• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm Becoming a Self-Loathing Vegetarian

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Add some psyllium husks to your diet.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Kyle, was your father ever diagnosed with anything? I ask because I think if you're at risk for stomach ulcers it would be wise to prevent them by visiting a gastroenterologist.

Wasn't diagnosed with anything gastroenterologically. The problem went away when he became vegetarian, so he stayed vegetarian, no questions asked.
My problem is that I don't have health insurance, and don't care enough/don't think this problem is big enough to put up the cash for the doctor.

However, I think my problem has started to go away. I went full-on vegetarian for several days, and was feeling fine. Started adding a little meat, and have for the most part been fine. As long as my meals consist of protein as a component instead of protein as the main part, I seem to be okay. So I will probably do my best to keep it that way. Heavy on veg, lighter on protein. It is probably more healthful in the long run anyway, regardless of the pain.

Anyway, thanks to the people who posted in here with advice. I appreciate it.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what touching little father-son conversations you two must have, comparing bowel movements. makes me glad i had a daughter.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
what touching little father-son conversations you two must have, comparing bowel movements. makes me glad i had a daughter.

uhoh.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy

I think it does speak volumes about my relationship w/ my father that I have no problem coming to him for help in any area of my life. It just doesn't seem that creepy to me, although I don't think we've ever had a conversation about poop just for poop's sake. I think it would be very sad if I felt afraid to come to my father for help.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the conversion to northern-california ***** is complete.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
You should look for a free or reduced clinic to see someone. Just a talk might be helpful.

How about gluten and other simple carbs? Ever thought it might be that? I can tell you my guts are working much better removing those simple carbs.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
the conversion to northern-california ***** is complete.
Less **** talking, more video posting.
Originally Posted by Piobaire
You should look for a free or reduced clinic to see someone. Just a talk might be helpful.

How about gluten and other simple carbs? Ever thought it might be that? I can tell you my guts are working much better removing those simple carbs.

I dunno about gluten. I probably should see a doc, though. When I went to the ER tonight for my finger, the doc told me I had high blood pressure (understandable, as my finger was spurting about 6 quarts of blood a minute), but after 2 hours in the ER, it hadn't gone down. He told me I was probably at high risk for high blood pressure from my diet and lifestyle and that I needed to keep an eye on it. After telling him that I've always had slightly elevated BP, he told me that I needed to seriously consider changing some things. My BP upon arrival: 150/85. Like I said, given my condition, it wasn't surprising. But after sitting for two hours, with my body completely calm, my BP was 164/96.
I'm facking dying.
facepalm.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Less **** talking, more video posting.

I dunno about gluten. I probably should see a doc, though. When I went to the ER tonight for my finger, the doc told me I had high blood pressure (understandable, as my finger was spurting about 6 quarts of blood a minute), but after 2 hours in the ER, it hadn't gone down. He told me I was probably at high risk for high blood pressure from my diet and lifestyle and that I needed to keep an eye on it. After telling him that I've always had slightly elevated BP, he told me that I needed to seriously consider changing some things. My BP upon arrival: 150/85. Like I said, given my condition, it wasn't surprising. But after sitting for two hours, with my body completely calm, my BP was 164/96.
I'm facking dying.
facepalm.gif

you're not running, are you.
facepalm.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
you're not running, are you.
facepalm.gif

I am, actually. I was running a solid 25+ a week, but when my hours got bumped up to 60-65 a week, my mileage dropped down to only a mile or two a day. I think this is just God finally getting me back for dropping out of Seminary.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
What's your weight now? Also, a front line BP med like atenolol is pretty cheap, like $10 for a month's worth. I'd be a little worried.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
What's your weight now? Also, a front line BP med like atenolol is pretty cheap, like $10 for a month's worth. I'd be a little worried.

Yeah, I am worried. Weight is 220. Which is weird, bc I don't remember my BP ever being this high when I was 260+.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Yeah, I am worried. Weight is 220. Which is weird, bc I don't remember my BP ever being this high when I was 260+.

Could be many reasons, but also I think you're right that you no doubt had some situational things making your BP rise. You should check out if a local pharmacy will do free blood pressure checks. Just drop in a few times and get it checked.

You're still just a kid, your BP should not be that high.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Could be many reasons, but also I think you're right that you no doubt had some situational things making your BP rise. You should check out if a local pharmacy will do free blood pressure checks. Just drop in a few times and get it checked.

You're still just a kid, your BP should not be that high.

That's the plan. I'm going to go into the CVS before work everyday and use their little BP chair. Supposed to keep track of all 4 days, and then report that to the doctor when I have my follow-up appt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads