• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
great balance of last and sole thickness.

i really dig them

single sole on these ones, i only got for the guido look on shell not calf!
laugh.gif

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bellison
One thing I don't like about Vass is that the soles are so thick and protrude from the front of the shoe so much that they make the otherwise elegant shape of the shoe look clunky and unrefined. If they could do something about the thickness and the front protrusion I'd be all over these shoes.

You have to specify "close cut sole" to avoid protruding soles and that is all. The clunky double-soles are all by special request if you don't ask for it VASS will make your shoes on a single sole.

Bellison

Reaction score
How much is a pair of Vass shoes? RTW? Bespoke?

Originally Posted by Pezzaturra
You have to specify "close cut sole" to avoid protruding soles and that is all. The clunky double-soles are all by special request if you don't ask for it VASS will make your shoes on a single sole.

BRIMSTONE

Reaction score
Does Vass make shoes in crocodile, Alligator, ostrich or lizard?
bigstar[1].gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
single sole on these ones, i only got for the guido look on shell not calf!
laugh.gif

i am not fond of single soles. they wear to hard for me. too uncomfortable and not flattering for my frame and the choice of clothes.

i like my custom made ones. they are nice. check the austro-hungarian topic for it. shoot, i forgot you'll get your paprika soon.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i am not fond of single soles. they wear to hard for me. too uncomfortable and not flattering for my frame and the choice of clothes.

i like my custom made ones. they are nice. check the austro-hungarian topic for it. shoot, i forgot you'll get your paprika soon.

yup all being well i shall!

this is one reason for some of us prefering HAF soles, thro perhaps in some of the pictures they might not look as sleek they doo add an extra diamension to sertain designs

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
F Last Brouged Cap Toe with Seamless Heel, a la EG's Berkley in Antique Congac Calf
Those are freaking AWESOME. I might have to copy that design in suede one of these days.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup all being well i shall!

this is one reason for some of us prefering HAF soles, thro perhaps in some of the pictures they might not look as sleek they doo add an extra diamension to sertain designs

my concern with the haf-sole, if there's any, is the silhouette. not that it is visible irl or from 5 feet away, but thinking how picky some fellows here are about lapel widths, cuff height, tie width... etc. i tend to wonder, why they "defend" it, as they would run for their life.

you've been so kind to tell me, that certain styles are only available in certain "combinations". prezz mentioned that single sole is standard for the vash. i really don't know due i'm not a vass expert.

i like them a lot and i think they are of great value. let's see if i can "shoot" a cordovan pair soon.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
+1. That cap toe in suede would be sweet.

Originally Posted by Bellison
One thing I don't like about Vass is that the soles are so thick and protrude from the front of the shoe so much that they make the otherwise elegant shape of the shoe look clunky and unrefined. If they could do something about the thickness and the front protrusion I'd be all over these shoes.

That's what I like about Vass!

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Those are freaking AWESOME. I might have to copy that design in suede one of these days.

DiTtO

my concern with the haf-sole, if there's any, is the silhouette. not that it is visible irl or from 5 feet away, but thinking how picky some fellows here are about lapel widths, cuff height, tie width... etc. i tend to wonder, why they "defend" it, as they would run for their life.

you've been so kind to tell me, that certain styles are only available in certain "combinations". prezz mentioned that single sole is standard for the vash. i really don't know due i'm not a vass expert.

i like them a lot and i think they are of great value. let's see if i can "shoot" a cordovan pair soon.

yes you should really get a shell pair the 3636 last is calling you - there is no differerence in terms of how each of the soles wear, just the HAF is a little stiffer in the begining

Originally Posted by Parker
+1. That cap toe in suede would be sweet.

That's what I like about Vass!

+1 i also do it on my G&G bespokes too

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yes you should really get a shell pair the 3636 last is calling you - there is no differerence in terms of how each of the soles wear, just the HAF is a little stiffer in the begining.

would go for the budapester, assumed they fit. that's their signature and hard to get by, by someone else. the "3636", i can get anyday through op...

i didn't think of the wear, though there was a complaint around, nvm. it's the balance of heel to sole. simply f....d up - damn the i-gents
laugh.gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
would go for the budapester, assumed they fit. that's their signature and hard to get by, by someone else. the "3636", i can get anyday through op...

i didn't think of the wear, though there was a complaint around, nvm. it's the balance of heel to sole. simply f....d up - damn the i-gents
laugh.gif

Stitched_002.jpg

here's something to wet your taste bud's then!!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stitched_002.jpg

here's something to wet your taste bud's then!!

not sure if i want the 360 welt...

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
agree. Very nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads