• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kixslf
at least PM if you want nudes (10)
...PMed!
Originally Posted by Kent Money

Hendrix
, please, those shoes...they must be destroyed. But kudos for having the cajones to wear white linen trousers. Also, I think if you sized up one on the polo it would help remove the hourglass silhouette you got going above the waist. I think that issue is single-handedly bringing down your fits. Size those shirts up, bro.

Oh yeah, and one last thing. Work on those traps, man. It'll help your neck/shoulder area look better. Do some shrugs the next time you're doing curls...

re the shoes: yeah i was having real difficulty deciding on footwear. The most obvious choice was beeswax DBs, but i wanted a chilled out look. Couldn't have worn chucks because they'd be too slim for the pants. Have some navy boat shoes, but again, i wanted a real chilled out look, almost as if i could be wearing sweat pants, except i'm not. I need to find a good sneaker which is chunky enough for relaxed pants. All the SF-approved sneakers are really sleek.

re the polo. i've been having trouble with the hourglass thing. I don't wanna size up because i hate it when the shoulders don't fit. i think i'll just have to find polos with less of a taper at the waist.

re traps. yep will do. My whole shoulder area is my biggest priority at the gym at the mo. need to bulk it up, my neck looks kinda long and feminine.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix

re traps. yep will do. My whole shoulder area is my biggest priority at the gym at the mo. need to bulk it up, my neck looks kinda long and feminine.

exactly this, couldn't find the words when I typed it out earlier. make sure you do those shrugs, workin your traps will help bulk up the shoulder near your neck.

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the way it fits...

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kent, what was the interview for? Congrats and good luck! For most purposes I'd lose the tie bar for an interview -- draws too much attention to itself, when you want the interviewers focused on you. Otherwise looks great. Shoes could be better I suppose, but as someone else said, the standard is hideous duck-bills. Hendrix, proportions are looking better. I agree with the suggestion of looser shirts to balance out your wider hips/legs. I love slim-fitting shirts, but over the last year I've finally accepted that they tend to make me look feminine due to my proportions, especially if I'm wearing jeans.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
pretty ironic of you to call someone bitchy and then lose your **** because some people thought your style was boring

I don't see where he has gone bitchy. Actually, he has been pretty stand-up. You, however, have a real ******* history of bitchy (extra-points for dressing the part) though you have calmed down and recovered quite nicely. I don't want to have to come back into this thread and call people out--last time, pages and pages got deleted.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
pretty ironic of you to call someone bitchy and then lose your **** because some people thought your style was boring

you're so cute dude, totes kawaii.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kent, looks fantastic. It's your best look so far. Stanford Med or Grad?

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
you're so cute dude, totes kawaii.
Actually (and it pains me that ****-talking is the only recourse on the internet), if this would all just go away--that would be a really quick solution. I know it's hard, sometimes irresistible... be strong. It's not that big of a deal. I don't give a **** about feelings being hurt (I normally think it's funny) but the Mods will have to start banning people for being disruptive and, for the most part, we have a good thing going here. Edit: Not sure why I quoted scott.m but you all get the idea anyway.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't talk **** or just dead outfits, if i'm gonna comment on one i'll state why, i feel **** is just like empty props and no constructive criticism, no ones perfect.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
i don't talk **** or just dead outfits, if i'm gonna comment on one i'll state why, i feel **** is just like empty props and no constructive criticism, no ones perfect.

Edited the same minute you posted. Not intentional.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
re the polo. i've been having trouble with the hourglass thing. I don't wanna size up because i hate it when the shoulders don't fit. i think i'll just have to find polos with less of a taper at the waist.

You should avoid polos altogether unless you are golfing or changing the oil in your car, basically because they are heinous. Those linen trou actually look pretty good.

The "hourglass thing" does not bug me as much as it clearly bugs everyone else. I have a bit of that going on myself. In addition to finding a shirt that fits you better generally, try not to pull the shirt down so much at the waist/hem (which will tend to cause the middle of the shirt to pull inwards a bit) and letting it drape a bit more. Dunno, just throwing that out there as a suggestion. trial and error . . .

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys, the shirt is a bit billowy but it is exaggerated in photos, that said I do agree in that it could do with a taper so I appreciate the feedback, I'll be going to the tailors when I have some spare dough and getting it worked in, the million dollar question is how much to take in, but we'll see. Eason the shirt is indeed 3/4 length on the sleeves, it is quite fantastic as I always role up my sleeves on my long sleeve shirts so it's good that I don't need to on this one, it also helps with not getting stains on my cuffs. Oh and thanks for the comments on the jeans/shoes, the jeans are S/S 2005 Dior 19cm's (runway pic)and the shoes are Black Alden 907's.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asch
Kent, what was the interview for? .
Originally Posted by bluemagic
Kent, looks fantastic. It's your best look so far. Stanford Med or Grad?
Best look so far? I hope not...I'm not really an MC sorta guy. Neither grad nor med, I interviewed for a job working for a big shot Ph.D./M.D. The position is Research Coordinator for the director of the Pediatric Nephrology Department at the Stanford Hospital. She has several projects funded by the NIH (and private sector) and she needs someone to enroll patients, collect samples, write up IRB reports, etc. It will be a segue for medical school (and hopefully the USAF Pilot Physician Program program for me
smile.gif
) Competitive salary and benefits. I need that **** too, not covered by my parents plan anymore. I feel very good about it, but let's not jinx anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads