• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

koronya marcell rosenbaum experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sebastian
To be fair. What we know is that Rosenbaum screwed up. It has yet to be seen if Marcell was also responsible for what happened.

Well he did screw up on making and delivering the shoes in accordance with his initial timing promise - that we know, right?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sebastian
To be fair. What we know is that Rosenbaum screwed up. It has yet to be seen if Marcell was also responsible for what happened.

Originally Posted by gdl203
Well he did screw up on making and delivering the shoes in accordance with his initial timing promise - that we know, right?

I think like most one sided stories, the truth is probably not exactly as it is being told. Probably a good idea to hear from the other side, everytime these types of threaks start, the guilt of the other party is clear as day and then the guilty party posts something totally different than what is originally told and there is a collective "well, the OP didn't tell us that part"

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please read the foot notes
teacha.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Only if the OP's story is accurate.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Only if the OP's story is accurate.

Please read the foot note incorporated by reference into all my posts in this thread
teacha.gif

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even if rosenbaum is the screw-up, koronya is responsible for making distribution process run correctly. If he wants to stay in business...

mlongano

Reaction score
Unless some evidence surfaces indicating that the OP is lying, this thread is reason enough to prevent me from dealing with them.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And the crowd of I-gents draped in plaid with pupils dilated by fear stampedes back to the comforting safety of the VASH.
lol8[1].gif

distinctive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will agree with Ed and say that this is probably a one-sided story with some reasonable explanation. The fact that the OP demanded a refund because the test shoes were not done in such short time is a bit unreasonable IMO. Art takes time, sometimes longer than predicted. I would imagine that the bespoke process has many kinks and as a buyer, you commit to having a shoe made for you, with a little leniency. It should be a shoe that you are happy with of course and may take some modifications, but to just drop the project that early is both a waste of time and money. That being said, there is no excuse for giving you the run-around, dishonesty is unacceptable.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by distinctive
I will agree with Ed and say that this is probably a one-sided story with some reasonable explanation. The fact that the OP demanded a refund because the test shoes were not done in such short time is a bit unreasonable IMO. Art takes time, sometimes longer than predicted. I would imagine that the bespoke process has many kinks and as a buyer, you commit to having a shoe made for you, with a little leniency. It should be a shoe that you are happy with of course and may take some modifications, but to just drop the project that early is both a waste of time and money. That being said, there is no excuse for giving you the run-around, dishonesty is unacceptable.

+1

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by distinctive
The fact that the OP demanded a refund because the test shoes were not done in such short time is a bit unreasonable IMO. Art takes time, sometimes longer than predicted. I would imagine that the bespoke process has many kinks and as a buyer, you commit to having a shoe made for you, with a little leniency. It should be a shoe that you are happy with of course and may take some modifications, but to just drop the project that early is both a waste of time and money. That being said, there is no excuse for giving you the run-around, dishonesty is unacceptable.

Are you discounting the possibility that he was promised the test shoes and final product within a certain time frame? Whether something is "art" or not doesn't make it acceptable to defy agreed-upon obligations.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the test shoes were promised in a month time and the OP requested a refund at the 4-month mark, how is he being "unreasonable"? *

* see foot note above

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you discounting the possibility that he was promised the test shoes and final product within a certain time frame? Whether something is "art" or not doesn't make it acceptable to defy agreed-upon obligations.
Right, that's what Marcel stated in a post quoted by the OP
Time and cost didn't change:

Koronya bespoke shoes starts at 1500 USD, MTOs from 1000. Delivery time is approx 2 months.

Thanks for this cooperation, the service will be more flexibile - Rosenbaum's is in NYC, since I could just visit a few times.

distinctive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If the test shoes were promised in a month time and the OP requested a refund at the 4-month mark, how is he being "unreasonable"? *

Perhaps not unreasonable but I would guess that the time was an estimate given to him and some leniency should go unsaid. Bespoke shoes take a long time to complete and a couple of months could be made up in later construction.

mlongano

Reaction score
I should divulge that I do not have the patience to wait for nearly one year for a bespoke ANYTHING. If I can get a bespoke suit made in three months why should a pair of shoes take three times as long? LOL...I have had custom homes built in nine months!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads