• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on this Aero leather jacket

jimbo123

Reaction score
Thoughts on this Aero leather jacket

265482021.jpg

265482000.jpg

Nice, very nice or just okay?

rbny

Reaction score
Very nice! Vanson makes something similar called the "Enfield." But I like this one much better-what model Aero jacket is this? I have not seen one with a collar tab and no chest pocket. The more I look at it, the more I like it.

rbny

Reaction score
I found it in the Aero website already but thanks! I just spoke to Will from Aero Leather Clothing and he's sending me a swatch leather sample and a few lining samples from lochcarron.com

I know that it will take a while but I will order an Aero leather jacket once I decide on the style and details. Heavily leaning on this "Cossack" jacket style. The other style I really also like is this one from Cockpit USA, the WWII Leather Tanker Jacket: http://www.cockpitusa.com/store/prod...cat=395&page=1

I don't mean to hijack this thread but which would you choose if Aero can make a jacket like the Tanker Jacket from Cockpit USA?

Thanks again.

Narwhale

Reaction score
I'm planning on ordering a long half-belt with no chest pocket this summer. I haven't found anything else that appeals to me nearly as much, even with the new higher prices.

rbny

Reaction score
Very nice as well. How long is that jacket? I know that the Aero Cossack is about 26.5 in standard size 42.

jimbo123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rbny
I found it in the Aero website already but thanks! I just spoke to Will from Aero Leather Clothing and he's sending me a swatch leather sample and a few lining samples from lochcarron.com

I know that it will take a while but I will order an Aero leather jacket once I decide on the style and details. Heavily leaning on this "Cossack" jacket style. The other style I really also like is this one from Cockpit USA, the WWII Leather Tanker Jacket: http://www.cockpitusa.com/store/prod...cat=395&page=1

I don't mean to hijack this thread but which would you choose if Aero can make a jacket like the Tanker Jacket from Cockpit USA?

Thanks again.

I like both but I would still go for the Cossack. Or maybe I just need to see the tanker jacket in brown.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Very nice as well. How long is that jacket? I know that the Aero Cossack is about 26.5 in standard size 42.

I don't know, but all of John Chapman's Good Wear jackets are made to order. I'm sure you could tweak the length if need be. John's great to talk to. Give him a call.

rbny

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's replies. After a lengthy discussion with Will from Aero Leather Clothing, I think I'm going to go with the Aero Cossack and start working on the details.

On a side note, I took a late lunch break today and was walking around Manhattan, enjoying the much anticipated beautiful weather, and walked in the Cockpit USA Store on Broadway between Bleeker and Bond. Guess what? They had the WWII Black Tanker Jacket and it was on sale for 50% off retail! Tried on the last large left in the store and bought it! Coincidentally, they started marking down all of this past winter's items-sales everywhere. There were two Tanker leather jackets left in a medium size if anyone's interested.

Cockpit USA, the WWII Leather Tanker Jacket: http://www.cockpitusa.com/store/prod...cat=395&page=1

As mentioned above, I am still working on getting that Aero Jacket but now that I have a black leather jacket, it makes my color choice all the more confusing since I was leaning on getting the Aero Cossack in Black FQHH...

jimbo123

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's replies. After a lengthy discussion with Will from Aero Leather Clothing, I think I'm going to go with the Aero Cossack and start working on the details.

On a side note, I took a late lunch break today and was walking around Manhattan, enjoying the much anticipated beautiful weather, and walked in the Cockpit USA Store on Broadway between Bleeker and Bond. Guess what? They had the WWII Black Tanker Jacket and it was on sale for 50% off retail! Tried on the last large left in the store and bought it! Coincidentally, they started marking down all of this past winter's items-sales everywhere. There were two Tanker leather jackets left in a medium size if anyone's interested.

Cockpit USA, the WWII Leather Tanker Jacket: http://www.cockpitusa.com/store/prod...cat=395&page=1

As mentioned above, I am still working on getting that Aero Jacket but now that I have a black leather jacket, it makes my color choice all the more confusing since I was leaning on getting the Aero Cossack in Black FQHH...

lol I'm gna go for the Cossack in dark brown and will order sometime this week
smile.gif

rbny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimbo123
lol I'm gna go for the Cossack in dark brown and will order sometime this week
smile.gif

That's great! If you don't mind please keep me posted on the specifics of your Cossack and let me know what kine of time table Aero is giving you on the delivery of your jacket.

jimbo123

Reaction score
That's great! If you don't mind please keep me posted on the specifics of your Cossack and let me know what kine of time table Aero is giving you on the delivery of your jacket.
Well when I e-mailed him a few days ago he said normally it takes 8-12 weeks but if I order now it'll take 12 weeks.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a brown Highwayman arriving next month. My second choice would be the 50's halfbelt: their 2nd most popular seller.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads