• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
^They probably owe too much, MrG.
And can't come up with the cash to pay off the note.

That's my fear, though they've been in the house for 10 years, so it would probably be a second that's the issue. To be honest, it's not so much the owners that have me aggravated, it's the agent who appears to be playing games. The listing agent is a part-timer who sells houses after work, so she's not exactly A-quality. Even my agent was surprised at the counter, and she's made a few comments about how the listing agent seems to have some odd approaches.

Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Yes. Been filling, hauling and throwing sandbags all week. (Tough on an old man's body.) It seems all the dikes are in place and to height, so now we just wait. We're supposed to crest Sunday, about 3-feet lower than last year's record level. While the flooding is classified as "major" or severe, we appear to be as well-prepared as we can be. If NOAA's crest predictions are right, we'll be okay.

Several of you have pm'd me with good wishes; thank you all, for your thoughts.

Yikes. I haven't been on much in the last couple of days, and I didnt realize you were potentially in harm's way. Best of luck - I hope you and yours can stay dry.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Did Conne hack your user account?

No.
frown.gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I managed to get by four years of college without presenting in front of the class yet I have one scheduled for next Tuesday.
ffffuuuu.gif

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
L'esprit de l'escalier.

When I walked out of my place this morning I saw a man standing on the sidewalk, holding a leash. At the other end of the leash was a large brown dog, squatting in the corner of the yard where I often step in dog ****. "Yo," I said, "Pick that **** up." Being very literal.
"What, with my hand?" he sneered, holding up his hand as if it were completely useless.
"Yeah. Next time bring a goddamn bag."
He did the sort of half shrug, half-hearted middle finger I used to give teachers after they turned around to walk away after a lecture. Then he kept walking, leaving the gift behind.

(1) I've become the "Get off my lawn" guy and I angered a hooligan who now knows where I live and when I leave.
(2) I DEFINITELY should have said "No, with your mouth." Or, were I feeling Tarantinish, "No, with your f***in' c**t." I'm sure that would have led to good things.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I have reservations at Volt tonight. Got a call last night that they had a cancellation at the chef's table, 21-course type thing, did I want it? I said hell yes. But then I found out that Mr. Voltaggio is out of town and won't be there.

(1) I'm a little peeved that I'm going to a celeb-chef-driven restaurant on a Friday night and the chef won't be there
(2) I'm a little disappointed in myself for feeling that way, because
(a) Dude can't be there every night, realistically
(b) Was taking a chance on that anyway since you have to make reservations months in
advance--it's not like I can cancel and go next weekend
(c) Jaded food types would roll their eyes at me for going to see that guy from the TV anyway
(3) I'm a little mad at the restaurant for upselling me on the chef's table without telling me Voltaggio wasn't going to be there, clearly capitalizing on
(a) The likelihood I'd take it, driven at least partially by celebrity chef' assumed presence
(b) The presumed politeness/snobbery on my part that would discourage me from asking
whether the chef would be there before I commit to the table

Whatever, I'm sure it will be really good, but I'm no voxasartoria and this is a significant expense, so I can't help but feel a little ripped off.

I REALIZE THESE ARE FIRST-WORLD PROBLEMS.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Also, I have reservations at Volt tonight. Got a call last night that they had a cancellation at the chef's table, 21-course type thing, did I want it? I said hell yes. But then I found out that Mr. Voltaggio is out of town and won't be there.

(1) I'm a little peeved that I'm going to a celeb-chef-driven restaurant on a Friday night and the chef won't be there
(b) Was taking a chance on that anyway since you have to make reservations months in
(c) Jaded food types would roll their eyes at me for going to see that guy from the TV anyway
(3) I'm a little mad at the restaurant for upselling me on the chef's table without telling me Voltaggio wasn't going to be there, clearly capitalizing on
(a) The likelihood I'd take it, driven at least partially by celebrity chef' assumed presence
(b) The presumed politeness/snobbery on my part that would discourage me from asking

Whatever, I'm sure it will be really good, but I'm no voxasartoria and this is a significant expense, so I can't help but feel a little ripped off.

I am feeling for you on this one. It would peeve me as well.

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SomeBoy
Boring jokes and stories of people who think that they are funny piss me really off ..
eh.gif

So do people who do that in turn, just to be funny.
eh.gif

Oh wait...****!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782

I would have been pissed at this, too.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's the wrong side of 5:00 on Friday for me to still be in the office.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am very pissed that every bookstore I go to lacks books from older French Writers and Poets. Nor can I find a book of Federico Garcia Lorca. Alas I must continue ordering from amazon.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
I am very pissed that every bookstore I go to lacks books from older French Writers and Poets. Nor can I find a book of Federico Garcia Lorca. Alas I must continue ordering from amazon.

same for me, except you must substitute bookstore with clothing stores and french writers with Dior, Thom Browne and Margiela.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
same for me, except you must substitute bookstore with clothing stores and french writers with Dior, Thom Browne and Margiela.
I thought you were like..poor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads