• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystillwater

Reaction score
passed on a navy pinstripe Belvest suit today... mystery white stain on the front below the buttons. looks to be about a 44R.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nehpets99
Picked up something that I found to be rather interesting today. Bill Blass DB 100% camelhair coat, dark green in color...with the tags still on it. Tag on the left sleeve and a store tag on the back left sleeve. Front waist pockets are still sewn shut, coat buttons on the bottom button.. Tag says 42sh. Last picture shows best representative of color.

The coat doesn't fit me too well but I figured maybe someone here could find a use for it. I'll entertain any reasonable offer.

Good luck, brah. You'll be lucky to get 5 rubles for it.

nehpets99

Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
Good luck, brah. You'll be lucky to get 5 rubles for it.

Thanks? At the very least it's interesting and I paid almost nothing for it. I'm not expecting to trade it for a pair of shell Aldens or even get more than $10-20 for it...just a little oddity I felt like picking up in the off-chance someone here would want it for an equally low price.

mystillwater

Reaction score
not a bad find for someone who likes it but not a very well liked brand around here.

e92m3

Reaction score
Picked up a Rowenta Expert DG-980 for 4.99 at a local thrift. The steam trigger button was broken, but smallappliances.com had them for 6.99+shipping. Rowenta's best prosumer iron barely used for under $15. Not that I needed a new iron lmao

e92m3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mystillwater
wow! great find! love my Rowenta..

No kidding, I used to hate ironing until I started using an iron (Rowenta) that works exceptionally well.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks? At the very least it's interesting and I paid almost nothing for it. I'm not expecting to trade it for a pair of shell Aldens or even get more than $10-20 for it...just a little oddity I felt like picking up in the off-chance someone here would want it for an equally low price.

Originally Posted by mystillwater
not a bad find for someone who likes it but not a very well liked brand around here.

What he said.

Ebay might get you 10$.

mystillwater

Reaction score
it's great that you can fix it so cheaply but to be honest, i don't even use the steam function on mine. i just use a spray bottle.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Passed on a nice Belvest suit today because it was double-breasted. Admired the craftsmanship for a while, though. Also found a number of Oxxford blazers but they were all gray (don't find grey blazers all that useful) and 2 of the 4 had no vents.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by e92m3
Picked up a Rowenta Expert DG-980 for 4.99 at a local thrift. The steam trigger button was broken, but smallappliances.com had them for 6.99+shipping. Rowenta's best prosumer iron barely used for under $15. Not that I needed a new iron lmao

I'll buy it... PM me...

nehpets99

Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
What he said.

Ebay might get you 10$.

Considering I paid $1.05, I wouldn't call it a devastating financial loss. A learning experience sure. Just means I have to go 1 day without a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, haha.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering I paid $1.05, I wouldn't call it a devastating financial loss. A learning experience sure. Just means I have to go 1 day without a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, haha.

Yeah, it's no big financial loss. As you say, it's a learning experience.

You might consider just donating it back. The amount you get off ebay will hardly make it worth the time and effort to post your auction, then package and ship.

In the future, consider the style as well as the maker. A green double breasted is going to be fairly tough to get off your hands no matter who made it. If you're looking at something and thinking 'what kind of old geezer would wear this--and when would they wear it' then it might be wise to pass.

nehpets99

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
Yeah, it's no big financial loss. As you say, it's a learning experience.

You might consider just donating it back. The amount you get off ebay will hardly make it worth the time and effort to post your auction, then package and ship.

In the future, consider the style as well as the maker. A green double breasted is going to be fairly tough to get off your hands no matter who made it. If you're looking at something and thinking 'what kind of old geezer would wear this--and when would they wear it' then it might be wise to pass.

Thanks for the advice.

vinasity

Reaction score
Have been pretty busy lately but today decided to go thrifting. Here is a pic of today's loot.

IMG_8945.jpg

2 Ascot Chang shirts
Charles Tyhwhitt
Boss
Holland & Sherry trousers
Express trousers
Burberry Tie
Zegna tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads