, it should be great for the summer, and seems more subtle in person than onscreen. It also fits well, although it seems just a touch smaller than the button-down.

Anyway, for what it's worth, while I generally like the button-down as well, and it actually fits a bit better than the floral, I'm still not sure about the collar: it just seems a bit too high (or maybe it's just the points that seem too long?). I'd love to see a few with smaller button down collars too. They'd also be easier to wear with jackets with narrow lapels.

In any case, I'll definitely be buying more like the floral (and more pants, and jeans, and...).

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thirdman
I just got the floral and blue button-down collar long-sleeve shirts in the mail. I love the floral fabric, it should be great for the summer, and seems more subtle in person than onscreen. It also fits well, although it seems just a touch smaller than the button-down.

Anyway, for what it's worth, while I generally like the button-down as well, and it actually fits a bit better than the floral, I'm still not sure about the collar: it just seems a bit too high (or maybe it's just the points that seem too long?). I'd love to see a few with smaller button down collars too. They'd also be easier to wear with jackets with narrow lapels.

In any case, I'll definitely be buying more like the floral (and more pants, and jeans, and...).

Thanks, and glad that you dig the floral! I'm going to wear that thing like crazy this season. You'll get a lot of compliments on the print.

Compared to a lot of buttondowns on the market, our collar is pretty high. It definitely has a flared roll and a fairly high collar stand. For a lot of our customers, that's a big selling point for them. I don't have any immediate plans to change it, but we'll definitely keep going forward with the slim point collar that the floral has.

And yes, we've got a s-load of pants and jeans en-route!

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
waits for chambray pants
blush.gif

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so just for clarification purposes, the sperrys you are getting ... are they only the red brick soled ones?

cuz the ones im interested in are the ones you posted like 10 pages back and htey were a wool grey sperry with the white soles (i believe released in fall/winter) ... the red bricked ones that come in 4 colors are suede.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
This.

Yup. I hate when a blazer swallows a shirt collar that is low aka short. Go big or go home!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
These showed up today. Thanks Mike.
They were even wifely approved. Now I'll just need to explain the whiskey cordovans that'll be here in a few days.
image001yyr.jpg

image005bq.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
so just for clarification purposes, the sperrys you are getting ... are they only the red brick soled ones?

cuz the ones im interested in are the ones you posted like 10 pages back and htey were a wool grey sperry with the white soles (i believe released in fall/winter) ... the red bricked ones that come in 4 colors are suede.

We've got a few on order:

Grey Suede w/red sole
Navy Leather w/white sole
Brown Leather w/white sole (the old-school EVA sole, 75 year anniversary)

Sorry, we didn't do the grey wool ones. We'll see if I end up getting these. I like Sperry, but being one of their accounts ain't easy.

Originally Posted by zippyh
These showed up today. Thanks Mike.
They were even wifely approved. Now I'll just need to explain the whiskey cordovans that'll be here in a few days.

Thank you! They look beautiful. Glad that the wife likes them. In my experience, every woman loves snuff suede. I had to talk Adele out of taking our only pair of 8D's. Hope that the Whiskey's pass muster as well!

mikesduc

Reaction score
I'm really liking the McNairy boots (dark brown with red sole) , just wondered if they would be good for 3 season wear or just spring and fall. Opinions?

BTW, I have a couple oxfords on the way and really like the high collar. That's what sold me.

Mike, Please feel free to chime in. I love just about everything on your site so I would value your opinion as much as anybody's.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikesduc
I'm really liking the McNairy boots (dark brown with red sole) , just wondered if they would be good for 3 season wear or just spring and fall. Opinions?

BTW, I have a couple oxfords on the way and really like the high collar. That's what sold me.

Mike, Please feel free to chime in. I love just about everything on your site so I would value your opinion as much as anybody's.

Thanks for picking up the shirts! For me, I'd probably just wear these in Spring and Fall. The suede is light enough, but it is a higher boot with a full leather lining. For a July & August shoe, I'd definitely prefer the bucks or saddles.

That said, I do know guys who wear denim and boots all Summer long - even in the NYC summer heat. It all depends on what you're comfortable in. I can say that these are really handsome in person, and that medium brown suede plays off really well against the red sole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads