• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

koronya marcell rosenbaum experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Politely

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my experience with Koronya, Marcell Mrsan and Itamar Rosenbaum. In short, I finished up today in court trying to get my deposit back. I'll let some extracts from our email exchanges do most of the explaining, with some notes from the court date at the end. August 14 - I visited Marcell and Itamar in Brooklyn. It was a pleasant meeting and they seemed like good guys. I put down the deposit. I am promised test shoes in a month and final shoes in two months, which is consistent with Marcell's statement here. I don't hear anything for three months. November 9 - me: "Gentlemen, could you please give me a status update on my shoes?" November 10 - Marcell: "Soory my fault - I forgot to pur your shoes into the last package. I promise I will send it in the next week with the next one." December 15 - me: "Please refund this payment or reverse the charge as soon as possible. Both the original and subsequent promises of delivery have not been kept. I've lost confidence in this process." December 17 - Itamar: "Please give it another week or so, I think you will be delighted at the results." December 17 - me: "Kindly refund payment tomorrow. Thank you." December 17 - Itamar: "No problem. It will be refunded in the morning." December 26 - me: "Itamar, thanks for the email, but I still haven't seen the return processed yet. Would appreciate having it done by Monday. Thank you." January 6 - me: "Itamar, I still haven't seen the refund applied to my credit card account." January 11 - me: "I am now left to pursue court remedies. I hate to go down that route, and am making one final check with you in the hopes that you will resolve this situation voluntarily." January 12 - Marcell: "I am very sorry to hear that your payment haven't been reutrned yet. I will definitely urge Itamar to take steps, since he is in charge with the payment, I am mainly responsible for making the shoes.... Allow me to point out that an ordinary bespoke process requires at least 8-9 months, a time that all of our customer understands and respects.... Anyway, as I promised, I will make sure that you will receive the refund." January 13 - Itamar: "I have asked my front desk to check why you don't see the credit, and hope to have an answer shortly." January 15 - Itamar: "You should see the credit shortly. It did not show up because the terminal was not settled." January 18 - Itamar: "Please let me know if you see the credit to your card." January 18 - me: "It has not shown up yet. I called Amex last night. They didn't have it on their system yet, but said it may take a few business days." January 21 - me: "I still haven't seen the credit. Could you please fax the credit receipt to me so I can call Amex? .... Also, would appreciate if you could call merchant services to see what's going on and let me know what they say." January 26 - Itamar: "They cannot find it in their system. Please give us the credit card # again and we will process it again today." I filed the court claim on February 9 against Rosenbaum's (because they charged my credit card), and our court date was today, March 15. It was an arbitration. During the course of the case, I realized that I had been fed a bunch of lies: 1. Itamar brings a pair of test shoes and a shipping label of December 17, neither of which had been mentioned during the repeated promises of a refund. He says they've put a lot of work and expense into making it and that they can't afford to refund payment. 2. Itamar says that the original Rosenbaum receipt says "no refunds" and that's the store's policy, despite Marcell's statement on SF that "If you are not satisfied, you don't pay. Isn't it work like this with other brands?" 3. Itamar says that because Marcell refuses to refund my deposit money to Rosenbaum, Rosenbaum won't refund me. 4. Itamar disclaims knowledge of his emails listed above (which I brought to court) - says he doesn't keep emails. Says he doesn't remember sending them. 5. Itamar says that he doesn't own the store, that his mom does, so he's not responsible for making the refund decisions. 6. Itamar says the delay for my shoes is not unique, that 8-9 months or even later is normal for Koronya, and disavowed knowledge of the delivery dates promised by Marcell - says he wasn't there for the conversation. 7. Itamar tries to disavow responsibility for what Marcell does, and the arbitrator reminds him that as Marcell's representative, he does have some responsibility. At the end of the process, the arbitrator asked whether there was any way to reconcile the case, for example, by continuing with the shoe-making process (perhaps at a discount, which Itamar was willing to discuss), or whether I'd really be willing to risk an all or nothing decision. I told him I was willing to take the risk of getting nothing back because I could not work with people I couldn't trust. In fact, this court experience made me so angry, I wrote this post. One word of advice, if you expect to involve your credit card company, you need to file a claim within their dispute time limit, which for Amex is 60 days, otherwise they won't help you. *March 17, 2010 - Received notice of judgment, in my favor, for full refund plus interest and expenses.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow.
lurker[1].gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
bummer!! i hope you can resolve everything ASAP

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, what's the final decision of the arbitration?

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is why some sellers are really good at coming up with excuses to delay the claims process because they know after 60 days, your credit card company won't give a ****.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
bummer!! i hope you can resolve everything ASAP

+1

Sebastian

Reaction score
WOW.
Sounds really bad. I hope Marcell will chime in to tell us about his views on the situation.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
So, what's the final decision of the arbitration?
+1!
Did you get your money back?

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He denies the e-mails in court--was he under oath? Yikes.

Anyway, did you do the Cinderella thing with the test shoes he brought?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What a joke.

What would piss me off the most is the endless runaround of lies about the refund being processed, and the BS about the terminal, etc.

I think posting the story will cost them more than the refund. People just dont get it.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW - bunch of crooks. Is Marcell actually the Darren Beaman of shoe making? *

* this is my knee-jerk reaction until I hear anything convincing from either K or R

Sebastian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
WOW - bunch of crooks. Is Marcell actually the Darren Beaman of shoe making? *

* this is my knee-jerk reaction until I hear anything convincing from either K or R

To be fair. What we know is that Rosenbaum screwed up. It has yet to be seen if Marcell was also responsible for what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads