• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my parents haven't given me a cent in my entire memory aside from the occasional small birthday gift. i am more than willing to buy at full retail and have before but when summer is here one needs to prioritize properly.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
kinda what i'm leaning towards, just those margielas are so ******* versatile, but i think i really can't afford to drop 590 on one pair of shoes right now.
cop it all then cry when you get your cc bill. Seriousness though, which of them is likely to become unattainable first and less likely to get reduced/go on sale? Which do you need more, you more aching for clothes or do you really need a fresh pair of sneakers? Personally, I'd make use of lay-by for a retail pair of sneakers from somewhere I know and then cop the clothes gradually whilst gradually paying off the sneakers.
my parents haven't given me a cent in my entire memory aside from the occasional small birthday gift. i am more than willing to buy at full retail and have before but when summer is here one needs to prioritize properly.
I hear ya, I hate the marsupialed mentality that every kid that buys nice stuff has been financed by their parents. I think it's a jealousy or thing in that they're jealous that you're being financially responsible at a young age (e.g: "they probably just leech off their parents"), or if they are young they're so arrogant that they think they're the only ones who are financially responsible (e.g: "all other kids my age live off their parents")

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the old style midtops are on yoox, fwiw

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i actually don't have a credit card, and anyway, all the items in question are of equal awesomeness, i just can't decide, one pair of sneakers i can wear four seasons or half my summer wardrobe.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
half my summer wardrobe.

I think that's your answer, I always think it's better to have a consistent wardrobe albeit of lower quality rather than a ****** wardrobe with one or two stellar pieces, not to say your wardrobe is ****** by any means but those mmm's will probably not do as much for your fits as buying half your summer wardrobe. Oh and MMM kicks are omnipresent, so it's quite likely those will be up for a good while - potentially till you can cop them.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
I think that's your answer, I always think it's better to have a consistent wardrobe albeit of lower quality rather than a ****** wardrobe with one or two stellar pieces, not to say your wardrobe is ****** by any means but those mmm's will probably not do as much for your fits as buying half your summer wardrobe. Oh and MMM kicks are omnipresent, so it's quite likely those will be up for a good while - potentially till you can cop them.

agreed, and anyway, i already have a pair of MMM, i'm just craving new shoes for one of my soon to be purchased items, bless coat :3

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
agreed, and anyway, i already have a pair of MMM, i'm just craving new shoes for one of my soon to be purchased items, bless coat :3

how do the MMM shoes fit? I tried on a 40 in CP achilles recently and they were too long for my feet
confused.gif
I'm an 8.5 in chucks tho.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm a 40/41 in CP and wear an 8 or so in chucks. i go with a 41 or a 40 in margiela as well, my pair is so old i actually can't remember what size they are.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

which bless?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the hoodcoat in black wool.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Personally, I'd make use of lay-by for a retail pair of sneakers from somewhere I know and then cop the clothes gradually whilst gradually paying off the sneakers.
this, sir, is why you are a marsupial. you don't put $500 shoes on layaway. A) that's ******* ghetto as **** B) it's a sign that you PROBABLY shouldn't be buying the shoes to begin with
i actually don't have a credit card
probably the smartest thing ive heard you say (0)

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1769913_newwayfaretort2.jpg

polarized

or

sup_292_ss10-3.jpg

retro super future

or

classic-havana-glitter-1.jpg

does anyone know of a wayfarer styled glasses sub 160$ with polarized lenses? only the raybans got polarized, but the supers have ziess glass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads