• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

splattered

Reaction score
Ha well i'm just asking in general...

Im still looking for a pair of sunglasses i like well enough to keep... have a narrow face and a somewhat tall head and a larger but thin-ish nose light skin blue eyes and blonde hair... though its thinned out enough recently that i decided to buzz it off.

Sometimes I think its the lack of hair that partly screws with my workable sunglass options. I feel like if i still had hair my options would be a little better.

And yeah... in general. Fair skin/eyes/hair(or lack of) - tortoise colored frames.

Like i've found that aviator styles are difficult for me to pull off... and color has some to do with it. Silver/gunmetal frames i can pull, gold/black i cannot. Doesn't look good.

Etc

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hank Hill
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT GLASSES THIS GUY IS WEARING???? Thx in advance
smile.gif

Beryll Corporation on Barneys.com?

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
Do tortoise shell framed sun glasses work on fairer skin/hair/eyed people?

You would be surprised. You'll have to try them and see if they look good. Technically, brown and tortoise are not supposed to look good on me, but they do look good. Try Persol 2720-S. I have a pair I am looking to sell cheap if you're interested.

ninetofivereject

Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
Ha well i'm just asking in general...

Im still looking for a pair of sunglasses i like well enough to keep... have a narrow face and a somewhat tall head and a larger but thin-ish nose light skin blue eyes and blonde hair... though its thinned out enough recently that i decided to buzz it off.

Sometimes I think its the lack of hair that partly screws with my workable sunglass options. I feel like if i still had hair my options would be a little better.

And yeah... in general. Fair skin/eyes/hair(or lack of) - tortoise colored frames.

Like i've found that aviator styles are difficult for me to pull off... and color has some to do with it. Silver/gunmetal frames i can pull, gold/black i cannot. Doesn't look good.

Etc

i agree what the guy above me said,i also have a clean shaven head and i think they look good on me (also im probably the whitest guy you ever met,i burn easy)
FYI in the pic the frames look much lighter then they really do,im guessing because it was photographed in a studio setting etc.they are actually much darker...thats another cool thing about them it kinda ajusts to different shades of tan,brown etc.
im normally not a fan of Ray bans,i like em enough just never bothered to buy them (previous pair was a pair of Aviator Guccis)
they are very affordable ($200 range as opposed to Gucci<Tom fords etc) made in italy,only thing is they are not polarized because the lens is graded.

splattered

Reaction score
I got the rayban new wayfarers in both black and tortoise in the smaller size 52... i think sunglasses just dont work on me at ALL haha They don't look right even though they fit my face (the 55 would be TOO big) ... though i will say that the darker tortoise color itself looks good on me. Ugh I thought wayfarers were supposed to be like the universal style but even THEY dont work on me. Lamesauce.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sunglass hut has a crappy selection...but i guess theyre having some friends and family 50% off deal right now...havent been in there in a while

hopefully they have something decent

NoStyle14

Reaction score
Can anyone please suggest sunglasses that would look good on a small, round face? I am looking for shades that are not that bulky and don't have huge lenses.

Thanks for any replies.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoStyle14
Can anyone please suggest sunglasses that would look good on a small, round face? I am looking for shades that are not that bulky and don't have huge lenses.

Thanks for any replies.

I'd look into Maui Jim and Ray Ban, the sportier rimless styles with thin flexible arms.

Lou11

Reaction score
Hi everyone, can anyone help me find a source to purchase a pair of Persol Caravan Sunglasses. I can't for the life of me find any online sites that sell them. The only site that has them is on www.my-wardrobe.com, however they are sold out. I live in Canada, which makes it a little tougher. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

persol-black-caravan-sunglasses.jpg

Thanks,
Lou

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
sunglass hut has a crappy selection...but i guess theyre having some friends and family 50% off deal right now...havent been in there in a while

hopefully they have something decent

How would we take advantage of this outside of having friends that work there?

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have no idea...my friends girlfriend is taking care of it for me

i just got back from the one by my house and didnt like anything...

Sancho Panzo Christ

Reaction score
should i be wary of these online stores selling sunglasses at half of retail? i saw those oliver peoples &quot;robert evans&quot; a few pages back, and need to lay my hands on some. anyone used &quot;sunglassexpo.com&quot; before? are they selling factory outlet type ****?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads