• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Conne's food log

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Whole chickens are $0.79/lb.

You think Connes gonna learn how to debone a whole chicken? Yes its easy and anybody can do it but thats the kind of stuff that turns people off from eating better. Im lazy like that too.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Buy bone in, it's cheaper. You can debone them yourself.

Much more laborious and leaves you with ***** dark meat etc... plus your pound weight includes paying for the skin and the bones.

I cook a 5lb bags of chix breasts every few days so I have my lean proteins ready. Easily prevents eating poorly because I hadn't prepped.

Same with carbs like rice or quinoa etc.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cooked a few chicken breasts last night. Was easy to throw some cut-up chicken (seasoned with Conne's Magical Flavorz), spinach, carrots, oil and vinegar into a tupperware container.

3/11

3 eggs, scrambled
Handful of blueberries
1/3 cup of Kashi GoLean cereal
1 glass skim milk
2 cups coffee

1 cheeseburger, McDonald's
1/2 of small order of french fries

Wheat linguine with beef and sweet sausage meatballs
Carrots
Diet Coke and water

1 slice chocolate cake
1/3 cup Kashi GoLean cereal w/skim milk

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
I swear taste buds will be bred out of most Americans in the next few centuries.
I can taste things just fine.
smile.gif

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Much more laborious and leaves you with ***** dark meat etc... plus your pound weight includes paying for the skin and the bones.

I cook a 5lb bags of chix breasts every few days so I have my lean proteins ready. Easily prevents eating poorly because I hadn't prepped.

facepalm.gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant

Dark meat in a bone in breast? Wtf? And no, bone in with skin on is far cheaper than buying it without.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2 eggs, scrambled
2 cups coffee
Handful of bluberries

Genova tuna (thanks why, this **** is delicious) sandwich w/Vt. cheddar and spinach
3 carrots

A few blueberries

4 homemade tacos (w/ground sirloin) with spinach and shredded cheese
Water, Diet Coke

I feel like I didn't eat a lot today...but I feel great.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
This thread brings the lulz.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hey, how's all that drinking going tonight?
are we going to get a list?

Monaco

Reaction score
The following, written in red is my advice for you, take it or leave it but if you really want change, my tips work. At my worst I was 215lbs / 5'11 in highschool, now fastfoward a few years I am 162/6ft. I used to wear L and XL, size 38w and now I wear S/M and size 30w. Do you work out? what is your body fat %? That is also a big factor that you should consider. For workouts/exercise, remember...its only working if you're sweating and your heart rate is high. If you're not sweating, don't expect good results.
Originally Posted by Connemara
Cooked a few chicken breasts last night. Was easy to throw some cut-up chicken (seasoned with Conne's Magical Flavorz), spinach, carrots, oil and vinegar into a tupperware container. your meals should be more like this, have more veggies than meat. 3/11 3 eggs, scrambled -Stop eating eggs everyday, way too much fat and cholesterol...If you must, 1 egg and 2 egg whites. With high cholesterol you may at max eat 2 eggs a week, ask any doctor Handful of blueberries - 1/3 cup of Kashi GoLean cereal 1 glass skim milk 2 cups coffee 1 cheeseburger, McDonald's 1/2 of small order of french fries - are you even on a diet? cut out the mickey D's entirely...go to Subway and eat a footlong of any of the 7grams of less subs with water, no cheese, mayo or any of the full flavored dressings. Wheat linguine with beef and sweet sausage meatballs - beef and sausage has way too much saturated fat and high in cholesterol. Carrots Diet Coke and water - forget diet coke (drink water, period) the aspartame (artificial sugar) is NOT good for you. 1 slice chocolate cake - don't eat any type of cake, trader joe's sells fat free brownie mix that you just add with nonfat vanilla yogurt, a great replacement to chocolate cake for you. Remember, all cake is made of oil, eggs, butter, sugar and flour 1/3 cup Kashi GoLean cereal w/skim milk
When you've started getting closer and closer to your target weight and desired build, you can start leaning towards things that you like to eat (in moderation only).

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Monaco
The following, written in red is my advice for you, take it or leave it but if you really want change, my tips work. At my worst I was 215lbs / 5'11 in highschool, now fastfoward a few years I am 162/6ft. I used to wear L and XL, size 38w and now I wear S/M and size 30w. Do you work out? what is your body fat %? That is also a big factor that you should consider.

Damn bro, i eat about 5 eggs a day, i should be dead by now
facepalm.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Subway isn't a good recommendation, either. Their subs may boast low fat, but you're still woofing down a loaf of bread for about 100 grams of carbs. And that's not even considering the enriched nature of their breads.

He could certainly do worse with fast food, but I'd advise against making him think it's OK to go eat at Subway even a couple times a week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads