• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simontuntelder
On a sidenote, I might be stupid here and the last to realize it, but are you Paul-T from Superfuture?
Yikes! I've been collared!

I have been busy over the last few weeks so trashed my SuFu password so I don't spend time answering the normal one/two emails a day asking how to size LVC 1947.

But, obviously, I couldn't totally stay away from answering that same question...

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was quite sure that I saw pics of the fabrics already and it looked really beautiful. If the fit was more modern I would be really into them. I remember the previous release of duck pants (Valencia St made) and they were quite amazing.

Will be exciting to see the pants! ive checked out the closed front jumper, and while its really cool, i belive it to be a bit difficult to wear. I imagine the pants being easier.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pablo-T
Yikes! I've been collared!

I have been busy over the last few weeks so trashed my SuFu password so I don't spend time answering the normal one/two emails a day asking how to size LVC 1947.

But, obviously, I couldn't totally stay away from answering that same question...

Oh, sorry I didn't mean to blow your cover. I'm really glad to see you here. You are always an endless source for information on LVC and vintage Levis in general
worship.gif

I found that SF is way better than Sufu in general. So I am glad to see that you are also spending time here. You should try to get Heech to join in. Maybe he is also here, but under a different alias.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
Will be exciting to see the pants! ive checked out the closed front jumper, and while its really cool, i belive it to be a bit difficult to wear. I imagine the pants being easier.

You are probably one of the only persons that I could see wearing the full duck cotton suit
fing02[1].gif

and yes, I just discovered smilies, in case you are wondering why I seem to use them in every sentence.
bigstar[1].gif

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Am I the only one who is a little disturbed by the fact that LVC is getting so much attention at the moment? And why is it getting so much attention right now?
I mean, LVC isn't something new - the line has been around for almost 15 years and hasn't really gotten more exiting over the years.

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Am I the only one who is a little disturbed by the fact that LVC is getting so much attention at the moment? And why is it getting so much attention right now?
I mean, LVC isn't something new - the line has been around for almost 15 years and hasn't really gotten more exiting over the years.

I think it is going through something of a resurgence - there's a more interesting range available now than I can remember in the last five years (bar the current horrible distressed leather jacket).

Also, once people have gone thru the normal 1950s 501 repro, whether by Samurai or whoever, they start looking at the more off-the-wall stuff, whether by warehouse, Mr Freedom or Real McCoy. LVC cotton duck pants, weird obscure 333 models, or the 201 are a very affordable way of getting into fairly esoteric workwear - and actually, compared to Mr Freedom or Warehouse, at reasonable prices.

The bad news, of course, is that the prices won't stay reasonable. The XX group will have to pay its way and there's a major hike in the works.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pablo-T
I think it is going through something of a resurgence - there's a more interesting range available now than I can remember in the last five years (bar the current horrible distressed leather jacket).

Also, once people have gone thru the normal 1950s 501 repro, whether by Samurai or whoever, they start looking at the more off-the-wall stuff, whether by warehouse, Mr Freedom or Real McCoy. LVC cotton duck pants, weird obscure 333 models, or the 201 are a very affordable way of getting into fairly esoteric workwear - and actually, compared to Mr Freedom or Warehouse, at reasonable prices.

The bad news, of course, is that the prices won't stay reasonable. The XX group will have to pay its way and there's a major hike in the works.

Apart from the Oki-ni sale, LVC hasn't really been available on sales either - I remember buying 1955s some years ago now on sale for £20.
And prices on eBay are through the roof - there was a time where you could get different LVC items for absolutely nothing.

Well, I guess it's a good thing that LVC is getting some more attention and hopefully some more dedicated followers. Bad thing is of course, as you pointed out, that prices will probably go up.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why does context say 1.5 inches of shrink lengthwise on the lvc55's when everything else says 3 inches?

rkusmant

Reaction score
just sharing...
I bought 501xx 1954 and 1901 from Cultizm about 2 weeks ago but I just have chance to soak them today. I got both in 42x38 hoping for the inseam to shrink, but the 1954 doesn't seem to shrink more than 1in while 1901 shrink about 2in in the inseam, the waist seems to shrink properly to about 42in for both.
I own 2 pairs of 501 STF and I'm pretty happy about the fit. Now I'm trying to get the 'slimmer' fit ('54) and the 'looser' fit ('01) in my wardrobe, looking forward to wear them hard soon.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been a big fan of LVC from the start but the duck pants have absolutely no appeal to me.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
WTF! If LVC is going to use STF denim or cotton duck, the inseams have to be longer than standard sizes. LVC eludes me yet again...

Isn't a 38" or 40" inseam enough for you?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^where do you see any 38 inseams? Longest cutlizm has are 34...

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
^^where do you see any 38 inseams? Longest cutlizm has are 34...

You are right, Bobo, but then again not completely. Contact Dejan. I'm sure he can work something out for you.

Furthermore some shops, Cultizm isn't the only stockist of LVC you know, have the 36" inseam in stock and in some models like the 505 or 501z the 36" is actually more like a 37". But you are right, very few shops have the 38" inseam, but they are out there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads