• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2010

james nicolas

Reaction score
i always told myself if w+h made sweatpants I'd get them, but now that they actually did I'm having a hard time convincing myself i need them for $140 when Alternative Apparel makes something similar for 1/3 of the price (or less from my thread).

kcaqu8.jpg

someone who owns them convince me

Gavin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gingahbman
Has anyone tried on the full zip chambray hoodie yet? This has been the one piece I've been waiting for and I'm not sure if I should order it TTS or if it's going to fit small like the tiger fleece hoodies.

Thanks.

I tried on the gingham one last night (which I assume is the same cut as the chambray) and a large fit me perfectly. I'm also a large in their hoodies.

Has anyone seen the chambray in person yet? Based on the photos, I think I prefer it to the blue gingham (which, admittedly, was way nicer in person than in the photos) but I'm worried that wearing it with dark jeans will look too much like a Canadian tuxedo...albeit a really nice one. Is there enough contrast between it and denim or are the colours pretty similar?

Gingahbman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gavin
I tried on the gingham one last night (which I assume is the same cut as the chambray) and a large fit me perfectly. I'm also a large in their hoodies.

Has anyone seen the chambray in person yet? Based on the photos, I think I prefer it to the blue gingham (which, admittedly, was way nicer in person than in the photos) but I'm worried that wearing it with dark jeans will look too much like a Canadian tuxedo...albeit a really nice one. Is there enough contrast between it and denim or are the colours pretty similar?

Gavin, what are your measurements (chest, height, shoulders, etc.)? I am still contemplating between getting a medium or a large in the chambray hoodie.

Gavin

Reaction score
Gavin, what are your measurements (chest, height, shoulders, etc.)? I am still contemplating between getting a medium or a large in the chambray hoodie.

Height: 6'2
Front Shoulder: 16 3/4
Back Shoulder: 17 3/4
Chest: 41
Stomach: 34

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james nicolas
i always told myself if w+h made sweatpants I'd get them, but now that they actually did I'm having a hard time convincing myself i need them for $140 when Alternative Apparel makes something similar for 1/3 of the price (or less from my thread).

kcaqu8.jpg

someone who owns them convince me

If you're going to pay $140 for sweats, these are the way to go. . .
I haven't paid retail for an item in like a year until I bought these, way too comfortable/nice to pass up

soambl.jpg

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james nicolas
i always told myself if w+h made sweatpants I'd get them, but now that they actually did I'm having a hard time convincing myself i need them for $140 when Alternative Apparel makes something similar for 1/3 of the price (or less from my thread). someone who owns them convince me
The American Apparel sweats are ok, but like all AA products they look and feel cheap. From experience the fabric W+H uses tends to hold up to multiple washings far better than AA-- e.g. little to no shrinkage and no obvious piling. The W+H sweats also incorporate additional details that help make it look less generic such as visible pocket stitching, rear pocket, contrast colored draw strings, and different colored groan area. Here's my fit of the the W+H ones in size S. I normally wear a size 29 in other pants.
sweatpants.jpg

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i prefer them rolled up combined with a silly pose
swatz.jpg
gray for a gray vancouver day... they really are great pants. +1 to BB1's words. they are 140 dollar sweatpants....but they look way better and are better quality than cheaper stuff.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrizaBirch
i prefer them rolled up combined with a silly pose
swatz.jpg
gray for a gray vancouver day... they really are great pants. +1 to BB1's words. they are 140 dollar sweatpants....but they look way better and are better quality than cheaper stuff.

This is the way to rock them. Otherwise, you can be too easily confused for a video gamer out making a Hot Pocket/Mountain Dew run. bawlin: Pricing seems in line with W+H stuff. I prefer the khaki to the tan immensely. Thinking about copping, actually.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
This is the way to rock them. Otherwise, you can be too easily confused for a video gamer out making a Hot Pocket/Mountain Dew run.

bawlin: Pricing seems in line with W+H stuff. I prefer the khaki to the tan immensely. Thinking about copping, actually.

Same here as they look great (I can't believe I'm contemplating spending that on sweats still though!).

The missing piece of information from the guys posting and who own the sweats...can you comment on what size you purchased and what size you typically wear in pants/chinos/trousers?

Gavin

Reaction score
Large it is. Thanks Gavin.

No worries. The medium felt too small in the biceps and shoulders, like anything W+H when it's too small. The large fit perfectly -- just enough slack to be a jacket, but still slim to the body. I was really happy with it.

I also want the sweatpants, but can't justify $140 for them right now.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Same here as they look great (I can't believe I'm contemplating spending that on sweats still though!).

The missing piece of information from the guys posting and who own the sweats...can you comment on what size you purchased and what size you typically wear in pants/chinos/trousers?

I'm a 29 in Diors, 28 in APC, 30-31 measured waist, and I went with a medium for a more relaxed feel.

Murdoc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
This is the way to rock them. Otherwise, you can be too easily confused for a video gamer out making a Hot Pocket/Mountain Dew run.

bawlin: Pricing seems in line with W+H stuff. I prefer the khaki to the tan immensely. Thinking about copping, actually.

As said video gamer I can object and say we don't have pants as nice as that regardless of how we wear them. : )

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads