• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

deep purple

Reaction score
I have also ordered a basic charcoal suit last week. Should have it by next week hopefully. I ordered the pants unhemmed since I am a bit particular about the length I like. So once I get the pants hemmed, I will also post some pictures. Looking forward to it. If the suit works well, I will probably order a navy and a light grey "ad man" for the summer as well....

linsook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deep purple
I have also ordered a basic charcoal suit last week. Should have it by next week hopefully. I ordered the pants unhemmed since I am a bit particular about the length I like. So once I get the pants hemmed, I will also post some pictures. Looking forward to it. If the suit works well, I will probably order a navy and a light grey "ad man" for the summer as well....

Looking forward to the pictures.

GettinCutBro

Reaction score
I ordered the midnight blue metallic. Will post pics when it arrives
smile.gif

GettinCutBro

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of indochinos slanted pockets? I plan to get this but would like to know how slanted theirs really are.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GettinCutBro
I ordered the midnight blue metallic.
facepalm.gif

GettinCutBro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amplifiedheat
facepalm.gif

Im kinda scared now lol. I hope I didnt make a really bad choice. I ordered the swatches and it just looks like a dark blue material that doesn't even shine as much as it shows online.

I plan to order about 3 more. what are some good choices? Also mine are not mainly for business or anything formal. I am 22 so kinda young and work at a seo firm where we all dress fashionable.

linsook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GettinCutBro
I ordered the midnight blue metallic. Will post pics when it arrives
smile.gif

You just ordered a polyester suit... cancel it!

Sprezzateur

Reaction score
That video with the tailor is pretty funny, and misleading. I like how he is in a pristine white studio, when in reality the tailors work in the exact shop you would expect, as seen in the videos below that I found the other day.

Clip 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvgqd...eature=related
Clip 2:
Clip 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67ne...eature=related
Clip 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVPQI...eature=related

This a 4-part series of clips taken from a Shanghai news show. The first clip shows the fabric markets. The second clip shows the workshop. In the last two videos are some pretty uninspiring comments from the founders on dress and style. All in all, makes me not want to buy another suit from them.

mjc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linsook
You just ordered a polyester suit... cancel it!

Yeah... suits are made from wool. Or linen or mohair, in the summer. Not polyester. imho.

- Mike

mjc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sprezzateur
That video with the tailor is pretty funny, and misleading. I like how he is in a pristine white studio, when in reality the tailors work in the exact shop you would expect, as seen in the videos below that I found the other day.

That is pretty funny/sad. The sweatshop full of seamstresses and fans does seem more plausible...

Thanks for posting the links to the "real" videos!

- Mike

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sprezzateur

Clip 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvgqd...eature=related
Clip 2:
Clip 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67ne...eature=related
Clip 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVPQI...eature=related

This a 4-part series of clips taken from a Shanghai news show. The first clip shows the fabric markets. The second clip shows the workshop. In the last two videos are some pretty uninspiring comments from the founders on dress and style. All in all, makes me not want to buy another suit from them.

...Aaaand, reality finally speaks up.

Not to be rude, but did you guys who enjoyed the first video really think Indochino suits were made by some master tailor, in pristine surroundings, and given a great deal of care and attention? And then sold to you for $250 a pop? That just doesn't happen. There's a reason why Indochino can afford to sell suits for as cheap a price as they do; it's because their suits are that cheap to make (if not considerably cheaper). This is sweatshopped, Chinese outsourcing at its most basic.

Now, I've never owned an Indochino suit and can't tell you what the ultimate quality may or may not be. For all I know, it's the best $250 suit ever constructed. More than a few folks here seem to be happy with their Indochino purchases. But regardless of how good it is for the price, let's not get any illusions about its being a magnificently crafted and expertly tailored garment.

linsook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
...Aaaand, reality finally speaks up.

Not to be rude, but did you guys who enjoyed the first video really think Indochino suits were made by some master tailor, in pristine surroundings, and given a great deal of care and attention? And then sold to you for $250 a pop? That just doesn't happen. There's a reason why Indochino can afford to sell suits for as cheap a price as they do; it's because their suits are that cheap to make (if not considerably cheaper). This is sweatshopped, Chinese outsourcing at its most basic.

Now, I've never owned an Indochino suit and can't tell you what the ultimate quality may or may not be. For all I know, it's the best $250 suit ever constructed. More than a few folks here seem to be happy with their Indochino purchases. But regardless of how good it is for the price, let's not get any illusions about its being a magnificently crafted and expertly tailored garment.

i don't think anyone has that illusion. the first vid is good marketing and you have to hand it to them... it was well done.

mjc

Reaction score
The "real" videos do explain why Indochino is so vague about their fabrics - "wool, grey" - what more do you need to know?

They schlep down to the local fabric mart and see what's on hand...

(Still, I'm happy with my Indochino suits. Despite the video marketing nonsense, the customer service reps don't pretend that the suits are made in a pristine white studio by master tailors wearing dapper suits.)

- Mike

linsook

Reaction score
You know I've asked before, maybe a year ago or two, whether they could source fabrics from English mills. I was told that their fabrics are sourced from the best mills in China and had no plans to source fabrics elsewhere.

The guy in the marketing vid who was sewing in his suit... he's actually in the 4th youtube quest video @ 4:30 with a metre stick, chalk and fabric, which was shot over a year ago... or I'm just imagining things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads