• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LL Bean + Rogues Gallery = LL Bean Signature

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they had only used a different color sole on the blue suedes...

Need red chinos, too, but 'full leg'...

mikesduc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
If they had only used a different color sole on the blue suedes...

Need red chinos, too, but 'full leg'...

I agree, wish it was red but for 80 vs 275 for quoddy its a no brainer for me. I can't bear to spend much on summer casual wear. 4 kids and a German Shepherd rule out much opportunity to wear that kinda stuff.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
How are these ginghams any more "legit and honest" than J Crew? What does that mean? (I say this as a bigger fan of the Bean than Crew).
Yes I was specifically referring to those gingham shirts (10).

Looking more at the overall collection, it's obvious that it was designed by a designer, rather then put together as a group of 'clothes'.

Everything is cohesive, there are themes, there is alot of history.

A good example of this is the difference between BBBF vs BB Mainline.

raptorrapture

Reaction score
This whole line seems kinda meh to me too. It seems uninspired... like they're trying to imitate J. Crew's success but can't quite force themselves to be daring and take risks.

Shoes are the best part. Also digging the belts... just wish that buckle didn't have the logo on it.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raptorrapture
Shoes are the best part.

+1. I wouldn't pay retail for anything else.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Did the leather ranger mocs sell out today or are they backorderd because they were one of the preorder items (which I assume sold out)?

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nativebelle
Would be curious to hear how the shirts fit.

Biiiiiiiiiig.

Here's an email I got:

"The actual garment measurement for the Men's Madras Plaid Shirt around the chest on the XL size, is 54 inches around. The XXL measures 58 inches around. This measurement includes the box pleat on the back of the shirt."

That's huge, man, bigger than jcrew. 27" p2p for XL, 29" XXL?!

I'll have to order a Bean in L to get a jcrew XL.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
Biiiiiiiiiig.

Here's an email I got:

"The actual garment measurement for the Men's Madras Plaid Shirt around the chest on the XL size, is 54 inches around. The XXL measures 58 inches around. This measurement includes the box pleat on the back of the shirt."

That's huge, man, bigger than jcrew. 27" p2p for XL, 29" XXL?!

I'll have to order a Bean in L to get a jcrew XL.

laugh.gif

That is almost as big as Brooks Brothers traditional fit! I guess they didn't change the one thing wrong with LL Bean shirts.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
I like the fact that they're keeping a generous fit.
If I read another press release/blog post about classic american maker X relaunching with a "slimmer, modern updated silhouette"...

Looking over the website I really like the stuff, just not all that thrilled with the presentation and marketing.

You're LLBean, there are a million little designers out there making their name by ripping you off.
When you try to present your new stuff in a similar manner it makes you look safe and boring.

Also, not to be some jerk-off internet hater, but what exactly is the appeal of Rogue's Gallery?
You see/hear lots of great stuff about the guys behind it, and they're obviously very creative

Then you see their site, and it's all large, distressed tee shirts with oversized screen printing and anchors everywhere.
How's that different from all that tacky, over-printed cage fighting gear with skulls everywhere issued to reality television stars?

graphicd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben
^
I like the fact that they're keeping a generous fit.
If I read another press release/blog post about classic american maker X relaunching with a "slimmer, modern updated silhouette"...

Not trying to be contentious, but they do say on the homepage that it's a "new fit that wears closer to the body, with handsome tailoring and contemporary silhouettes"

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Oh my god, blue suede shoes are my weakness. I think that I need those Ranger Moc's.

Sorry if this was asked before - but do these run TTS?

Some people said they run TTS, but others mentioned that they run half size large.
You can check out their reviews from page 13.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
I kinda dig the pocket design of their shirts. Am I the only one?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads