• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singular

Reaction score
31715060.jpg

/M

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Nice Rolex that.
+1

Have Rolex dropped the no-date sub from their line-up? I haven't been able to find it on their site for some time, but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place...

EarlGrey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pronxs
hate those nato style honestly. thinking of getting the black with white stitching.

elite.jpg

I love those straps! What is that material? Is that a type of nylon or is it embossed leather? Any way, I love the clean edges - very sharp!

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lustre
What did you get? Or would you like to keep it a surprise for the big reveal?

Ha sorry for the late response. I bought the Omega Speedmaster 3572....aww man the wait is killing me.

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
Why don't they make Brietlings like this anymore? The newer ones are all so hideous but this has some style. JMO, but I think a black leather strap would compliment the watch better than the steel bracelet.

Agree 100%..I would put the new black LV leather strap on it,would look amazing
smile.gif

NOLA1

Reaction score
RolexSales068.jpg

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lagsun
First time posting on this thread. Here's my daily beater that I've had for about 10 years. Originally came on a black leather strap that I replaced last year with an aftermarket Hadley Roma stainless steel bracelet:

img0190kl.jpg

I really like this watch! Congrats on a fine timepiece.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lagsun
First time posting on this thread. Here's my daily beater that I've had for about 10 years. Originally came on a black leather strap that I replaced last year with an aftermarket Hadley Roma stainless steel bracelet:

img0190kl.jpg

Really like your watch. The current range of Breiltings is hideous IMO

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A lot of people here seems to like Grand Seikos so it should be great news that Seiko has announced that Grand Seiko will be released world wide.

Grand Seiko. 50 years of dedication to perfection

SEIKO WATCH CORPORATION is proud to announce that its renowned and respected luxury watch collection, Grand Seiko, is to be released into selected international markets during 2010.

Long recognised by collectors, watchmakers and industry observers as one of the great watches in the world, Grand Seiko has, until now, been available only in Japan and a very limited number of retail locations elsewhere but, thanks to increased production capacity, Grand Seiko will be marketed in partnership with carefully selected retail partners in other markets.

The creation of a legend

It all started with a Marvel. In 1956, SEIKO had launched a watch with the charmingly modest name of "˜Marvel'. It was far and away the most precise and best watch ever built in Japan and was hugely successful. However, for the SEIKO team in Nagano Prefecture, high in the mountains of central Japan, it was just a start. Under the leadership of Tsuneya Nakamura, this team had already set its sights on creating what they saw as "the ideal watch" and was working hard to create a watch that would not only exceed the performance of the Marvel, but rival that of any watch in the world.

The first task was to set the standard. The Grand Seiko Standard, as it became known, involved testing more stringent than that required by any Chronometer testing agency in the world. One of the key elements of this new standard was the requirement for each watch to be tested in 6 different positions, not the 5 used by others; the sixth position was upright, recognising that many watches were left with the 12 o'clock position on top when not worn. In this and other ways, the SEIKO team set the bar as high as they dared in their determination to make the "ideal watch".

The Grand Seiko team defined their goals in the simplest of terms. For them, an ideal watch was a watch that was as accurate, reliable, legible and easy to wear as possible. There were no aspirations to create new or complicated functions; the aim was no more and no less than to create the most beautiful functional watch in the world. And so was born the distinctive, understated elegance of Grand Seiko. From the very first Grand Seiko watch in 1960 until the very latest 36,000 vph* automatic caliber of today, every Grand Seiko watch has shared the functional beauty and design purity that are now its hallmark.

The secrets of Grand Seiko's excellence

Every component of the Grand Seiko movements and exterior casing parts are manufactured according to Grand Seiko's exacting standards. For example, all Grand Seiko cases are polished by the Zaratsu method to create the flattest and smoothest mirror finish surfaces. Hands and hour-markers are designed with razor edges to deliver the best possible visibility and readability even in twilight.

Even the materials used in Grand Seiko watches are special; the mainsprings in all the Grand Seiko mechanical and Spring Drive calibers are made of SEIKO's proprietary alloy, SPRON, which delivers maximum power reserve and durability.

The Grand Seiko Collection

The Grand Seiko collection includes mechanical, quartz and Spring Drive watches, and a wide range of calibers, the majority of which are designed and developed uniquely for Grand Seiko, including the celebrated 9S85 "˜HI-BEAT 36000', the 9F quartz caliber with yearly accuracy of +/-10 seconds, and the Spring Drive chronographs with vertical clutch and column wheel systems.

The Grand Seiko story started over 50 years ago with a simple idea, to create the "˜ideal watch'. For 50 years, watch lovers in Japan have been able to enjoy the experience of owning their ideal Grand Seiko watch. From 2010, other international markets will be able to share this experience and SEIKO's global network of national offices will support Grand Seiko with the same high levels of retailer presentation and after-sales care as have always been offered in Japan. The long wait is over!

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ANIKETOS
Agree 100%..I would put the new black LV leather strap on it,would look amazing
smile.gif

Removed the stainless bracelet and put on the aftermarket black carbon strap which is more casual/sporty IMHO. I guess I can still wear the original and well-worn black leather strap too.
img0198g.jpg
img0199k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads