• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I kindly request that FNB be allowed to return to Style Forum.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
I kindly request that FNB be allowed to return to Style Forum.

He is not lost, you know. I know where you can find him if you miss him so much. I suspect that you know too, but don't want to go and play with him there. I can understand that. What I can't understand is why someone who won't go and play with him there nonetheless insists that he be allowed to bring his special brand of bile here.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Okay, all that other stuff was cool, but I'm gonna have to pull rank on you here and lay down the kibosh. The answer is no. If anything, he is underrated.

I can't like him after his tactless loss to Shogun.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
He is not lost, you know. I know where you can find him if you miss him so much. I suspect that you know too, but don't want to go and play with him there. I can understand that. What I can't understand is why someone who won't go and play with him there nonetheless insists that he be allowed to bring his special brand of bile here.
He doesn't run the show here. It's impossible to be on an equal footing with another when he owns the show.

And I will note that my post that lead to the above request ... acknowledges that others won't feel similarly ... and I respect that. At one point (before I edited) that post went so far as to say ... Were I Manton ... I might feel differently ... and with good reason. Perhaps I shouldn't have removed that comment ... but I thought it unfair to "single you out."

Here is the other post:

Originally Posted by RSS
There have been a couple of references to FNB … whom I have come to miss. Of course, my own one-on-one SF experience of FNB was not perhaps as rough-and-tumble as the experiences of certain others. I know some SF members feel very differently … and I respect that.

FNB certainly wasn’t fond of my style of dress (well, one of them ... A&S comes to mind) … and was very outspoken about his feelings. Even so, I never felt truly insulted by him. I fondly remember the time he referred to my manner of dress as an anachronism. I responded with some comment about the Concorde having been an anachronism. He retorted suggesting my style was more akin to the Spruce Goose. I thought I was going to die laughing ... because in a way ... he was right.

In his dealing with me -- and I’m speaking only from my own experience -- more often than not he seemed rather good-natured … albeit with a sharp snarky side. Of course, I've been told that I'm a tad naive about these things. It’s even been suggested that I often miss the blatant insult that is lobbed my or another’s way. Maybe so ... maybe not. But the way I look at it ... if it's naivety ... please don’t enlighten me too much.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^Manton ... perhaps I feel the way I do because I've been very successful in my own business ... to the point that I am often the topic of other's conversations ... some of it polite ... some not so polite ... some of it truthful ... some an outright lie ... much of it a matter of opinion based on a lack of facts. I've had peole talk about me to my face ... without even realizing that I'm the person they're dishing.

And maybe having Hollywood clients -- to whom this happens day in and day out -- has helped me to understand that this is just gonna happen if one is truly succesful at what s/he does.

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
Quick question about "advertising". If I made a thread telling SFers of my amateur blog about fashion, would it be considered spam? I mean, it's very SW+D related, but I wanted to make sure it was okay to make a thread about my blog.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
^^^Manton ... perhaps I feel the way I do because I've been very successful in my own business ... to the point that I am often the topic of other's conversations ... some of it polite ... some not so polite ... some of it truthful ... some an outright lie ... much of it a matter of opinion based on a lack of facts. I've had peole talk about me to my face ... without even realizing that I'm the person they're dishing. And maybe having Hollywood clients -- to whom this happens day in and day out -- has helped me to understand that this is just gonna happen if one is truly succesful at what s/he does.
You never fail to remind strangers on the internet of how successful you are, so I can't possibly imagine why people in real life would take to discussing the success of your business, which allows you access to multiple bespoke tailors, houses on all shores, and Hollywood clients to boot.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
You never fail to remind strangers on the internet of how successful you are, so I can't possibly imagine why people in real life would take to discussing the success of your business, which allows you access to multiple bespoke tailors, houses on all shores, and Hollywood clients to boot.
For me ... the conversation is mostly by other architects. Architect's often discuss other architects.

But, I related that story of what I sometimes experience -- and what those for whom I work all too often experience -- because unless one learns to toughen-up and ignore it … that person will be forever hurting.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
For me ... the conversation is mostly by other architects. Architect's often discuss other architects. But, I related that story of what I sometimes experience -- and what those for whom work all too often experience -- because unless one learns to toughen-up and ignore it ... that person will be forever hurting.
You could just say that being more famous attracts attention, but every lesson and piece of advice you offer is laced with something about your good fortune. Perhaps it is an architect thing - I don't know. Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to go shopping for groceries and sleep with a Victoria's Secret Model, and then ride around town in my Ferrari. And all the finance guys will be g-o-s-s-i-p-i-n-g about me!

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to go shopping for groceries and sleep with a Victoria's Secret Model, and then ride around town in my Ferrari. And all the finance guys will be g-o-s-s-i-p-i-n-g about me!

Sweet.

- B

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to go shopping for groceries and sleep with a Victoria's Secret Model, and then ride around town in my Ferrari. And all the finance guys will be g-o-s-s-i-p-i-n-g about me!

I was just talking about you earlier at brunch at Felix with my financial buddies. Sorry but we couldn't help it - things were said... some of it polite ... some not so polite ... some of it truthful ... some outright lies ...

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I was just talking about you earlier at brunch at Felix with my financial buddies. Sorry but we couldn't help it - things were said... some of it polite ... some not so polite ... some of it truthful ... some outright lies ...

Your breakup with Jessica Alba stunned all of us ... not because it wasn't inevitable ... it was ... but mostly that it happened at Katz's Deli. The saving grace? ... Your wife still doesn't know ... not about the relationship ... not that we are telling ... well, I am in a way in this post ... but she liked Jessica.

- B

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Your breakup with Jessica Alba stunned all of us ... not because it wasn't inevitable ... it was ... but mostly that it happened at Katz's Deli. The saving grace? ... Your wife still doesn't know ... not about the relationship ... not that we are telling ... well, I am in a way in this post ... but she liked Jessica.
I think you have me confused with... hossosso

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper
Quick question about "advertising". If I made a thread telling SFers of my amateur blog about fashion, would it be considered spam? I mean, it's very SW+D related, but I wanted to make sure it was okay to make a thread about my blog.
Firstly, thanks for asking. We dont have a no-blog-link rule like some other boards do (no further discussion required fellas), so no, it's cool. The only thing I would ask of you in referencing and linking to your blog is to make it somewhat relevant to the conversation at hand, and to include something of substance in your post. I mean, if there is a thread about hoodies, and all you post here is 'oh i wrote about hoodies on my blog, click here' and a thread about desert boots 'oh i wrote about desert boots on my blog, click here' - then you will annoy people pretty quickly. If you contribute something, share the images, and then link for further, then I am OK with that. I don't think we have a policy per se, and I don't know that I have just written one, so I am happy to be overruled by other mods...boys - what say you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics