• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

lost in va

Reaction score
Haven't had anything decent in quite a while. Decided that with this nice day I was going to crack open the "cellar" and pull something out. The only thing I could justify (too many limited editions and hard to find beers) was this:

25255_367886632465_502332465_4085729_1639752_n.jpg

2008 Vintage Schlafly Reserve

Opened it and it was an amazing smell that consisted of vanilla, oak, and roasted malt. It poured very dark with less then a finger of tannish colored head. The first taste surprised me as it was a very light (mouthfeel) for an imperial stout and the bourbon did not stick out at first. It was very smooth with all the smells I previously mentioned being converted into tastes. It warmed up after the first swallow and you could pick up hints of bourbon and the alcohol was more noticeable.

If I can find more at G&G I will def. buy another 08 vintage to age as I would LOVE to see this open up in a year or two.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Hendricks and tonic.

Had an 06 Mirramar Torres Don Miguel Chard with dinner.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stags Leap Wine Cellars 2005 Sauvignon Blanc

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Phyllis Schlafly has a vineyard?!
uhoh.gif
2008 Alamos Cab. Sauv. Nothing special.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
uhoh.gif

Dude. Beer does not come from a vineyard.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Dude. Beer does not come from a vineyard.

teacha.gif

Some Plantations Jamaica 1998 Rum - banana, coconut and vanilla, very tropical

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
uhoh.gif

2008 Alamos Cab. Sauv. Nothing special.

The owner of Schlafly is the nephew of Phyllis Schlafly. I am unsure if they are close (in terms of speaking with each other or not). Schlafly is an old-money name in St. Louis (where Phyllis lives and Schlafly beer is brewed). Also, the beer is only located in areas within a driving distance of a few hours of the brewery in St. Louis.

samus

Reaction score
Amaro Montenegro - souvenir for myself from the Rome duty free shop.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
The owner of Schlafly is the nephew of Phyllis Schlafly. I am unsure if they are close (in terms of speaking with each other or not). Schlafly is an old-money name in St. Louis (where Phyllis lives and Schlafly beer is brewed). Also, the beer is only located in areas within a driving distance of a few hours of the brewery in St. Louis.
Wha? I have a few bottles. Would not drive to St. Louis as it is well over 3/4 of a day from me.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kirkland Macalln 15 Sherry Cask

I wish the local Costco would bring more of these in, they're quite enjoyable

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Wha? I have a few bottles. Would not drive to St. Louis as it is well over 3/4 of a day from me.

Well, I guess everything else I said is true.
laugh.gif

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fox Shot:

1/2oz gin (Martin Miller)
1/4oz brandy (Remy Martin 1738)
1/4oz sweet vermouth (Vya)
1/4 Angostura bitters

You read correctly. A whole lot of bitters. Let me remind you, this is a shot. Sip this thing if you enjoy strong flavors, because it may get brutal. This is a great drink for those who enjoy Campari. First note is sweet nutmeg. This is very quickly overtaken by strong clove, orange and allspice flavors. This fades away to a strong bitterness on the palate. I love it, but only in moderation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads