• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tshaw

Reaction score
clartie.jpg

Love what's in your hand, J..Glad to see you took it out and blew the dust off!
laugh.gif
Nice tie, too!

T

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
OTH, DTO doesn't have one, which I think puts me ahead of you.
- B

- CUSS YOU!
Originally Posted by Fred49
Van Laak shirt
Kiton tie
Battistoni suit
Lobb shoes
Hermes ps

- I like this today very much, better than yesterday IMO
Originally Posted by embowafa
That makes more sense. I almost had a crisis of faith at the church of PG!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ManofKent
Not your best but not bad - the red spots on the tie are too close to the check of the gingham I think. Great taste in PS's.
- I haven't had a best in years.. So this must be a low point
eh.gif

Originally Posted by Vaux_le_Vicomte
John Steed Memorial?
- I like & I think where can one wear that?
Originally Posted by niidawg3
PG ... i think the color scheme is not jiving. Maybe its the shirt vs the tie vs the PS ... feels like too much going on.
- I blame the saki from the night before, it not only dulls my senses but my eye sight
Originally Posted by radicaldog
Gallo tie? If so I have the exact same one.
- EZ from a few years back
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Coincidentally I'm wearing one today that looks exactly like it. Zegna, though.
- Correct
Originally Posted by Kentishman
Seriously DTO, you're even moving in on PGs 'coffee shot' (it's like a money shot, but easier to wash out...). He won't like that!
- dang, I have him on "hidden".. Will I or won't I.. Nah..

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new ride - quicker than a Lambo through the streets
4-60.jpg
4-62.jpg
4-61.jpg
4-59.jpg
I had to seek some advice from my Vash dealer
8-59.jpg
Dang my Cantonese is bad - both driver & I are confused
8-58.jpg
Home to catch the Super 14 Rugby - Brumbies v Sharks (watching camera closely..)
8-57.jpg

Monaco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
How to look like a douchebag in one easy step: Let your black collar shirt pop while out at a club... Did I care at that point, not really.... Standard young 30 year old single guy fare.... black collared dress shirt, gray jacket and dark blue jeans... the eye candy seemed to get better as the night went on, but that might be attributed to the free vodka. Someone was having a promotional release party in downtown SF, for their horrible vodka, but hey, it was a free open bar, and the women were only partially dressed, so, do you think I was worried about how I looked?
IMG_2033.jpg

I don't know why you gotta automatically defend and justify your picture but I didn't notice any of these oddities until you mentioned them. I think you are now very worried about how you looked. mjHession, great varieties and consistently posting updates, keep it up.

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DTO
20100313574.jpg

20100313560.jpg

Nice shoes DTO - have a pair myself in fact.
fistbump.gif

There may be some comments to come regarding the glasses though...

Sebastian

Reaction score

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Homage to Vox, with better accessories, hopefully

P3138036.jpg
P3138152.jpg

P3138174.jpg

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
I had this exact conversation with Teemu at Cleverley's and the good folks at Lobb. They assured me it's merely stylistic preference and some construction and styles lend better to more closure. And with some high insteps it's not all that practical.

Hm, Cleverley and Lobb, hard to argue with them... well, then at least I'm sure what my preference is.

Originally Posted by fritzl
i agree, though the gap should be around half an inch on the top. btw, this issue is merely "important" for closed lacing.

i have an high instep, that's one reason i have just a few pairs with closed lacing and another why i went the custom made route years ago.

Damn, I have a high instep too, now you're telling me that it's difficult to get closed lacing even when going bespoke (which I definitely plan on doing, once I have the money)?
Problem is, I don't like derbys very much.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
Damn, I have a high instep too, now you're telling me that it's difficult to get closed lacing even when going bespoke (which I definitely plan on doing, once I have the money)?
Problem is, I don't like derbys very much.

no worries. it's not difficult, when you are going mtm or bespoke. high instep is not high instep. it's not impossible to find something in rtw, though people with the same issue report about their problem.

i just prefer derbies and unfortunately i have to rule you out for the first phase of operation paprika.

i have the obligatory black captoe, though i wished i had a plain toe. anfängerfehler
wink.gif

a brown punched cap in calf and a brown pc in waxed leather with goyserer welt(all listed in the Austrian-Hungarian topic.)

ps: you would be a good testimonial for the mystery bespoke shoemaker...

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DTO
Hmm. Still some resonacne in SF about the Coloning Incident
plain.gif

For some people, sorry about the socks and shoes if it looks too PG-like.
20100311530.jpg

- DTO
devil.gif

Nice Lighter
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
huljlt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads