• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you still gonna be doing some cargo pants? I just developed a weird yen for some jodhpuresque loose top slim bottom cargos.
confused.gif
They would probably look wack but...

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shoulders, front \t16.7"
shoulders, back \t16.7"
chest (pit-to-pit) \t19.0"
midsection \t17.2"
waist \t17.6"
body length, front \t19.5"
body length, back \t22.0"
sleeve length, from shoulder \t22.8"
sleeve width @ pit \t6.5"
sleeve width @ elbow \t5.7"
sleeve width @ cuff \t5.2"

copy + past lol.

Whiskey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vashin
shoulders, front \t16.7"
shoulders, back \t16.7"
chest (pit-to-pit) \t19.0"
midsection \t17.2"
waist \t17.6"
body length, front \t19.5"
body length, back \t22.0"
sleeve length, from shoulder \t22.8"
sleeve width @ pit \t6.5"
sleeve width @ elbow \t5.7"
sleeve width @ cuff \t5.2"

copy + past lol.

cool. what's your height and weight? thanks vashin. i'm 5'6 130 so im kind of in the area of 44/45

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha I let TOJ handle most of the sizing suggestions. I think this one is a modified version of the first set of measurements.

I'm prob about 5'6 125-130 depending on how much food I ate that day haha.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by baconzilla
TOJDR3.jpg
TOJDR4.jpg
Received my DR today but it's a little loose so that's why I'm selling it. Give me a PM if interested.

Damn, how'd you end up oversizing so badly?

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Damn, how'd you end up oversizing so badly?

Man, I am really getting tired of the fit police raging on ToJ threads. On one hand, it's really not my place to dictate, but HONESTLY would anyone on the street even think for a moment that du's DR doesn't "fit" him?

The shoulder notch disappears with arm movement, it is only visible in one of the two photos. Isn't that pretty much the nature of a structured shoulder? Does that *really* mean the jacket no longer fits? Lemme just throw this out there, too - an "extra inch" on the sleeves when standing with arms hanging down really only means that when you put your arms up to drive you don't look like a jackass wearing half sleeves (ie - my varsity which has PERFECT sleeves as long as I don't MOVE).

Get the sleeves tailored if they bother you that much, but it ain't that bad. I feel we tend to forget that ARMS like LEGS should not be covered in spandex unless you are otter'd out.

My apologies.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's an acceptable price to slim the sleeves of a leather? The only tailor in town who will work with leather just quoted me $230 (!!!!) and a three-week turnaround..

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ That is crazy...

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
What's an acceptable price to slim the sleeves of a leather? The only tailor in town who will work with leather just quoted me $230 (!!!!) and a three-week turnaround..
You need to find a better tailor homie. I'd recommend my old Chinese dude but I doubt he does leather. You may even have luck with auto upholsterers (who use ridiculously strong sewing machines that are probably stronger than those that a leather tailor would use)

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice

Aren't you coming to Korea a few months from now? Just wait it off and do it here where it'll easily be affordable.

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
Man, I am really getting tired of the fit police raging on ToJ threads. On one hand, it's really not my place to dictate, but HONESTLY would anyone on the street even think for a moment that du's DR doesn't "fit" him?

I think this rant is in the right spirit, but in this actual case the shoulders and sleeves are clearly a bit too big.

c00kz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm

The shoulder notch disappears with arm movement, it is only visible in one of the two photos. Isn't that pretty much the nature of a structured shoulder? Does that *really* mean the jacket no longer fits? Lemme just throw this out there, too - an "extra inch" on the sleeves when standing with arms hanging down really only means that when you put your arms up to drive you don't look like a jackass wearing half sleeves (ie - my varsity which has PERFECT sleeves as long as I don't MOVE).

Get the sleeves tailored if they bother you that much, but it ain't that bad. I feel we tend to forget that ARMS like LEGS should not be covered in spandex unless you are otter'd out.

My apologies.

This makes perfect sense if you dress for other people.

No one on the street is going to think your jacket is too large, many will probably think it looks great. I'm fairly sure the majority of this forum dress for themselves which is why things like fit are important. You don't spend 400 to make sure you look "passable" to the passersby. If that were the case, why go TOJ at all, pick up some synth leather from H&M for 120, no one on the street is going to stop you and critique your fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics