• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Searched the thread. Found my question, but nobody answered it:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
How do you remove water staines off suede? I got like two drops on my db last week and I have two small circles on the shoe

Orlics

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Searched the thread. Found my question, but nobody answered it:

Google lists a few ways if you search "suede water stains," but I find it more fun to just ignore them. Eventually the stains fade a bit and blend together into a patchwork of small blemishes giving the shoes a more worn look, which I really like.

(BTW, HEY ADAM! you know who this is)

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by itsmedeka
Anyone know what model these are ?

[]

LOL. You've got the box they came in right there, don't you? Um, look on the box?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Oh. How'd you get them? They don't look like they're from the Originals line (which all have that famous Originals emblem inside). I'm guessing these are from the Clarks dress shoe line, sort of a dress shoe version of the desert boot. That, or they're fake Clarks or a knockoff.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those are cool! THye look like the Oasis Clarks, maybe they'r copies

skyline

Reaction score
Can anyone with a chestnut suede DB comment on it's color? Looking to pick these up, but in some pictures it looks a richer brown while in others it looks much lighter almost like the ubiquitous Timberland boots.
blush.gif

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Clarks DB recently and initially they felt fine for about a week. However, now whenever I take a single step, I feel a pain in the big toe of my right foot. This doesn't happen in my left foot, and when wearing my loafers there is no pain. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Could it be that the DB aren't well formed to my right foot?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by itsmedeka
Definitely not fakes.

Got them from Bostonians but they were in some non labeled box, maybe they are samples?

They also had these in Beeswax but they were too big for me.

Bostonian is sort of the dress shoe line of Clarks. So these are a dress shoe version by Clarks. They're not from the Originals line.

Lnja

Reaction score
Does clarks desert boots and leather jacket usually look stupid together?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
No. Better than wearing trainers with a leather jacket, imo.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RE: leather jacket and DB's. I do it sometimes; X-posted from WAYWT
waywt18.jpg
I caught flak for it, though. Was told that it clashed. In retrospect, my mil. surplus boots do work much better for that look.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from gap topic: thought i would do a test to see if i could buy shoes from Piperlime with the online version of the code the cust. reps from GAP are giving out and it does work...u can get 30% sperrys, clarks, etc from piper lime also banana republic online has clark DBs too
mh9fp.jpg
nn3c41.jpg
fyi: to get an online gap inc code...just call gap's cust serv and say u want to buy things online that they dont carry in the store and the rep will give u a code to use

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads