• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Leather Artisans Appreciation Thread

that_was_easy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pingsc
So I just received my wallet and belts from Scott (unlucky) today. Included in the wallet was this nifty little business card advertising an "Organize Custom Leather." It appears that unlucky has started his own business complete with cards and a website (still under construction). Considering the decision to remove the previous thread from the B&S forum, I'm not sure if it would be kosher to throw out the website, but pm me and I'll give you the web address and Scott's email.

Originally Posted by Atwigman
I've gotten my dark brown messanger from unlucky. It's very nice and sturdily built; I can't wait to break it in
wink.gif

Please to post pics
nod[1].gif

Whiskey

Reaction score
has anyone got in touch with Scott lately? we were going back and forth between emails three weeks ago and all of a sudden dead air. He got all the measurement info from me so maybe im just queue'd in the waiting-list?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Whiskey
has anyone got in touch with Scott lately? we were going back and forth between emails three weeks ago and all of a sudden dead air. He got all the measurement info from me so maybe im just queue'd in the waiting-list?

i've been in touch with him. ordered my belt on thursday and he shipped it out monday. Maybe there's a problem with the emails or something. might be going to spam.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DSC00565.jpg
DSC00567.jpg
DSC00566.jpg
Unlucky made this belt for me. He refused to let me pay for it before i'd seen pictures after he'd made it. I first emailed him thursday week ago. It was done and sent by monday last week. Arrived in New Zealand yesterday. It's a very simple belt. No stitching anywhere (i didn't ask for it), so it would've been a pretty easy make for him. It came in a natural colour, which was lighter than the above pictures, with a sort of pinkish tinge. I applied some leather conditioner, which darkened it a bit and turned it that orangey colour which goes really well with denim. I imagine it will darken further over time. edit: pictures cropped

pingsc

Reaction score
After a short delay, here are the pictures of the Skull repro wallet and IH repro belt that Scott made for me. The wallet images are after about a week's worth of wear and the belt image is the one that Scott sent me.

Just to reiterate what everyone has already said, Scott offers a superior product at an unbeatable price. Furthermore, he is highly responsive to the customer and is an absolute pleasure to deal with. Shop with confidence.

P3230092.jpg

P3230094.jpg

P3230095.jpg

001.jpg

Whiskey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pingsc
After a short delay, here are the pictures of the Skull repro wallet and IH repro belt that Scott made for me. The wallet images are after about a week's worth of wear and the belt image is the one that Scott sent me.

Just to reiterate what everyone has already said, Scott offers a superior product at an unbeatable price. Furthermore, he is highly responsive to the customer and is an absolute pleasure to deal with. Shop with confidence.

thats cool. so on the belt if you wanted to make any adjustments you could easily do it yourself by just punching holes and trimming the excess?

pingsc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Whiskey
thats cool. so on the belt if you wanted to make any adjustments you could easily do it yourself by just punching holes and trimming the excess?

Yes and no, the thickness of my belt will make it pretty difficult for me to punch new holes; however, if you look at the piece that the buckle is connected to, you'll notice that it's an independent strip of leather attacked by rivets. this allows you to move it one direction or the other depending on whether you want it to be longer or shorter. You'd also be able to punch new holes on the buckle side so that you could lengthen/shorten the belt while retaining uniform looking holes on the other end. Scott will go through all of this with you if you decide you want them, as well as make the belt to your specifications.

houjitomasu

Reaction score
What's Unlucky's website so that I can order from him? or is he e-mail only?

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsbkoko
+1 on this.

Originally Posted by houjitomasu
What's Unlucky's website so that I can order from him? or is he e-mail only?

you guys cant see the pics on few pages back?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not even pages.... it's 2 posts above
facepalm.gif

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is that Skull repro designed?
ID holder w/ pocket underneath, two-sided flap of card slots, card slots on other side?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads