• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ITT: The worst physical pain you've ever experienced

oroy38

Reaction score
Kidney stone. Followed by being stabbed/cut by an angry Latino. I'm more afraid of kidney stones than knives.

DentistCare

Reaction score
once at time in a party I fell down the stairs because someone throw water on the floor and not clean it, then I slipped and fell the stairs like in movies. I crack the coccyx and had to sit in an air donut for 2 months.
I was puke and I could not breathe through the pain, I went to ER and they gave me morphine for ******
oh god... i don´t want remember...
DC

http://desperesdentistry.com
http://www.justinbshortdentistry.com/

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ WUT? *******
spam[1].gif
is getting so good

Anyone been stabbed, shot, tazed, punched in the face, etc? Im looking for some physical harm comparisons...

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am curious to hear about how much being shot hurts. In movies it makes it look like the body numbs the pain from the shock of it.

Stokely

Reaction score
Knee went backwards. Skateboards are awesome and terrible at the same time.

On another note, sometimes the fear of pain is a different beast. Say you have a wild horse who you know you can't ride, but you try, cause she's watching, but nonetheless, you get thrown, thrown hard. ****. That hurts but in a good way. But thinking about it happening is way worse than the actual act.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AJL
Most recently, I was manually closing a double-width, solid wood, articulated garage door--approx 300-400 lbs-- (electric closer hadn't been attached yet) when the door slipped a couple feet from the floor, and next thing I know I'm looking at 2 of my fingers completely closed up between two sections. I yelled for help, but as no one could hear me, I did one of those adrenaline numbers and lifted the door up with my left hand enough to remove my fingers. They came out looking cartoon-like; flattened literally by half, broken, though otherwise intact.

Actually, the most excruciating short term pain I've experienced was from something that sounds fairly innocuous, maybe even mildly amusing--hemorrhoids. Had 'em for years, sometimes they flare up, itch, burn, etc. If you've had em you know what I mean. Very rarely they become so inflamed and swollen that they hurt to the point where you're afraid to cough and just urinating can cause a shock wave that rises from your ass to the top of your head (when you stop the stream and your rectal muscles "clench"). About 5 years ago, they became so inflamed I had to see a doctor, which took some effort cause at that point I'm scuttling around like a crab. So doc checks it out and says yeah, looks pretty bad, I'm gonna get a surgeon to look at this. So, down to surgery, and the surgeon gets me prone on the bench, takes a look and says "well, we could be looking at surgical removal, but that's not always a good outcome, or we could just try to massage the blood vessels to 'redistribute' the blood'. It might hurt a little" Okay, I said, if you think it will alleviate some of the pain lets try. Suffice to say every muscle in my body, including my toes, was clenched for that 5 mins or so as he "massaged", i.e., basically grabbed the swollen veins (roids) and forced the blood back up by squeezing them between his fingers. I wanted to scream, but I'd lost the ability to make any sounds. In hindsight (yea, I know...) I realized the bastard should have used some kind of anesthesia, local or otherwise, but I think he was seeing me "on the fly" as a favor to my GP. I scuttled out of there in worse pain than when I entered, and it took at least several hours til it improved. During and immediately following the procedure I got to thinking about how much pain could the human body withstand, and what must it feel like to have your body wracked with cancer, or have a limb amputated without benefit of anesthesia? Fun stuff, but only relatively short-term, and nothing approaching some of the other harrowing tales herein (near double-amputation, etc...)

I agree with you on the pain induced by hemorrhoids. I have a few due to family hx and smoking. Sometimes I get constipated and the pain is excruciating when sitting on the toilet.

Stokely

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
^^^ WUT? *******
spam[1].gif
is getting so good

Anyone been stabbed, shot, tazed, punched in the face, etc? Im looking for some physical harm comparisons...

Little bit of buckshot, punched plenty, tazed twice. Essentially stabbed a few times, close enough to need stiches often. My jobs have been wild, and my life a tad wilder.

If you need comparisons I can make those things happen for you brother. However, it upsets me to no end that people attempt to find solace or glory in other peoples pain. So be careful where you tread. Ain't no pain like real pain.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stokely
Little bit of buckshot, punched plenty, tazed twice. Essentially stabbed a few times, close enough to need stiches often. My jobs have been wild, and my life a tad wilder.

If you need comparisons I can make those things happen for you brother. However, it upsets me to no end that people attempt to find solace or glory in other peoples pain. So be careful where you tread. Ain't no pain like real pain.

1168834-calm_down_bro_super.jpg

Im just asking for a comparison, a pain scale if you will. This isnt a dick measuring contest or looking for glory. Im just curious what the worst pain imagineable is, especially from say a physical attack.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stokely
it upsets me to no end that people attempt to find solace or glory in other peoples pain. So be careful where you tread. Ain't no pain like real pain.

I'm not sure anyone here's looking for "solace or glory."

Think of this thread like a group of dudes comparing scars. Each one tells a story. It's kind of fun to relive the pain, knowing you're past it. On the receiving end of a story, there's sympathy and also an element of escapism. It's all harmless.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
I'm not sure anyone here's looking for "solace or glory."

Think of this thread like a group of dudes comparing scars. Each one tells a story. It's kind of fun to relive the pain, knowing you're past it. On the receiving end of a story, there's sympathy and also an element of escapism. It's all harmless.

And we can thank our lucky stars no one's broken out their list of emotional scars...

cheyrou

Reaction score
had a pancreas tract infection, steeped on a nail, bit by a centipede. Centipede was probably the most scarring, didnt want to go outside for weeks. I am also sure it was my neighbor's pet, lunatic kept all sorts of wierd pets and released them. This was a big centipede probably 7 inches long, i doubt it was native to louisiana

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
And we can thank our lucky stars no one's broken out their list of emotional scars...

True. Although it would be fun to bust out my best, Good Will Hunting-style "It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault."

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheyrou
had a pancreas tract infection, steeped on a nail, bit by a centipede. Centipede was probably the most scarring, didnt want to go outside for weeks. I am also sure it was my neighbor's pet, lunatic kept all sorts of wierd pets and released them. This was a big centipede probably 7 inches long, i doubt it was native to louisiana

Ouch. It's jackasses like that guy who caused Florida to become overrun with Burmese pythons and even anacondas, for instance. The exotic pet trade should be more heavily regulated in this country than it is.

cheyrou

Reaction score
The worst thing in florida are the iguanas, they're everywhere. theyre huge and irritable, people think they just sir around all day but no, those mofos will bite you. I mean Iguanas are stylish so i can appreciate them to some extent, but their attitudes are just rotten

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hit in the head with a baseball bat when I were a child. Dose not seem to bee an lingering slide effects.

I also got a concussion a few years ago and had some headaches that while they weren't really painful per se, they were so bad that I had to pull over on the side of the road while driving. Everything else in my body shut down when these would flare up making them more painful than they really were.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads