• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

golfham

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raptorrapture
They'll locate and ship it to you for free. I'm sure you can even use the student discount.

They did for me (I forgot about the student discount thing tho)

Originally Posted by aqhong
You need to call the item search hotline (1.877.280.2718), not their general customer service number.

Thanks for the number, I'll give it shot.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
seany, I have that one too. Love it. Between that one, the green madras, and the red chambray, I have my summer shirts. They're perfect.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
btw, I checked out the Panama hats at the clearance store. They're decent. Much lighter weight than I expected, so much so that you can almost roll them up like shirt cloth. Would have picked one up but all they had were mediums. And they were only 15 bucks.

Vaitek

Reaction score
1st post,

Nice seany, I have one of those on order and from your pics, it looks like a good pick up.

I also got the Essential chino in classic fit (graphite). I usually have to get my pants hemmed, but I am not familiar with shrinkage on J Crew stuff. I figure I should run it through a wash cycle beforehand before getting them altered.

Can anyone clue me in on what to expect as far as shrinkage/stretch on the chinos? J Crew clothes in general from their original sizes?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not much shrinkage, especially if you wash and dry gently, i.e., cold water with gentle detergent and hang dry.

The Day Man

Reaction score
Stopped in my local J Crew the other day where I picked up my utility jacket 2 weeks ago for $69.99. They peeled off all of the $69.99 price tags and put the price up to $99.99. I guess I got it at the right time.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Day Man
Stopped in my local J Crew the other day where I picked up my utility jacket 2 weeks ago for $69.99. They peeled off all of the $69.99 price tags and put the price up to $99.99. I guess I got it at the right time.

An SA told me that if a sale price ends in .99, the reduction is temporary. If it ends in .50, it's a permanent markdown.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
An SA told me that if a sale price ends in .99, the reduction is temporary. If it ends in .50, it's a permanent markdown.

I think it's the other way around.

UltraMagnetical

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UltraMagnetical
I need your guys help. Im trying to buy some chinos, but I need to go regular fit (big legs haha)
My local store has the lightweight essex pants which are very thin and the regular fit broken in chinos....which would you guys recommend?

thanks!

please guys? lol
frown.gif

Whiskey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UltraMagnetical
please guys? lol
frown.gif

go to the store and check them out for yourself if they have what you want...they are two pretty different pants

UltraMagnetical

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Whiskey
go to the store and check them out for yourself if they have what you want...they are two pretty different pants

Yeah I bought the essex...they are like 10 more, but Im not sure if its worth it or if they will last...they are very light weight and thin.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't think they will be as sturdy as the other ones, but you should be fine.

UltraMagnetical

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
I don't think they will be as sturdy as the other ones, but you should be fine.

thanks man....would you recommend swapping them out for the broken in essentials?...they had those at my local store and they were a little cheaper.

thanks in advance.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey gang, I'm a Canadian, so I need a some shirt size comparison help.

I'm a solid GAP small, a solid Club Monaco small, a solid H&M medium, and an Epaulet large. Is it safe to say that I'd be a medium in the J Crew summer button downs?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads