• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hnlax
got the pindot in today...again, great fit, great pattern. really pleased with epaulet

i'm mad i didn't find this thread earlier--some past designs really caught my eye.

the candy shirt? mannnnnn

Thank you sir! I'm actually just working out our upcoming dress and french cuff shirts now. We'll be running all sorts of good classic patterns, so there's plenty more to come.

Originally Posted by tonio028
Help a brutha on the fence out and hook up a fit pic? Do it...doooo it.

I'm actually wearing one today. It's a bold freaking outfit. I'll try to get a fit pic later.

And we just got our Spring delivery of Garbstore. Just three items - including one shawl collar cotton/linen piece that you guys are going to love. Awesome details, and I think that the pricing is really good.

shaftoe

Reaction score
Thorogood x Epaulet, about 6 months old. Worn a lot. These are awesome!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^ Wow, those photos are fantastic! Mind if I put them on our blog?

The Horsehide used for those boots were amazing. We'll do a 'lil something new and special with it for the Fall.

In the meantime, I've also got a few product pics to show:

The Alden Whiskey Longwing paired with a cuffed Navy Gabardine Walt Trouser
4445887631_a6cc58a708.jpg

View Larger

Mike Kuhle's Dandy Friday with the Midnight Pindot Shirt, Red Cord Walt Trousers, and "West Egg" Snuff Suede Longwings

4445887905_8496eb78c2.jpg

View Larger

4445888119_504b7254d0.jpg

View Larger

shaftoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
^ Wow, those photos are fantastic! Mind if I put them on our blog?

The Horsehide used for those boots were amazing. We'll do a 'lil something new and special with it for the Fall.

Thanks Mike. I'd be thrilled if you used them for your blog.

Doctor

Reaction score
Thank you sir! I'm actually just working out our upcoming dress and french cuff shirts now.

Oh mannn... I am going to bankrupt myself.

pistolero

Reaction score
Mike Kuhle's Dandy Friday ...

The first in a series perhaps? Looking great, Mike. That pindot shirt is awesome; would insta-kop except you've been taking all my $$ for trousers lately.

mikesduc

Reaction score
Would anyone be able to comment on the weight of the camel tattersal trouser?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some may remember I snagged the Exploded Check flannel in a medium during its first run last year, but had a bit of an issue with the sizing. After a couple months of watching it sit in my closet with the original tag, I was delighted to read that Mike would be going through with a second wave of the shirt. I exchanged the unworn shirt for a large.

It turned out to be a great decision. The cut is still flattering, the shoulder seams hit right at the end of my shoulders, and the darting is much less pronounced now that my (literally) big ass isn't mucking things up. I'll cold wash and hang dry the shirt, now that it won't be an issue if the shirt loses a little length (the medium was bordering on being too short as is).

Anyway, my reason for posting this is that I was able to wear the shirt in public for the first time this afternoon and man, what reactions. I met my family for my uncle's birthday. Before I even sat down, everyone at the table was earnestly ooo-ing and ah-ing about how "beautiful" the shirt was. Even my uncle, who is notorious for playfully cutting me down on all fronts couldn't help but praise the shirt right off the bat.

So kudos, Mike. You've picked patterns that have decimated my uncle's sarcasm.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pistolero
The first in a series perhaps? Looking great, Mike. That pindot shirt is awesome; would insta-kop except you've been taking all my $$ for trousers lately.

Thank you! It's not a bad idea, Friday's are usually chill enough for me to get dressed up. I'll try to rock that.

Originally Posted by mikesduc
Would anyone be able to comment on the weight of the camel tattersal trouser?

I couldn't tell you the exact weight, but they're along the lines of a regular wool suiting trouser. Not particuarly light or heavy. I'd say that you could wear these 10 months a year. Probably be really hot in July and August - but that's pretty much the case for any wool that's not Tropical wool.

The fabric has an amazing hand. Whatever Italian mill ran this off did a phenomenal job. This is some of the nicest trouser wool that I've ever felt.

Originally Posted by APK
Some may remember I snagged the Exploded Check flannel in a medium during its first run last year, but had a bit of an issue with the sizing. After a couple months of watching it sit in my closet with the original tag, I was delighted to read that Mike would be going through with a second wave of the shirt. I exchanged the unworn shirt for a large.

It turned out to be a great decision. The cut is still flattering, the shoulder seams hit right at the end of my shoulders, and the darting is much less pronounced now that my (literally) big ass isn't mucking things up. I'll cold wash and hang dry the shirt, now that it won't be an issue if the shirt loses a little length (the medium was bordering on being too short as is).

Anyway, my reason for posting this is that I was able to wear the shirt in public for the first time this afternoon and man, what reactions. I met my family for my uncle's birthday. Before I even sat down, everyone at the table was earnestly ooo-ing and ah-ing about how "beautiful" the shirt was. Even my uncle, who is notorious for playfully cutting me down on all fronts couldn't help but praise the shirt right off the bat.

So kudos, Mike. You've picked patterns that have decimated my uncle's sarcasm.

Great post - glad that we could help give your uncle the anti-sarcastic *****-slap! That's what the Exploded check is here for.

rbny

Reaction score
Mike,

Great meeting you today. I really like the Cafe Racer slim jacket from Schott that you help me pick out in your store-glad I tried it on. I especially like that it's not as short and boxy as a traditional motorcycle-type jacket making this jacket much more versatile, imo. The leather seems much better than previous Schott jackets I've owned years ago. I'm just not too sure about a black leather jacket since I prefer to wear dark brown boots/shoes.

As per our conversation, I'm looking forward to your next batch of long sleeve shirts which seem to fit me perfectly-would not have thought I was an XL since I am large in just about everything. It will make ordering online much easier in the future.

Looking forward to those Thorogood boots in the fall-please keep me posted.

PolePosition

Reaction score
Wore my Navy Pindot shirt today and got a lot of compliments. It is quite the eye catcher!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rbny
Mike,

Great meeting you today. I really like the Cafe Racer slim jacket from Schott that you help me pick out in your store-glad I tried it on. I especially like that it's not as short and boxy as a traditional motorcycle-type jacket making this jacket much more versatile, imo. The leather seems much better than previous Schott jackets I've owned years ago. I'm just not too sure about a black leather jacket since I prefer to wear dark brown boots/shoes.

As per our conversation, I'm looking forward to your next batch of long sleeve shirts which seem to fit me perfectly-would not have thought I was an XL since I am large in just about everything. It will make ordering online much easier in the future.

Looking forward to those Thorogood boots in the fall-please keep me posted.

Great meeting you too, and thanks again for coming by the shop!

I'm really glad that you picked up the jacket - it fit you spot-on. I know that some guys are religious about leather color-matching (jacket to shoes to belt), but I personally think that a black motorcycle jacket - especially a pared-down piece like the Cafe Racer - is a basic, versatile piece that can definitely work with rugged brown shoes. Especially something along the lines of an Indy boot.

Originally Posted by PolePosition
Wore my Navy Pindot shirt today and got a lot of compliments. It is quite the eye catcher!

Thank you sir - glad that you like it! I was rocking that hard with the red cords (from Friday's fit pic). The guy at the coffee joint asked me where my yacht was parked.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ou don't park boats. You dock them

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be down for both of the double faced shirts if they weren't double faced lol. I always roll up my sleeves and really wouldn't like a contrasting pattern.

Is there any chance of offering either of those two shirts with just the plaid pattern on both the outside and the inside?

**forgive me if this has been mentioned somewhere else in this thread...i went a few pages back but don't have time to read all 80+ pages

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads