• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skagen Watches

cahlersmeyer

Reaction score
What are some other quality watches that are of the same form factor and roughly the same price? At the age of 20 I'm not ready to drop for an Omega or Breitling-priced watch...

craig g

Reaction score
my father adores his.

Originally Posted by Spizzy
For the price there isn't anything I like more. I have one and wear it all the time.

IMG_2569.jpg

what is the model number on that please ?

shasta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cahlersmeyer
What are some other quality watches that are of the same form factor and roughly the same price? At the age of 20 I'm not ready to drop for an Omega or Breitling-priced watch...

could get a hamilton for around 500 with automatic movement

v0rtex

Reaction score
I got a black one as a birthday gift and I'm a big fan, had a number of people compliment it. Went looking for another in silver/brown recently and was amazed how little they can be picked up for.

imgname--skagen_watches---50226711--skagen-3.jpg

pnin22

Reaction score
Great watches, some are really thin. Support freedom of speech by buying Danish goods!

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shasta
could get a hamilton for around 500 with automatic movement

+1 several better options at this pricepoint.

dl

cahlersmeyer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dl20
+1 several better options at this pricepoint.

dl

such as? I'm new to the watch game...

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
I wear digital watches all the time. Your point?

I didn't ask what you wear. Mechanical watches are by nature the antithess of technology and those shopping for for mechanical watches aren't looking for technology

cahlersmeyer

Reaction score
Been awhile since we've touched this thread I see...

Pretty much fell in love with this watch from the moment I saw it.
Having small wrists, I love the size and the minimalist design Skagen puts into their watches.
full.fx.fx

a-rock

Reaction score
FWIW I have a Skaagen that's about 7 yrs old. Replaced the battery twice now I think. Wore it daily until about 6 months ago when I got the Seiko 5 military automatic. Only gets occasional wear these days but still going strong. Pretty solid for $100 bucks.

dv_indian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cahlersmeyer
Yeah that tends to be my problem, I have small-ish wrists. I am roughly 5'6" and 140-150 lbs with an athletic build, so large clunky watches look terrible. I love the slimness of the Skagen watches.

Since some people here have had rough pasts with them, what are some other brands that make similar thin style watches, but I do not have to give and arm, leg, and my first born son to get?

Here's a bulova from Amazon at 120 USD
http://www.amazon.com/Bulova-Black-T...pd_sbs_watch_5

41LRI4prAEL._SS400_.jpg

If you like mechanical watches, the Stowa Antea at 585 USD is a nice, smaller sized watch with a display back to show off the beautiful handwind movement.
1139139706-23535.jpg

b22.jpg

cahlersmeyer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dv_indian
Here's a bulova from Amazon at 120 USD
http://www.amazon.com/Bulova-Black-T...pd_sbs_watch_5

41LRI4prAEL._SS400_.jpg

If you like mechanical watches, the Stowa Antea at 585 USD is a nice, smaller sized watch with a display back to show off the beautiful handwind movement.
1139139706-23535.jpg

b22.jpg

the movement is amazing! a little out of my price range tho
blush.gif

being a poor college student sucks sometimes!

CMJTperry

Reaction score
Is this a serious thread? Skagen watches? Spending a ton of money on nice shoes and clothing and then wearing a cheap throwaway watch just surprises me. You can get a decent watch without breaking the bank. And there are some nice choices right above this post. Stowa, Hamilton are some nice choices for not a lot of money.

cahlersmeyer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CMJTperry
Is this a serious thread? Skagen watches? Spending a ton of money on nice shoes and clothing and then wearing a cheap throwaway watch just surprises me. You can get a decent watch without breaking the bank. And there are some nice choices right above this post. Stowa, Hamilton are some nice choices for not a lot of money.

i'm happy for you that you are bringing down that kind of cash flow, but as a college student i cannot justify dropping $500 on a watch, thats a semester's worth of books!

RoyalPaJamas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CMJTperry

There's nothing wrong with Skagen - hardly a "throwaway" watch.

Not everyone wants to wear - or has the wrist to wear - a giant 45mm wide, 17mm thick automatic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics