• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

supermidget

Reaction score
does anyone know what to do with besswax dbs? i wore them out in the rain this past weekend, and now there appears to be a number of nasty scuffs, etc in the leather. i haven't applied any waterproofer, etc. any suggestions?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by supermidget
does anyone know what to do with besswax dbs? i wore them out in the rain this past weekend, and now there appears to be a number of nasty scuffs, etc in the leather. i haven't applied any waterproofer, etc. any suggestions?

They are ruined, you should send them to me for proper recycling

cozilla

Reaction score
I just got some beeswax dbs yesterday from the clarks store. I got some waterproofing and conditioning creme. Try that stuff out. Im sure you can find something comparable at many shoe stores.

C.lo562

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked many times already but how does the sizing on the Clarks DB's run? Should I go down half a size or a full size? I normally wear a 10.5 in sneakers (Nikes) and I size down to a 9.5 with Chucks.

hastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by C.lo562
I'm sure this has been asked many times already but how does the sizing on the Clarks DB's run? Should I go down half a size or a full size? I normally wear a 10.5 in sneakers (Nikes) and I size down to a 9.5 with Chucks.

why don't you just find a place to try them on?

if you have a DSW near you they usually have some

noneshallpass

Reaction score
i applied a thin coat of obenauf's heavy duty leather protector on my beeswax. i did it after a couple wears because I forgot

Biggie_Robs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by noneshallpass
why?

Sarcasm, bro.
smile.gif

coltcannon

Reaction score
How much heel slip do people have at first? I got some beeswax in 9.5 and they move just a bit when I walk around. Had to buy them online as there is no stores in the area that stock them. Im a 9.5 in PF Flyers and all over the board in other brands depending on the width.

limousine

Reaction score
apologies in advance for posting another sizing question.

i'm a 8us in both vans authentics and chuck taylors, will a 7us in a suede clarks desert boot be suitable for me?

thanks for any advice and bearing with yet another sizing question

cozilla

Reaction score
I wear a 14 in every shoe I own but got a 13 in the beeswax. They fit great!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads