• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official GANT Thread***

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the gant by michael bastian collection was definitely one of my favorites from fashion week.

i wrote an article giving a bit of insight on how he designed the collection and what inspired its lacrosse theme: http://www.valetmag.com/style/fashio...style_top_lead

there's a puffer jacket that's really amazing, some cool knits and a rad trench. plus it's all pretty affordable.

AHShadow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Yes, I think that you'd find the Small pretty roomy. Our XS is a lot slimmer. And the Blue Selvedge is the only shirt where we may be limited on stock. I can pull some from the NY Gant shop, but it's unclear how many they have available. Until I have that confirmation, I'll stick to what I have physically in stock. And our only Blue Small was bought by the man below...
Aww. That's too bad cause I was really psyched to get a nice good-priced pink shirt! Thanks for the honest reply!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
the gant by michael bastian collection was definitely one of my favorites from fashion week.

i wrote an article giving a bit of insight on how he designed the collection and what inspired its lacrosse theme: http://www.valetmag.com/style/fashio...style_top_lead

there's a puffer jacket that's really amazing, some cool knits and a rad trench. plus it's all pretty affordable.

Yeah, the trench and Chesterfield coat were awesome. Great pricing for the quality. We picked up both for Fall.

Originally Posted by AHShadow
Aww. That's too bad cause I was really psyched to get a nice good-priced pink shirt!

Thanks for the honest reply!

Sure thing, I always want customers to get the best fit. We'll have you covered with the new Epaulet club collar oxfords - they'll definitely be made in XS.

Racing Green

Reaction score
I see ACL's Gant Rugger collaboration shirt has sold out already - http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2010/...as/#more-14411

ACLGANT.jpg

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i tried to buy it yesterday but it sold out quick as hell

only 73 shirts made

enigma77

Reaction score
Gant Rugger Medium = Epaulet Medium = Band of Outsiders Large = J.Crew Small = Gitman Vintage Small

Haha, I love this. For some reason it makes me laugh. (Don't get me wrong; it's also seriously useful.)

As a rule, I won't buy anything for our store with a garish or ostentatious logo

YOU MEAN THEN YOU WON'T BE CARRYING THIS?

20100203_polouniforms_250x375.jpg

My dreams have been crushed.

Seriously though, Gilt just had a minor Gant sale; looks like they were offloading some late winter/early spring stuff. Looked interesting; picked up a few things. Hadn't bought Gant before, your equivalency chart was useful, Mike! Thanks. We'll see how they fit.

enigma77

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Quick question: I bought a Gant fitted poplin shirt from Gilt recently, and while it fits perfectly in the shoulders and length, it's just a tad baggy in the midsection. It's unwashed, though. Since it's poplin and as-yet-unwashed, I'm hoping that if I put it in the dryer when I first wash it it'll shrink a bit. Anyone have experience with Gant's poplin? Will it shrink or no?

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrmax
I was lucky enough to grab one of these before they sold out. I wont get to see it until next week but if the size (M) doesn't work then it will be on B&S fairly quickly.

if it doesn't work out i might be interested.

henrikc

Reaction score
I'm so jealous of you, here in Norway most Gant retailers only carry the clothes with a "dad"-fit. No slimfit, although you might get lucky and find something with a decent fit. I have a grey cable v-neck with blue and red stripes along the neck. Love this one as well,
1225100071.jpg
What I'm really trying to say is that they do have some nice items, but mostly the fit is too loose for me.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know another US stockist for the Rugger poplin gingham s/s shirt in a Medium? Blackbird's out.
46831_1.jpg
EDIT: Having just posted this, I realize I could probably try the store in NY. :p

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
Hey folks,

Quick question: I bought a Gant fitted poplin shirt from Gilt recently, and while it fits perfectly in the shoulders and length, it's just a tad baggy in the midsection. It's unwashed, though. Since it's poplin and as-yet-unwashed, I'm hoping that if I put it in the dryer when I first wash it it'll shrink a bit. Anyone have experience with Gant's poplin? Will it shrink or no?

i dont think mine have shrinked very much...if at all.
just get it tailored. its easy and cheap.
i had the sleeves tapered on this one below because they werent as thin as i liked. now it fits me flawlessly

IMG_0093.JPG

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there two lines of Gant Rugger? My girlfriend brought home a couple of Rugger polos, which have great fit and quality, but were made in China. Just curious.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads